Author Topic: Kinki studio EX-M1  (Read 11510 times)

Offline Funkyjazz

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Kinki studio EX-M1
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2019, 17:59 »
Current price still VFM. Get it fast as price is going up. ;D

Offline benlzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2019, 18:18 »
Thanks for your reply. I agreed HPDA is slightly on the warm side. So considering upgrading.

Sorry slight modification to my post. I tried the 6700, not the 7500. Mistook the series. I could always bring the virtuoso over for you to try if you want to since that's to me quite neutral with good high extension, might fit what you're after.

Offline thyewb

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2019, 18:58 »
For me, the ex-m1 is a relatively neutral sounding amp with a tinge of musicality and smoothness. There's little to no warmness, hence to get a bit more organic richness and lush tones, I decided to pair it with the s55n.

Previously tried other more neutral sounding cables on it, and also the Furutech DPS4.1, but I think they work better in other chains in my setup than on the ex-m1.

S55N is what I'd call a 'tuning cable', and if you wire your whole setup with that, the warmness may be too overpowering imo.
Hi Benlzy,

Thanks for the tip. Kinki is really good amp but just abit dry on the vocal. I got a Plixir BAC which help to warm Kinki more.
Do you use a power conditioner too? What power cord do you use from wall to power conditioner since Furutech S55N is already 10awg?
I am considering to change power cords from wall to conditioner and conditioner to amp.

I fully agree that fuses do affect sq but to me, it has never brought about a performance jump by a few levels. Maybe his levels are really close together hence the huge jump  ;D

Despite that, I'm using telos and audio magic fuses for my kinki dac/amp and there is a definite improvement over the stock, though I wouldn't rate it as jumping a few levels..
Which Audio Magic fuse model to match with Furutech S55N?

Offline benlzy

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2019, 21:54 »
Hi Benlzy,

Thanks for the tip. Kinki is really good amp but just abit dry on the vocal. I got a Plixir BAC which help to warm Kinki more.
Do you use a power conditioner too? What power cord do you use from wall to power conditioner since Furutech S55N is already 10awg?
I am considering to change power cords from wall to conditioner and conditioner to amp.
Which Audio Magic fuse model to match with Furutech S55N?

The old bac series before the elementa and elite are imo, alrdy slightly more musical than the current offerings but it definitely doesn't do that much in overall warmness. I'm using a power conditioner made by Robert from Liveacoustics. Not even sure what the model is called or if it's even advertised, but I've heard it in comparison to other conditioners and distributors during a pk session and really loved it.

My wall cord to the conditioner is a relatively neutral sounding cord, an 8awg pure silver cord called the Cabledyne Virtuoso Ultra. Sadly the company doesn't seem to be around anymore. I have 2 more Ultras that feed my dac and DC supply.

If you're thinking s55n from wall to conditioner and conditioner to amp, this 2 may very well be all you need already if you're looking for more warmness. For my fuse, I think it's the SHD model, but i already got this fuse a few years ago, before I used the kinki or furutech cords. It's a lush, organic sounding fuse but the break in took quite long. First impression was of disappointment but after some time, one day sat down and was like "oh hello :)"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 23:15 by benlzy »

Offline Funkyjazz

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2019, 22:56 »
Sorry slight modification to my post. I tried the 6700, not the 7500. Mistook the series. I could always bring the virtuoso over for you to try if you want to since that's to me quite neutral with good high extension, might fit what you're after.
No Prob. So which you think is a good upgrade from HPDA? Thanks for your offer. Currently running in the plixir Elite conditioner with the upgraded receptacles. Once settled down, will arrange for a listen to virtuoso.

Offline SoSosound

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2019, 08:34 »
Previously the EX-M1 was $2898, not too sure about the current prices - best if you check directly with Alvin.
Thank you!!

Offline benlzy

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2019, 08:55 »
No Prob. So which you think is a good upgrade from HPDA? Thanks for your offer. Currently running in the plixir Elite conditioner with the upgraded receptacles. Once settled down, will arrange for a listen to virtuoso.

If you're liking a neutral, excellent high extension and tight bass but quiet and dynamic cord, the 6700 might be the one for you. But it's pricey, about S$2.5k.

Virtuoso Ultra is also neutral, there's more excitement in the tone, more expressive, though the highs are not as refined as the acrolink. More flexible though, and new was around US$1250. Can source for second hand ones.

The cardas clear was also neutral, but the bass extension and slam was quite more apparent than either of those cords. Overall very open soundstage and good vfm if you manage to find second hand, which is around S$750

Offline Funkyjazz

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2019, 11:17 »
If you're liking a neutral, excellent high extension and tight bass but quiet and dynamic cord, the 6700 might be the one for you. But it's pricey, about S$2.5k.

Virtuoso Ultra is also neutral, there's more excitement in the tone, more expressive, though the highs are not as refined as the acrolink. More flexible though, and new was around US$1250. Can source for second hand ones.

The cardas clear was also neutral, but the bass extension and slam was quite more apparent than either of those cords. Overall very open soundstage and good vfm if you manage to find second hand, which is around S$750
Thanks for your feedback, I will look out for either Virtuoso or Cardas clear.

Offline malsound

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2019, 19:27 »
why is it so dam  hard to obsoleted this turning pieces of equipment ?

https://youtu.be/y3RIHnK0_NE

https://youtu.be/FELbmXdS4xM

Offline benlzy

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2019, 14:57 »
Misspelled 'Vinshine' as 'Vishine' hahaha, and still highlighted in red  ;D

Offline gs11tan

Re: Kinki studio EX-M1/ B7
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2019, 16:58 »
   My Kinki B7 mono blockas have already clocked 120hours, its' getting better and better.The overall performance is achieving 90 percent of my Karan amp has and the low and attack is even better than Karan. I am enjoying the music coming out from these gems, compact and powerful, most important very musical.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 17:00 by gs11tan »

Offline Funkyjazz

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2019, 18:43 »
   My Kinki B7 mono blockas have already clocked 120hours, its' getting better and better.The overall performance is achieving 90 percent of my Karan amp has and the low and attack is even better than Karan. I am enjoying the music coming out from these gems, compact and powerful, most important very musical.
Welcome to the club.....

Offline Pismo Mac

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2019, 11:26 »
Can I just get a feel of which speakers are being driven by this integrated amp or the monoblocs? Is anyone using these as part of a home theatre/stereo setup?

I like the idea that there is HT bypass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline benlzy

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2019, 13:26 »
The EX-M1+ is the one with HT Bypass. I'm using the ex-m1 in a 2.1 stereo setup - you're welcomed to give it a listen just to have a feel of the kinki sound. Just pm me if you're interested.

After months of listening, I still find the ex-m1 performs better in high gain, an issue for me because my speakers are quite sensitive and any volume past "4" is bordering loud.. haha. Can't finely adjust the volume if using in high gain :/

Offline Pismo Mac

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2019, 14:06 »
The EX-M1+ is the one with HT Bypass. I'm using the ex-m1 in a 2.1 stereo setup - you're welcomed to give it a listen just to have a feel of the kinki sound. Just pm me if you're interested.

After months of listening, I still find the ex-m1 performs better in high gain, an issue for me because my speakers are quite sensitive and any volume past "4" is bordering loud.. haha. Can't finely adjust the volume if using in high gain :/

What speakers are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk