Author Topic: Kinki studio EX-M1  (Read 11440 times)

Offline Funkyjazz

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Kinki studio EX-M1
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2018, 00:43 »
does the Ex1-m has home theater bypass feature? TIA
No.

Offline malsound

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 21:56 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyelBtNcZ6g&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eyelBtNcZ6g&fs=1</a>
why is it so dam  hard to obsoleted this turning pieces of equipment ?

https://youtu.be/y3RIHnK0_NE

https://youtu.be/FELbmXdS4xM

Offline thyewb

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2019, 10:03 »
Hi Kinki onwers, I just got myself a EX-M1.. very likely I will keep this amp for long after going through a round of equipment change in these few months.. any recommendations for tweaks eg. power cords, footers, fuse, op-amp?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Offline benlzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2019, 15:58 »
Hi Kinki onwers, I just got myself a EX-M1.. very likely I will keep this amp for long after going through a round of equipment change in these few months.. any recommendations for tweaks eg. power cords, footers, fuse, op-amp?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Using a furutech s55n for mine and harmonix footers under.. liking this combination a lot.

Offline kelvinsin

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 11:48 »
As i knew the latest version has av bypass. Feedback from hk user this amp must change the stock fuse to fully release the power of the beast. He changed to power house zero fuse and the performance is jump few levels.
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Usher BE616, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline benlzy

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2019, 17:00 »
I fully agree that fuses do affect sq but to me, it has never brought about a performance jump by a few levels. Maybe his levels are really close together hence the huge jump  ;D

Despite that, I'm using telos and audio magic fuses for my kinki dac/amp and there is a definite improvement over the stock, though I wouldn't rate it as jumping a few levels..

Offline thyewb

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2019, 10:24 »
Using a furutech s55n for mine and harmonix footers under.. liking this combination a lot.
Hi Benlzy,
What plugs do you get for your Furutech S55N?  Have you compare Furutech S55N with Furutech FP-S35C?
I looking for a thicker gauge of power cable for my amplifer, considering Oyaide Tunami V2 or Furutech, but no chance to try in my system.

Offline benlzy

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2019, 16:53 »
Hi Benlzy,
What plugs do you get for your Furutech S55N?  Have you compare Furutech S55N with Furutech FP-S35C?
I looking for a thicker gauge of power cable for my amplifer, considering Oyaide Tunami V2 or Furutech, but no chance to try in my system.

Sorry I'm not too familiar with the S35C model.. only know of s32N and s22N, though I have not tried them personally.

S55N is a very liquid warm cable, with open mids, deep bass and surprisingly still quite detailed despite me using the fi-28 G plugs with it.

Offline watchdog

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2019, 13:08 »
Hi Benlzy,

I think you mean the S35N. Both have similar tonality except the S55N has a bigger and heavier sound. The Tunami V2 has a more neutral tone and tighter/faster bass. If you like a golden tone with lots of liquidity, take the Furutech. For a more neutral tone, either take the Tunami or the Acrolink 4030 Anniversario. In all cases, you can further tune the sound more to your liking through your choice of plugs.
Less is more !

Offline benlzy

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2019, 16:43 »
For me, the ex-m1 is a relatively neutral sounding amp with a tinge of musicality and smoothness. There's little to no warmness, hence to get a bit more organic richness and lush tones, I decided to pair it with the s55n.

Previously tried other more neutral sounding cables on it, and also the Furutech DPS4.1, but I think they work better in other chains in my setup than on the ex-m1.

S55N is what I'd call a 'tuning cable', and if you wire your whole setup with that, the warmness may be too overpowering imo.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 16:44 by benlzy »

Offline Funkyjazz

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2019, 21:05 »
For me, the ex-m1 is a relatively neutral sounding amp with a tinge of musicality and smoothness. There's little to no warmness, hence to get a bit more organic richness and lush tones, I decided to pair it with the s55n.

Previously tried other more neutral sounding cables on it, and also the Furutech DPS4.1, but I think they work better in other chains in my setup than on the ex-m1.

S55N is what I'd call a 'tuning cable', and if you wire your whole setup with that, the warmness may be too overpowering imo.
Hi Benlzy,
What other neutral sounding cables you had tried? I am still using TWL HPDA. Thinking of upgrading. Prefer neutral sounding.

Offline benlzy

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2019, 11:35 »
Hi Benlzy,
What other neutral sounding cables you had tried? I am still using TWL HPDA. Thinking of upgrading. Prefer neutral sounding.

I have tried the cardas clear, acrolink mexcel 6700 and cabledyne virtuoso ultra (company seems to have closed alrdy). Currently using the ultra on my kinki dac.

HPDA is to me, one of the better cords from twl but all twl cords are slightly on the warm/natural/musical side. It is still a very good cord that I don't mind owning.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 18:14 by benlzy »

Offline Funkyjazz

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2019, 09:00 »
I have tried the cardas clear, acrolink mexcel 7500 and cabledyne virtuoso ultra (company seems to have closed alrdy). Currently using the ultra on my kinki dac.

HPDA is to me, one of the better cords from twl but all twl cords are slightly on the warm/natural/musical side. It is still a very good cord that I don't mind owning.
Thanks for your reply. I agreed HPDA is slightly on the warm side. So considering upgrading.

Offline SoSosound

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2019, 15:10 »
Hi Guy! What is the current local price now for EX-M1 and EX-M1+ now?

Offline benlzy

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2019, 16:01 »
Previously the EX-M1 was $2898, not too sure about the current prices - best if you check directly with Alvin.