Author Topic: Emotiva Stealth PA-1 MonoBlocks  (Read 688 times)

Offline wvs007

• Trade Count: (0)
Emotiva Stealth PA-1 MonoBlocks
« on: July 03, 2018, 21:19 »
Is anybody going to try the new Emotiva Stealth PA-1 digital amps? My set is on it's way via a friend in Texas...can't wait!
HiFi setup : Peachtree Audio Nova 150 / Usher BE-718 / Oppo BPD-105D / Apple MacMini / Telos Black Reference / Isotek Premier / FIIO X5 / Bluesound Node 2
Mini HiFi : Peachtree Audio MusicBox / Bluesound Power Node 2 / Arcam IRDac / Dynaudio Focus 110 / SoundTech MC15 speakers / Emotiva Basx S8 sub / FIIO X1 / Cocktail Audio X10 / Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC / Emotiva Stealth PA-1 MonoBlocks (coming soon!)
Spare room : Marantz MCR-611 / Peachtree Audio MusicBox / MartinLogan Motion 4 speakers

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: Emotiva Stealth PA-1 MonoBlocks
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 00:36 »
Would be a great pairing with my SP-1 and DC-1 pictured with them here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAQdySgSZ1Q/?utm_source=ig_embed

Interested to know how they sound but Im using my pair above with my DIY active www.linkwitzlab.com pluto's

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:51 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline lcheetec

• Snr Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 09:35 »
I'm thinking hard. They would be my first foray into Class D. Am using a Yaqin tube integrated (as a power amp) with the Emotiva BasX PT-100 pre, so the Class D will be a change.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:49 »
Not saying Class D is bad. they are vastly different sounding compared to Class A/AB. now comparing to Tube, the most obvious difference would be you lose that warm soul feeling you always have.
so it depends on your expectations.
Dynaudio Confidence C1, Center, Focus 110, Contour SR, IC17
Denon AVC-X8500H, Plinius CD-101, Tautoro, SA-103 SA-103, Sony X800, PS4, Optoma UHD65, Panasonic CX700.

Offline lcheetec

• Snr Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 10:21 »
Not saying Class D is bad. they are vastly different sounding compared to Class A/AB. now comparing to Tube, the most obvious difference would be you lose that warm soul feeling you always have.
so it depends on your expectations.
Thanks. I won't be selling off the Yaqin so quickly then. 3kg per channel! Boggles the mind!

Daniel

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

Offline lcheetec

• Snr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 08:04 »
I'm in touch with Emotiva to ship direct to Singapore. They are receptive, since it isn't yet available on Amazon, and I think the local distributor.
Thanks. I won't be selling off the Yaqin so quickly then. 3kg per channel! Boggles the mind!

Daniel

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

Offline lcheetec

• Snr Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 23:52 »
It's on the way, a pair of PA-1's.... :-)
I'm in touch with Emotiva to ship direct to Singapore. They are receptive, since it isn't yet available on Amazon, and I think the local distributor.