Author Topic: Optoma UHZ65 VS JVC7900 VS SONY VW360ES VS QLED VS OLED  (Read 4172 times)

Offline badbad2000

• Trade Count: (0)
Would be great to hear all of your opinion and choices.

Optoma UHZ65 - DLP e-shift (4k Faux), limited to REC709, fast on/off, Laser, no horizontal lens shift, 18Gbps HDMI 2.0
JVC DLA-X7900 - only e-shift, wider color gamut, inky black, high contrast, 18Gbps HDMI 2.0
Sony VPL-VW360ES - Native 4K, limited to YCbCr 4:2:0 8 bit on 4k 60hz sources (banding issue), 13Gbps HDMI, color moire sometime
Samsung QLED Q9FN 75" - Inky Black, less refection, wide color gamut, narrow view angle, only 75"
LG OLED C8 65" - Prefect Black, limited brightness, wide color gamut, wide view angle, only 65", burn in
Sony X9000F 85" - Most expensive, limited view angle

For projector screen size will be limited to 92" or 100". If 92" speaker position will be prefect. If 100" speaker position for LR will a bit over 30 degree.

Offline Doggie Howser

Re: Optoma UHZ65 VS JVC7900 VS SONY VW360ES VS QLED VS OLED
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:25 »
I don’t think the 13Gbps port on the Sony 360ES is limited in that way. By losing the audio part of the HDMI chain, it should do full fat video.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 13:35 »
Would be great to hear all of your opinion and choices.

Optoma UHZ65 - DLP e-shift (4k Faux), limited to REC709, fast on/off, Laser, no horizontal lens shift, 18Gbps HDMI 2.0
JVC DLA-X7900 - only e-shift, wider color gamut, inky black, high contrast, 18Gbps HDMI 2.0
Sony VPL-VW360ES - Native 4K, limited to YCbCr 4:2:0 8 bit on 4k 60hz sources (banding issue), 13Gbps HDMI, color moire sometime
Samsung QLED Q9FN 75" - Inky Black, less refection, wide color gamut, narrow view angle, only 75"
LG OLED C8 65" - Prefect Black, limited brightness, wide color gamut, wide view angle, only 65", burn in
Sony X9000F 85" - Most expensive, limited view angle

For projector screen size will be limited to 92" or 100". If 92" speaker position will be prefect. If 100" speaker position for LR will a bit over 30 degree.

You are talking about 2 categories here - Projector and TV display.

For Projector, I used to say if possible, go for native 4K resolution for optimum PQ. However, this is no longer true (at least for me)...High Dynamic Range (HDR) as a result of Wide Color GAmut (WCG) will be the thing to go instead of getting native 4K resolution panel. The faux-4K projector in the likes of JVC e-Shift 4 onwards has had achieved outstanding PQ that can easily beat a true 4K projector like Sony any time. This is coming from an owner using a true native 4K projector when it first hit the market and also a JVC DiLA projector users past and present.

For TV category, the current fight is between the QLED (new) and the OLED (old but still gold standards for movie watching) TV at the moment. If you don't want burn-in on your panel over time using OLED screen, then go for QLED but don't be too happy yet as it has been reviewed and tested by some TV reviewers that Samsung's QLED although able to achieve near inky black levels akin to OLED brethrens, the color accuracy and the ETOF for HDR reading all off-the-charts (meaning go haywire) to truly represent what the "actual" colors representation and dynamic range of the PQ ought to be be at any given scene. Unless you nitpick on color and dynamic range accuracy, OLED will be the better option for better movie viewing experience. Just need to be "mindful" of the burn-in over time if you watch a lot of broadcast TV content with a static logo etc...

Speaking of the VW360ES HDMI bandwidth limitation, Doggie is correct in the sense that the HDMI output for the VW360ES is capable of transmitting and receiving 18Gbps bandwidth as long as it is has a HDMI 2.0/a input. The limitation comes in the way the firmware locked it at the max of 4K/60fps at a sub-sampling rate of YCbCr 4:2:0 at 8-bit color bit-depth which ultimately contributes to the banding issues that some users might experience. In short, higher bitrate of 10/12-bit will have no issue passing through VW360ES, the issue lies with the on-board processor's limitation to "degrade" the signal to 8-bit. This in my opinion IS THE WORST! Hence I would definitely recommend to go for the JVC X7900 instead.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 13:54 »

Food for thought...what you are giving up if you go the Laser route...

Since we are on the topic of Projector PQ comparison...I have assimilate a fair amount of reviews for a little over a year and I have gathered that laser projector regardless of SONY or JVC's uber expensive true native 4K laser-based projectors...one comment has popped up a few times from some of the more critical projector reviewers and that is - it will be harder (not say impossible in the near future) to get that true inky black levels which JVC DiLA has been so proud of with their range of prosumer grade 4K faux projectors (that still utilize mercury based UHP lamp module for its illumination needs)...It is not the fault of Sony or JVC but rather due to the present video calibration capability of the software that is able to take in the laser light beam...The high intensity in such a light source proved to be issue in achieving what is the "correct" "gamma" or EOTF for HDR content...WCG (BT2020) and Gamma (or EOTF), HDR vs SDR content are all inter-connected variables in the video chain...one part did not do its job well will cause a ripple in the pond effect to the rest which ultimately caused the black levels to be affected. Once that is affected, the contrast in those dynamic scenes will also be affected...one leads to the other...

I'm not saying this is impossible to get it to work but I believed laser based light source introduced a set of problems that "current" video calibrations cannot readily provide a remedy. If TV calibration can be already be so hard...Projector will be even a bigger challenge as projector "amplify" the "flaws" 3 to 5 times more!

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 21:35 »
You are talking about 2 categories here - Projector and TV display.

For Projector, I used to say if possible, go for native 4K resolution for optimum PQ. However, this is no longer true (at least for me)...High Dynamic Range (HDR) as a result of Wide Color GAmut (WCG) will be the thing to go instead of getting native 4K resolution panel. The faux-4K projector in the likes of JVC e-Shift 4 onwards has had achieved outstanding PQ that can easily beat a true 4K projector like Sony any time. This is coming from an owner using a true native 4K projector when it first hit the market and also a JVC DiLA projector users past and present.

For TV category, the current fight is between the QLED (new) and the OLED (old but still gold standards for movie watching) TV at the moment. If you don't want burn-in on your panel over time using OLED screen, then go for QLED but don't be too happy yet as it has been reviewed and tested by some TV reviewers that Samsung's QLED although able to achieve near inky black levels akin to OLED brethrens, the color accuracy and the ETOF for HDR reading all off-the-charts (meaning go haywire) to truly represent what the "actual" colors representation and dynamic range of the PQ ought to be be at any given scene. Unless you nitpick on color and dynamic range accuracy, OLED will be the better option for better movie viewing experience. Just need to be "mindful" of the burn-in over time if you watch a lot of broadcast TV content with a static logo etc...

Speaking of the VW360ES HDMI bandwidth limitation, Doggie is correct in the sense that the HDMI output for the VW360ES is capable of transmitting and receiving 18Gbps bandwidth as long as it is has a HDMI 2.0/a input. The limitation comes in the way the firmware locked it at the max of 4K/60fps at a sub-sampling rate of YCbCr 4:2:0 at 8-bit color bit-depth which ultimately contributes to the banding issues that some users might experience. In short, higher bitrate of 10/12-bit will have no issue passing through VW360ES, the issue lies with the on-board processor's limitation to "degrade" the signal to 8-bit. This in my opinion IS THE WORST! Hence I would definitely recommend to go for the JVC X7900 instead.

Samsung QLED indeed over bright the HDR for better viewing in day light. But still HDTVtest still gives them highly recommended TV award after firmware 1103.
As for entry level Sony projector, the on-board processor's limitation which downgrade the signal to 8-bit will be a minus but instead look at other e-shift or DLP e-shift projectors are not processing a 4k native signal instead only 1080p or 2k, my guess is the reason more easy for them to process for 4:4:4 in 60hz.

PJ and TV as option just to have the choices within the 7-10k price range except Sony 85" which is slightly exceed.

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 12:40 »
I had been using VW360ES for a couple of weeks have no issue on colour banding and stuff overall i am happy with it....my projector were using power conditioner as well so image are sharp with details & great with black levels.....would wish to have a 760es though as is quite over my budget...that's even better but need to spent alot exceeding 30k....as mine i total spent more than $18,000+ on installation,motorized screen,Oppo 205 player and HDMI optic fibre 2.0 cables.....

Offline sypderman88

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 14:31 »
Bro,

Even VW760es black is not as good as JVC
https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-vpl-vw760es-vw885es-review.14808

But is very sharp due to very high quality lens. Actually for 4K video not much diff compared native with eshift but if you use for 4K gaming using high end PC, difference is very noticeable.

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 15:06 »
Bro,

But is very sharp due to very high quality lens. Actually for 4K video not much diff compared native with eshift but if you use for 4K gaming using high end PC, difference is very noticeable.

Actually i tried the epson 4k e-shift before....watching planet earth II in 4k but it doesn't look as great as VW260ES in term of sharp and details....That's why i brought a 360ES without demo a unit....I got PC running on 1080GTX but i don't think i will use it for gaming often as it will eat my lamp life very fast....screen does play some apart as well if you were using cheap screen expensive projector it doesn't does any justice to the projector....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 15:16 by Amon86 »

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 15:57 »
I had been using VW360ES for a couple of weeks have no issue on colour banding and stuff overall i am happy with it....my projector were using power conditioner as well so image are sharp with details & great with black levels.....would wish to have a 760es though as is quite over my budget...that's even better but need to spent alot exceeding 30k....as mine i total spent more than $18,000+ on installation,motorized screen,Oppo 205 player and HDMI optic fibre 2.0 cables.....

So how come you don't vote VW360ES? :p

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 15:59 »
Bro,

if gaming only with console? xbox one x or ps4 pro? will that be huge different too for 4k native and e-shift?

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 16:02 »
So how come you don't vote VW360ES? :p

Nah i don't wanna be bias just because i got it....and it doesn't make any difference even if i vote cause is no point....just believe on what you like when you go for demo and see it for yourself as long as you are happy good enough and go with it don't need to debate on this....

Offline sypderman88

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 17:16 »
Bros,

For 4k gaming,highend PC with high settings e.g. max texture etc will be noticeable as it can render very high details. It will be more clearly defined on PC  compared to a PS4pro on Sony projector
 For JVC it has the advantage very high contrast and brighter than Sony.
 Sony motion is better.
 For lens quality only the higher end Sony 760es is better.

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 17:54 »
Nah i don't wanna be bias just because i got it....and it doesn't make any difference even if i vote cause is no point....just believe on what you like when you go for demo and see it for yourself as long as you are happy good enough and go with it don't need to debate on this....

bro, just want to have fun together to hear everyone opinion, even a debate or discussion. if not this forum will be like dead town. more discussion more we can learn. vote is not a big deal but just an agenda here hope for everyone to participate. every vote also count. support a bit la.  :)

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 17:57 »
Bros,

For 4k gaming,highend PC with high settings e.g. max texture etc will be noticeable as it can render very high details. It will be more clearly defined on PC  compared to a PS4pro on Sony projector
 Sony motion is better.

i tot Sony always uses carl zeiss lens?  gosh.. why only high end model have. 

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2018, 18:39 »
bro, just want to have fun together to hear everyone opinion, even a debate or discussion. if not this forum will be like dead town. more discussion more we can learn. vote is not a big deal but just an agenda here hope for everyone to participate. every vote also count. support a bit la.  :)

Well is hard to debate about this as mostly here don't owned the following projectors as i tried to asked here before no one reply so i tried going there to test for myself even if have...the person who owned a JVC7900 would only say theirs the best....most here they will only take out tech spec to compare between them without trying themselves or taken ppl's opinion from other forums like AVS...you can only see it for yourself if you deciding to buy one unit from the following....as i wouldn't say my vw360es was the best....if you have the room space and black curtain in place then go for projectors if you want bigger than 85"....if you didn't have those in place...best bet is still tv cause you spent on that 85" tv the price is much more cheaper than a expensive projector with install and everything in place

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 20:09 »
I have owned the JVC X9500 and now the Sony 760ES.

Definitely black levels on FullHD stuff is better on the JVC. With HDR the elevated blacks, not as clear a winner.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 20:27 »
Actually i tried the epson 4k e-shift before....watching planet earth II in 4k but it doesn't look as great as VW260ES in term of sharp and details....That's why i brought a 360ES without demo a unit....I got PC running on 1080GTX but i don't think i will use it for gaming often as it will eat my lamp life very fast....screen does play some apart as well if you were using cheap screen expensive projector it doesn't does any justice to the projector....

I assume you referring to JVC. Epson is 3LCD using transmissive panel for the mid-tier.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 20:27 »
Bros,

Sony motion is better.

Agreed with all your observations. :)

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 20:47 »
I assume you referring to JVC. Epson is 3LCD using transmissive panel for the mid-tier.

Nope...I assume Epson also using same pixel shifting technology so it must be similar to this e-shift thingy the model i demo is Epson tw9300, as for JVC i had no comments as i didn't tried before i don't wanna assume....if asking me for tech spec wise Optoma UHZ65 is a good buy as lamp life is surely better among the 3 cause is laser....like 760es i don't have to worry about the dimming of lamp after long hours of usage......but to me if i had to choose between native 4k and enhanced 4k i will go for native
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 20:50 by Amon86 »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 20:53 »
Well is hard to debate about this as mostly here don't owned the following projectors as i tried to asked here before no one reply so i tried going there to test for myself even if have...the person who owned a JVC7900 would only say theirs the best....most here they will only take out tech spec to compare between them without trying themselves or taken ppl's opinion from other forums like AVS...you can only see it for yourself if you deciding to buy one unit from the following....as i wouldn't say my vw360es was the best....if you have the room space and black curtain in place then go for projectors if you want bigger than 85"....if you didn't have those in place...best bet is still tv cause you spent on that 85" tv the price is much more cheaper than a expensive projector with install and everything in place

Not true...take Doggie for instance, he is the most neutral fellow who owned both JVC and now Sony VW760ES that I have come across when it comes to giving his own 2 cents. To me, for those who defend their "own" product and choose not to see the "negative" side of it is shallow in his review. At present, each of the projection technology (usually don't change much - DLP, LCos, 3LCD, DiLA been the usual suspects) all have its fair share of pros and cons. Unfortunately there is NO SUCH thing as a perfect projector imo. Although I presently owned a JVC X7000B faux-4K projector, I don't see it perform better in certain aspects when compared to Sony's true native 4K projector, particularly in bright intra-scenes and animation.

I don't believe in every word that a reviewing website says about a particular brand and model of projectors. Sometimes when I do make references on certain review sites is because because I can relate to what the reviewer(s) is/are referring to on certain comments brought up in his review. But more importantly is also because I have experience with kind of projection technology I have experienced using myself. I have seen Sony's uber expensive VW5000ES (true native 4K panel with laser light source) during one of the demo sessions at Sound Decisions last year and I was totally blown away how punchy and "eye-hurting-ly bright" the laser light source was...but the crazy ass selling price is meant for the super rich and not for mainstream consumers like most of us. Black levels is a let-down for dark scenes as I have witnessed it first hand myself. It simply can't hold a candle with JVC DiLA projector "using UHP lamp as the light source" (not laser though). However when it comes to bright and colorful scenes, SONY simply takes your breath away!!! Simply stunning and the motion flow (best in the industry imo) is superb for true native 4K content. Period!

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 20:56 »
Nope...I assume Epson also using same pixel shifting technology so it must be similar to this e-shift thingy the model i demo is Epson tw9300, as for JVC i had no comments as i didn't tried before i don't wanna assume....if asking me for tech spec wise Optoma UHZ65 is a good buy as lamp life is surely better among the 3 cause is laser....like 760es i don't have to worry about the dimming of lamp after long hours of usage......but to me if i had to choose between native 4k and enhanced 4k i will go for native

Epson's e-shift implementation is different from JVC's e-shift even though it utilize the same "concept". You may want to do yourself a favor by taking a look at JVC projector for youself. :)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 21:01 »
I have owned the JVC X9500 and now the Sony 760ES.

Definitely black levels on FullHD stuff is better on the JVC. With HDR the elevated blacks, not as clear a winner.

Agreed and like I mentioned before, proper calibration tools and standards for HDR content is the biggest hurdle right now better PQ. We need good hardware to pair with the software...we need a good colorimeter and spectrum analyzer in the market to do a proper calibration job to take full advantage of HDR content.

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 21:08 »
Well i believe the person should see it for himself before deciding which one to go for than hearing other's opinion....cause after he brought he need to live with it for years so debate this is useless in the sense.... it's like asking a audiophile to compare speakers i may find A speaker better but another person might find B better but in the end all it's just come out to personal's taste or need.......anyways I choose 360ES so i gonna live with it...maybe next time i think of upgrade then will go test out others

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 21:16 »
Well i believe the person should see it for himself before deciding which one to go for than hearing other's opinion....cause after he brought he need to live with it for years so debate this is useless in the sense.... it's like asking a audiophile to compare speakers i may find A speaker better but another person might find B better but in the end all it's just come out to personal's taste or need.......anyways I choose 360ES so i gonna live with it...maybe next time i think of upgrade then will go test out others

Yep that's correct when it comes to projector purchase...seeing is believing. Furthermore, to realize the full potential of the projector itself, you need proper calibration...but that's another topic altogether. VW360Es is a good projector and I believe you will enjoy it :)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 21:21 »

I have goosebumps when I read these lines from a member...for years, I have been trying to tell members about this mindset and its warms my heart to hear from a member saying it for the first time :)

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 22:26 »

Yes, agree with you. It is better to see it ourself but most of them come to projector, not all model available in demo. Just like Samsung QLED even their chart in HDR is out but i really like the vibrant color in Samsung TV.  I seen Sony laser the 760 model which i really find it stunning and how realistic the color is but no dark scene is demo.

Yet after keep read here and there, i start to see the trend now is towards HDR. Projector will always weak in HDR as the low count of nit will never show case the potential of HDR like TV such as QLED that have 2000nit or LCD TV have 1000nit. But for TV over 85” we all know the crazy price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2018, 22:33 »
Yep that's correct when it comes to projector purchase...seeing is believing. Furthermore, to realize the full potential of the projector itself, you need proper calibration...but that's another topic altogether. VW360Es is a good projector and I believe you will enjoy it :)

Talk about calibration, after did 2 times of the calibration, i give up. Very tedious. Ha ha.

And lamp based need calibrate every 1000 hour. But read Sony can auto calibrate back the brightness which is good feature and sony stock color is also quite good from beginning. Thats why Sony still in my consideration list. Yet the 8 bit thing in 4k 60hz source and low lumen compare to Other is the one stop me now. Not sure if will be dim for HDR. After calibrated the lumen shd be drop to around 1250.

There other one also some review shown the color moire in Sony which also annoys me.

Offline sypderman88

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2018, 12:16 »
Hi,

Just to share I currently owned JVC X5900. Previously is Sony HW40es. PQ jump is huge. However to fully realize JVC contrast and black level you need a bat cave.
  Have looked into Sony 4K offerings but since my main application is movie and in a bat cave, the more competitively priced JVC is my preference. Btw only the 360es with the dynamic iris is a closer to JVC in black level.

Offline sypderman88

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2018, 12:50 »
Just to share from some1 who has actually used Sony 4k  and JVC shift :

"I m no jvc evangelist and in fact I believe I’m uniquely qualified to express my opinion more than most because I own both a jvc and a Sony projector hooked up, working side by side, and the reason I have two projector is due to the strengths and wrakenesses of each. No one should be trying to argue here that jvc doesnt have a massive benefit in contrast and blacks. No one should be trying to argue that Sony isn’t definitely sharper.

The 285es blacks were (unfortunately) quite poor which is why I paid a lot more money and traded my 1 month old 285es for a 675es. The contrast on the 675es was notably better but blacks are blacker on the jvc and whites are whiter on the jvc. Enough so that I re-bought another jvc and run it for movies/tv where you can’t really tell the benefit from 4K resolution. Indeed the difference between a 675es (and by extension all lower models) and a jvc was so severe that I spent $5k on a jvc to sit along side my Sony.

That doesn’t make me a jvc evangelist as I still own and use a Sony for gaming. The jvc just gets destroyed by the Sony 4K when it comes to games.

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 13:31 »
Actually 4k blurays like the Planet Earth II, Blue Planet II does show the power of 4K very clearly if you are using native than pixel shift....if you are watching those remaster to 4KDI content or 2K contents then you can't tell the differences

Blue Planet II capture by iphone

Concert bluray 1080p Upscaling to 4K by Oppo 205

Offline sypderman88

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2018, 16:38 »
Bro,

Have you seen JVC eshift 4 or eshift 5 PJ ? Go demo. Combined with the higher JVC contrasts and better lens it is quite sharp for video.  I have no problems with Planet II PQ compared to my Samsung SUHD 4K TV.

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 18:26 »
Bro,

Have you seen JVC eshift 4 or eshift 5 PJ ? Go demo. Combined with the higher JVC contrasts and better lens it is quite sharp for video.  I have no problems with Planet II PQ compared to my Samsung SUHD 4K TV.

Anyways bro...I am happy on my current one....maybe next time i thinking of upgrading might try but by the time maybe got 8k laser for sony liao cause for visual i seldom change so fast.....for audio side i always once 1-2 year might change something....my old 55" tv also 6 years liao haven't change that time brought $4899 that time premium model nowadays got oled,qled visual technology always changing cannot catch finish....but for speakers and stuff 6-8 years then got updates

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2018, 20:33 »
Actually 4k blurays like the Planet Earth II, Blue Planet II does show the power of 4K very clearly if you are using native than pixel shift....if you are watching those remaster to 4KDI content or 2K contents then you can't tell the differences

Blue Planet II capture by iphone

Concert bluray 1080p Upscaling to 4K by Oppo 205

The photo cant view in tapatalk

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2018, 20:35 »
Anyways bro...I am happy on my current one....maybe next time i thinking of upgrading might try but by the time maybe got 8k laser for sony liao cause for visual i seldom change so fast.....for audio side i always once 1-2 year might change something....my old 55" tv also 6 years liao haven't change that time brought $4899 that time premium model nowadays got oled,qled visual technology always changing cannot catch finish....but for speakers and stuff 6-8 years then got updates

Me too. Visual also dont chnage often. Speakers also dont change often.

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 20:37 »
Hi,

Just to share I currently owned JVC X5900. Previously is Sony HW40es. PQ jump is huge. However to fully realize JVC contrast and black level you need a bat cave.
  Have looked into Sony 4K offerings but since my main application is movie and in a bat cave, the more competitively priced JVC is my preference. Btw only the 360es with the dynamic iris is a closer to JVC in black level.

If no bat cave but with ALR screen?

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 21:59 »
The photo cant view in tapatalk

Shot using Four-third micro

Black level

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 22:58 »
Shot using Four-third micro

Black level

This is 4k concert?

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2018, 23:04 »
This is 4k concert?

No Bluray upscale to 4K from Oppo 205

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2018, 23:09 »
No Bluray upscale to 4K from Oppo 205

Still very nice

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2018, 23:16 »
Still very nice

Thanks here's another shot

Offline sypderman88

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 10:45 »
Wahh..the blacks not bad but it does not have the sharpness and microdetails of native 4K..look at the skins, clothes textures etc.. A very good video to use is the TV series , the Expanse. Get the 4k version for season 1 and season 2.
The level of 4k microdetails are insane and the best I have seen. It is really a showcase for 4K microdetails and being a sci-fi show in space, it is really how good yr projector handles shadow details and black level...the show is also not bad

Offline Amon86

• Snr Member
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 16:25 »
Wahh..the blacks not bad but it does not have the sharpness and microdetails of native 4K..look at the skins, clothes textures etc.. A very good video to use is the TV series , the Expanse. Get the 4k version for season 1 and season 2.
The level of 4k microdetails are insane and the best I have seen. It is really a showcase for 4K microdetails and being a sci-fi show in space, it is really how good yr projector handles shadow details and black level...the show is also not bad

As i say...the following images are bluray 1080p upscale to 4k surely it doesn't have those....as you can only see those on a 4K bluray with 4kDI but to me wasn't bad liao not trying to proof anything here....of course camera capture is not as nice as you see it real for yourself...i capture a scene on blue planet II with a iphone on a polar bear it's sux compare to a 4-third micro shot photo....i even got a DSLR as well anyways i don't wanna compare camera picture quality

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2018, 22:10 »

I watched expanse too. Good series.

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2019, 01:14 »
upgraded UHZ65 Vastly improved wide color gamut, up to 80% of BT2020 for dramatically vibrant images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWlksKFGUlI

and the video look like have better black too.