Author Topic: HDR10+ ...Hoh Day Rioaz!!!  (Read 3223 times)

Offline YANG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
HDR10+ ...Hoh Day Rioaz!!!
« on: June 26, 2018, 18:39 »
HDR10+ Technologies, LLC, is a development consortium founded by 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung. At the end of last week, it announced the start of the new licensing and logo certification program for HDR10+ technology. HDR10+ is the royalty-free, open standard dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR), which optimizes picture quality for 4K Ultra HD displays and should improve the viewing experience for all audiences.
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/hdr10-technology-now-widely-available.357869/#post-4625443

;D  Hoh Day Riaoz lah!!! No need to spend alot, or stick to specific brand TV liaoz!!!  ;D

Offline domho8

Re: HDR10+ ...Hoh Day Rioaz!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 18:42 »
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/hdr10-technology-now-widely-available.357869/#post-4625443

;D  Hoh Day Riaoz lah!!! No need to spend alot, or stick to specific brand TV liaoz!!!  ;D
Can buy Akira ah or hisense

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:02 »
If it gets "commonized", then it will be specs versus price matters liaoz... Many current market models without HDR10+ will be sold @ dump price...

Offline Audiolab

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 08:40 »
So for owners who have not jump on the bandwagon, it will be interesting to see how the "war" between Dolby Vision and HDR10+ will pan out.

The only problem is that for owners who need tv urgently, the 2018 new models are all launched. So unless HDR10+ can be software upgradable, may need to wait for 2019 models to see HDR10+ being incorporated.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 08:59 »
Just once I’d like a feature to be well thought out.

Like how would it work for projectors and not just TV
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 10:00 »
SG market sibeh small... even Malaysia gets the SONY x700 much faster than us.
So... even next year when we get to see HDR10+ gets integrated into new models from general makers, most likely will be around 3rd quarter of the year liaoz... Usually when there's something new, the big markets like U.S, Europe and China get it first. We're often get fed with unsalable models...

Offline Audiolab

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 13:59 »
HDR10+ already available now on current Samsung models. Only issue is whether software is there from movies. Guess its a firmware upgradable upgrade.

Offline badbad2000

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 15:41 »
Panasonic latest TV also HDR10+

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 21:03 »
Check out the Video Quality on the OLED TVs done by VisionPlus HDRX, even on YouTube its stunning..... Enjoy the details

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPk...CAnlQzSgNJq81w

*FINAL GRADING* *MULTIPLE EXPOSURE HDR GRADING*
*This Grading shows Higher Range than usual HDR video*
*Advanced Parametric Color Transform BT. 2020 PQ HDR*
*Dynamic HDR HDR10+ / Dolby Vision Tonemapping*

TIP for watching: For Samsung HDR TV Sets ( KU, KS, MU, NU and Q Lineups ) Use the Dynamic HDR Preset ( First one when in HDR mode ). This preset shows the entire color and gamma range properly for 4000+ nit HDR content.

*YouTube 2160p HDR10 Enabled Video*

********Explanation about the HDR Grading NITS and the PQ Format:********

There appear to be a lot of confusion about the HDR "nits". Some people confuse the term nits with the panel brightness/capabilities in regard to the HDR content. This is technically and certainly wrong.

The PQ HDR format works in an amplified gamma curve than the limited SDR 100 nit. PQ HDR works up to 10.000 instead.

Having this fact understood, the content grading should always be close to the standard maximum gamma range to be in it's full glory.

Studios UHD blu-rays are mostly 1000 nit and some are 4000. People still don't have 4000 nit panels but those higher nit grades just look better than the weaker 1000. Having this another fact understood, it means you don't need the panel capability to be 1000, 2000, 4000 or 10.000 to enjoy HDR content. The panel will just show what it can, but the HDR tonemap will always be higher quality when close to the max format spec ( 10.000 ).

When colorists grade up to 1000, doesn't mean is because most TV's can't show more than 1000, it means it's just easier to grade.

1000 nit HDR content mostly lacks proper midtones and highlight, due to being so low in the PQ gamma standard.

Let say you grade SDR content, what happens if you do it in 10 nits instead 100? The video will just look pretty weak, anywhere. Same concept for PQ HDR. 1000 nits will be dramatically weaker than 10.000, but it doesn't mean you can't watch it anywhere, both of grades.

This is the reason we always try to go further than what studios are doing, because it's the right way to do it.

We work hard to generate the tonemap able to show 6000 and up nit PQ Grade properly on any HDR TV of the market.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 22:21 »
Wow, the quality of the video from team tekno is stunning! The best so far, much better than the original disc, Super good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 10:45 »
Just got my hands on the HDR X version 6000nits , fuuuuu, stunning on the OLED !!

It brought out the best in the OLED C7, absolutely beautiful, full force BT2020 colour, peak luminance from the OLED C7, crystal clear stunning 4K details , fire burning in the background is so good... beautiful tone mapping, no eye fatigue at all, just beautiful , bright where it’s supposed to be whilst retaining the details

Even my original bluray is no where near this version .... source is damn good for this HDR X...

See the sample Bruce banner....

Normal

HDR X version aka dynamic HDR, HDR10+

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 12:03 »
Bro, are you using Optic HDMI cable?

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 12:46 »
Wow nice... Will give a good fight w DV

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 18:18 »
Hey guys,
who wanna compare, check this out, you can DL from here then compare yourself, especially beautiful on the OLED, those with HDR PJ will benefit too. I have ripped out both tracks so you can compare

The normal HDR Atmos - Ready Player one version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tRy3LyFjI_MqIYW7VRdtTtMLuMY7mJVi/view?usp=sharing

The Advance HDR X(aka HDR10+) 6000nits version - Ready Player One version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mQmWOZItx0wiKlf0vNnhAZSvCpW-8ki/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!!

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 18:20 »
Bro, are you using Optic HDMI cable?

Slight benefit with optic HDMI cable, FIBBR ones. I tested it and returned it. I didnt use it, not worth the price $ for me. But overall im just using a normal certified HDMI 2.0 cable. Good enough in my opinion, <$10 only from amazon, 0.5m

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 18:22 »
Wow nice... Will give a good fight w DV

bro, Dolby Vision no fight with this one........ Trust me.... Just play this on your OLED.....

Offline francis wu

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 18:35 »
Slight benefit with optic HDMI cable, FIBBR ones. I tested it and returned it. I didnt use it, not worth the price $ for me. But overall im just using a normal certified HDMI 2.0 cable. Good enough in my opinion, <$10 only from amazon, 0.5m

Well, if you on a short run and wants the best PQ on your display, buy the Palic Sapphire HDMI using silver strands, not cheap but seeing is believing.
You can practically see the tiny hairs on the back of her hand.....just awesome on the Oled screen :D

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 18:48 »
wow nice, how much is that 1m cable.... im waiting for 2.1 version, i believe in higher bandwidth capable HDMI cables.... Decent built quality.... Thanks for the Aiborg recommendation, im still using it till today, awesome cable... 5 years now.....

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 18:52 »
Quote from the guys at Tekno, brilliant Video Encoding material:

As any old member knows, we were in constant development on how to transfer SDR content ( or Blu-ray SDR ) to PQ ST 2084 Rec. 2020 HDR10 the same identical way as movie studios.
Nobody else in the planet can do it yet except of course the big studios colorists. There's only one possible way to do it right, so it takes a lot of time to figure this out.

With the recent P3 D65 setup we have found that studios prior to the main re-grade work use the Rec. 2020 &gt; BT. 2020 with just metadata set P3 mapping. This changes the output dramatically when in Davinci Resolve. We were always doing it thinking the mapping to P3 was inside Resolve, but it's not. When properly set,  the result is a really higher quality HDR stream in any term ( color accuracy and palette is one of the biggest changes ).

Our last RPO transfer shows this incorrectly. We discovered this with Rampage movie, where trying this proper color setup, both the UHD and our SDR&gt;HDR-X conversion was identical in any aspect when setting the HDR grading to 1000 nits ( same as UHD Disc of Rampage ). So, this means we finally have the way studios transfer to HDR the movies , from here we can just use lut nit transform to do 4000 nits to any movie or video in Rec. 709 SDR  ( and even more nits when most TV are capable of this, plus we can also use the BT. 2100 color making us future proof ).

We wanted to inform this as the current RPO is still in beta stage. Now that we have everything as always intended, we are proud to announce that our tracker will now read INTERNAL UHD DYNAMIC ADVANCED COLOR HDR10 TRANSFER to any release, among with the category changed to INTERNAL UHD VISIONPLUSHDR-X TRANSFERS. Rampage and any other movie coming next will feature a really higher quality video than anything you have seen before ( trust us on this ). Comparisons will be also posted on forum and main tekno site for any transfer we do from now on to fully showcase the final HDR-X grading IQ.

Thanks to all our members for the patience and support on our development. Happy days are coming!

Offline francis wu

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 19:01 »
wow nice, how much is that 1m cable.... im waiting for 2.1 version, i believe in higher bandwidth capable HDMI cables.... Decent built quality.... Thanks for the Aiborg recommendation, im still using it till today, awesome cable... 5 years now.....

Like I said, not cheap if you want the best but the price will drop and if you get it in Shenzhen it will be cheaper....(HK$)
1 M - 1800
1.5 M - 2250
 :)

Offline francis wu

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 09:17 »
Btw, the picture above is not a poster, it’s actually taken with my S8 at the Palic booth demoing their cables.  I was at awe looking at the clips they showed :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 19:30 by francis wu »

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 19:08 »
I did some test on hdmi cables, in my opinion, the differences are subtle. A good well built cable does make a difference, but the price is hard to justify. I find calibrating the screen brought out 40% improvement vs swapping out the hdmi cable.
Among all, I find the most significant upgrade is the power conditioner. I’m using the one sold by James , plixir elite 3000. This POwer conditioner brought up like 50-60 difference to the entire set up, including the picture quality. The entire equipment in the chain connected to this plixir benefited from clean power. Next was the power cord, then interconnect only marginal improvement, finally speaker cables. When there is proper grounding and extremely Low noise, even the pic quality is superb

Before adding the plixir power conditioner, I was using Bada. On that power conditioner, even changing the interconnect had significant impact

Moral of the story I have learnt, power feeding in to the home is absolutely crucial. If you get clean power feeding  in, all the equipment down the chain will benefit, greatly

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 22:55 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjiAgZzZcoA

Next need to get my hands on this movie, Avatar in HDR10+..... beautiful, visually stunning, No Horse Run!

Sevenz, this one damn good wei.... remember to bring your HD next round.... You will enjoy it on your OLED C7

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2018, 15:59 »
I have a whole lot of movies collection now on Tekno3D specially encoded files. Here is one sample from Transformers Revenge of the Fallen 2009 movie, i did the cut out for this 5min clip for demo, 20mins timestamp on the actual bluray.  Even the bass is so good with the seatons with tons of deep bass, and the Dynamics with micro details on the Oppo 205 is fabulous....

Play the original bluray, then play this file, then compare the quality... Drool..... HDRX done in 4000nits, ive never seen such high quality source before. The cars look like its just gone through polishing with glass coating....The space scene, details on soundwave taking over the satellite, the look on the earth, stars. Then watch Optimus Prime Transform, the micro details and colour on screen, Superb on the OLED. Even the "grainy" picture quality is not present like i used to watch on my original bluray. I gotta admit im kinda being dissuaded here to move on to Projector after watching all these Tekno3D quality source files...

The source is important, i believe HDMI 2.1 with 48g bandwidth will make a discernible impact.... Imagine this, if you have a very good OLED tv, but the source is from streaming, you wont enjoy the quality.. With ample bandwidth, feed that OLED with all the metadata.... It will shine....

Enjoy this short clip on a HDR capable OLED TV, PJ or other HDR capable display

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9rytoqhqfn77a1/Demo%20Transformers.2009.Revenge.of.the.Fallen.UHD.VISIONPLUSHDR-X.4000nit-TEKNO3D.mkv?dl=0

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 16:10 »
Any particular scene on Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom or Black Panther you wanna compare, let me know the timestamp on the UHD. I can trim that one out for test and demo purpose.

Super Duper good!🤤🤤🤤🤤

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 16:53 »
Where to get those HDRX movies
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline whitesox

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 17:00 »

Usually, the only problem will happen when using 4K PJ with a longer cable (> 8 m).... TV has internal amplification.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 18:02 »
Where to get those HDRX movies

Private trackers, Google tekno3d, it will bring you there....  damn awesome quality... u will enjoy

Offline ronildoq

HDR10+ ...Hoh Day Rioaz!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 20:37 »

Some very nice details on Optimus prime, can even see the turbine like blue lights on his shoulder, don’t remember seeing that type of details ....

Check out his ears on the right, there is also like 3 small holes, like a big earphone ... so good all the details, when pic quality matches the sound, bass, and on screen image, it is very immersive.

There is also another scene, when the all spark dropped in the kitchen and where one of the deception in the kitchen, actually farted, releasing , didn’t pick that up last time....

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 20:41 by ronildoq »

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!

Offline kaydee6

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2018, 12:26 »
What a mess.

It just looks more complicated that it really is - and it includes a lot of non mainstream brands

Pretty much all the mainstream brands will do:
HDR10 and HLG. HDR10 is used for media and HLG is used for broadcasts.

Some will add on Dolby Vision or HDR 10+, so basically 2 competing formats.

Technicolor is just a BS video mode that LG uses. If they wanted to be really pedantic, they could have included Panasonic's HCX or the new DTS/IMAX Enhanced format.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline Corona11

• Never take a Windtalker seriously.......
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2018, 05:47 »
It just looks more complicated that it really is - and it includes a lot of non mainstream brands

Pretty much all the mainstream brands will do:
HDR10 and HLG. HDR10 is used for media and HLG is used for broadcasts.

Some will add on Dolby Vision or HDR 10+, so basically 2 competing formats.

Technicolor is just a BS video mode that LG uses. If they wanted to be really pedantic, they could have included Panasonic's HCX or the new DTS/IMAX Enhanced format.
I always wonder why HDR is a "feature" why not just make it a defacto standard feature for 4k, no need to mention so many standards.

All I can see is that it is being used as a marketing tool for software and hardware and consumers get confused and need to upgrade all the time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2018, 07:30 »
HDR10 And HLG ARE de facto standards now but many 4K TVs were released before the UHD BD format was released.
End of Line - Derezzed