Author Topic: AnsuzSIN's GS Products Shoot-Out @ Sembawang 2018  (Read 4889 times)

Online domho8

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: (CANCELLED) AnsuzSIN's GS Products Shoot-Out @ Simei 2018
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 14:24 »
Weekend domho can go jiak durian together after shootout.
invite cscbb I know what to do with the durian husk.

Rest relax mai kan cheong

Offline Knight_Rider

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 15:31 »
invite cscbb I know what to do with the durian husk.

Balless creature no sound no sight.

Online BadEnglish

• Int 0x19
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 16:00 »
Update

I've received a PM from Paul stating that he is trying to arrange and will let us know by end of the day.

I'm so sorry that I can't host.  But if you insist to come for drink just drop by.

My apology again.
Trying very hard to reproduce the sound that mixing engineers heard in the studios at home with limited knowledge and resources.

Online domho8

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 17:08 »
Update

I've received a PM from Paul stating that he is trying to arrange and will let us know by end of the day.

I'm so sorry that I can't host.  But if you insist to come for drink just drop by.

My apology again.
Eh mai sorry. Be host not easy ah

Online BadEnglish

• Int 0x19
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 21:07 »
Update

Paul aka plkk has arranged shoot out at his place in Sambawang,  I was told,  this Saturday 16th June 2018, 2 pm to 5 pm, he just messaged me.  I was told he will update his setup info and the rest.

So day
16th June 2018

Time
2 to 5 pm

Venue
Paul's place at Sambawang.

Paul will update more later.

My apology again to let you guy down.  Sorry guys
Trying very hard to reproduce the sound that mixing engineers heard in the studios at home with limited knowledge and resources.

Offline plkk

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 16:05 »
Hey Guys,

sorry for the late reply.
I'll be glad to host this shoot out.

My system comprises of components bought from different places.
I don't side a certain brand or dealer, but in many cases i end up buying from dealers who are Hifi enthusiasts themselves and became good friends with them.
If the component works for me, I'm a happy listener.

Just like most of us here, I'm just a hobbyist and enjoys music.
Great opportunity to share opinions and learn from each other. We may or may not agree as we all have different views and preferences, that's fine.
I'm just as interested to find out the results of different lifters or cables other components you may want to bring along to try out.

So here's my setup:

Source: Amazon 1 Turntable
Arm: MORCH DP-6
Cartridge: EMT JSD 5
Phono: Whest Audio PS4.0 RDT SE

Speakers: Lawrence Audio Eagle Junior (from Taiwan)
Pre/Power Tube Amp made by Lawrence Audio (push/pull 65 watt)

Interconnect:
Studio connections Platinum
Studio connections Black Star

Speaker cable: telephone cable
yes I'm NOT kidding you. ;D
Do bring along your speaker cables if you want to know how telephone cable sounds on a system.
*Note: My speakers runs on bi-wiring.

Power:
Sound Application Distributor

Power cord:
Ansuz Diamond (from socket to distributor)
Plixir The Statement (power amp)
Dynamique Shadow (pre amp)
*I'm in the midst of tuning my set and sourcing for the right PC. Feel free to bring along your PC if you want to try out.

My source is mainly vinyl for now.
I do have a very old Marantz CD player modded by James like 20 years ago, but I'd rather not hook this up.

Date: 16th June (Saturday)
Time: 2 to 5pm
Venue: walking distance from Sembawang MRT

Micheal, could you help rename the title of this thread to
"AnsuzSIN's GS Products Shoot-Out @ Sembawang 2018"
I think it'll be easier to keep to the same thread than opening a new one.
Thanks!

Since it's a new date and venue, kindly confirm your attendance again on this thread.
My set is in the living room, should be able to accommodate 8 to 10.

I'm contactable @ nine438 3456
Hi-end audio is not about high technology.
It's about design and craftsmanship.
Things aren't expensive, Skill is expensive.

Online francishuang

Hi Paul, if you have session after 5pm do kindly let me know. Am working on sat too till 4plus pm.  :(
Shindo is Music

Offline plkk

Hi Paul, if you have session after 5pm do kindly let me know. Am working on sat too till 4plus pm.  :(
Hey Francis,

Sure, We can do a 5 to 8pm shoot out. Maybe go for dinner after that :)

Good white bee hoon or claypot rice in Sembawang

I haven't received any response so far though. Not sure who is coming.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi-end audio is not about high technology.
It's about design and craftsmanship.
Things aren't expensive, Skill is expensive.

Online francishuang

Sure! White bee hoon sounds great. Haha

Hey Francis,

Shindo is Music

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
So those tokok kings still hiding in cave?
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2,Philips S9700, Sony 47W804
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline pcking

• I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
If it’s still on, I would like to join. Thanks.

Hey Francis,

"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
Some people really耍嘴砲又不敢驗證事實(tokok king), people give chance AB blind test liao still can use thousands of reasons to prettify his excuses. Dun hide behind. Lets show with fact.
Where is the biggest pc hifi expert andrewC?
Where those ppl blow so big in another thread? Sound like expert sound like sifu, where are them now?
So those tokok kings still hiding in cave?

Friend, what is wrong with you? I don’t see anything wrong with not joining the shoot out at all,  it chould be many reasons why other brother not interested to participate , do you have to act so forceful? I really don’t understand  ::)

Edit....On 2nd thought , I guess you are the owner of the metal lifter? Well.... if you like your lifter, than good for you , why you need to force the whole world to agree with you?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:50 by joamonte »

Offline virtueblue

+1

I think lets be objective and not be personal. Everyone has own opinion and should not be forced to take on certain perspective. Everyone has the freedom of speech too, as long as its not personal attack, I think its fine to voice out.

Really missed such shootout. The last shootout I attended was at @francishuang place. Really missed those days. I also wish to attend this coming session if time permits but I think it may be hard for me.

Cheers everyone and enjoy the hobby!

Online BadEnglish

• Int 0x19

Edit....On 2nd thought , I guess you are the owner of the metal lifter? Well.... if you like your lifter, than good for you , why you need to force the whole world to agree with you?  ;D

You are absolutely right about one should not force others on what one's belief is.

Nonetheless,  as far as I know and to disappoint you,  he doesn't own any of GS products nor even know who is AnzurSIN.

His point is if one said that was not good but owner of the product called for shootout,  the one who claimed it's no good has either accept the challenge to prove one's claim or decline giving some excuses e.g got job.

Nothing is wrong claiming something is not good but should backed up with some proof if one has been challenged to one's claim.

PS hey CASH
this is my 555th post. Catching up with you , man. Soon I'll able too claim I'm an audiophile with this kind of speed of posting.
;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:24 by BadEnglish »

Offline AndrewC

You are absolutely right about one should not force others on what one's belief is.

Nonetheless,  as far as I know and to disappoint you,  he doesn't own any of GS products nor even know who is AnzurSIN.

His point is if one said that was not good but owner of the product called for shootout,  the one who claimed it's no good has either accept the challenge to prove one's claim or decline giving some excuses e.g got job.

Nothing is wrong claiming something is not good but should backed up with some proof if one has been challenged to one's claim.

This is an open forum for people to share ideas and their own experiences without obligation... People who don't believe concrete scientifically proven explanation of actual physical phenomenon can happily go test things for themselves and report what they hear subjectively (or objectively if they want to be taken seriously)...  but there's absolutely no reason anyone needs to babysit, or worse still, be obligated, to join those non-believers.

Just because someone states a technical/scientific explanation about something doesn't mean they haven't actually tried things for themselves IRL, on their own system.  Like it or not, my personal view is that investigating audio phenomenons on someone elses' system, or inviting someone else to do so on my system, is a complete waste of my time :)
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.