Author Topic: Escooter  (Read 24431 times)

Offline qflyer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Escooter
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2018, 11:40 »
Is there any device that can be installed to limit over charging? If so, this should be mandatory for all PMDs given the many reports of fires caused from such overcharging.

There are other factors that can cause this explosion such shoddy manufacturing, and  poor design . As I said this so called mp should not be make stupid statements just shut up.
Just stop buying dangerous prc products. Good luck to u.
How can someone like him to be mp?
This poor family will get no payment from insurance.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:55 by qflyer »

Offline qflyer

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2018, 14:55 »
https://mothership.sg/2018/08/family-trapped-condo-fire-e-bike/

If this is true sue your neighbour. Warning to all owners of escooter prepare to be sue.

Offline qflyer

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2018, 16:04 »
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/e-scooters-e-bikes-speed-limit-cyclists-helmets-panel-10647696
this very smart guy Assoc Prof Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim may have all the qualifications in the world only to come with these 2 points. helmet and 10km/hr. he lives and works in the ivory tower and doesnt know tat escooters have been exceeding the speed limits. this guy is out of touch and irrelevant. sounds familar.
how can these devices be sold here when they failed fire safety test?

Offline Boxerfan88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Life begins at 7000rpm
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2018, 07:38 »
They can come up with additional restrictions, no issue.

It’s all about enforcement. That’s where they fail big time.

In the good old days, when they come up with a new law, serious enforcement is put in place soon after law is passed, to drum in the law into people’s mind. Nowadays pass law then do a half past six job on enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi3+Kodi | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast

Offline Chowbotak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Eternal Hostility against Tyranny
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2018, 11:19 »
Has anything been done to ban the import of escooters from China? Or at least those that comes with low quality batteries that are prone to catching fire?
I buy hifi to suit my music, not buy music to suit my hifi.

Online jonchew38

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2018, 12:05 »
Has anything been done to ban the import of escooters from China? Or at least those that comes with low quality batteries that are prone to catching fire?
Just license the sale of escooters. Forbid those that do not pass safety marks. It is  such a simple thing step.

Offline qflyer

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2018, 20:31 »
This guy suggested speed limit 10km/h got to be a joke. I saw a few escooter whizzing around crowded orchard Road today. The worst that I saw was a prc girl inside suntec. this so called assoc professor, on the so called advisory panel his great big idea Is pure useless. You see qualifications doesn’t mean good leaders. Sounds familiar again. Insurance is a must. NO.

Total ban is in everyone interest.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 20:41 by qflyer »

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2018, 09:00 »
I don't see why they shouldn't just ban these damn things... these PMDs really serve no useful purpose, and contradicts the Govt's own "Get Healthy" policy anyway! People should walk more! ::)
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline Boxerfan88

• Life begins at 7000rpm
Escooter
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2018, 09:22 »
And I notice all this bullsh*t about car lite society.

How many of these cyclist/eBike/PMD users who own a car will give up their car? I can make a guess - none will give up their car!!

On the other hand, those who do not own a vehicle may purchase eBike/PMD.

Net net, more powered vehicle fighting for limited road/walkway space. This crunch causes the strain & tension we are now seeing.

Seriously, these highly paid mini-star cannot see this??

Keep yapping about car lite society. Ultimate bullsh*t.

Probably a “mediocre” minister can do a better job with shaping future transport policies.

The current road/walkway infrastructure was built to cater to current motor vehicles & pedestrians volume.

If they wanna continue to support PMD/eBikes adoption, while keeping car population @ 0 growth; then they need to build a network of PMD/eBike path nation wide to support these new type of powered vehicles. It’s going to be a major infrastructure spend spanning many years. Once they realise this, and knowing how money minded they are, it will dawn on them that these PMD/eBikes need to be licensed & pay some sort of tax to fund the new infrastructure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:36 by Boxerfan88 »
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |

Offline qflyer

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2018, 12:37 »
https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/videos/447301452441150/UzpfSTcwMTMwNjA3OTkwMTc5ODpWSzo0NDczMDE0NTI0NDExNTA/
now watch the vid. it makes a complete mockery of the new proposals and the entire so called Active Mobility Advisory Panel, they are dumb and dumber.
if airlines can ban batteries for fire risk, hdb and condo management should also ban escooters.
ban them for everyone's sake.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 12:39 by qflyer »

Offline qflyer

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2018, 09:54 »
more bad news
E-scooter rider taken to hospital after crash with lorry
https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/e-scooter-rider-taken-hospital-after-crash-lorry
charge this woman.

a few days ago
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/e-scooter-rider-jailed-for-knocking-into-woman
any lawyer to help the poor woman to sue this prc?

Offline qflyer

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2018, 13:55 »
https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/more-40-e-scooters-stored-yishun-flat

Prc running biz in hdb. Escooter and prc deserve to be banned.

Offline Boxerfan88

• Life begins at 7000rpm
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2018, 15:10 »
All we can do is bi*ch and complain.
Nothing will change until the day a PMD/eBike slam and hurt a pappy MP.
We all just have to suck thumb for now.

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2018, 17:06 »
All we can do is bi*ch and complain.
Nothing will change until the day a PMD/eBike slam and hurt a pappy MP.
We all just have to suck thumb for now.

Yup, absolutely right... until a MIW gets impacted somehow, complaints of the Citizenry will fall on deaf ears. 
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline qflyer

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2018, 08:14 »
pap farting 放屁
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/motorised-pmds-ecooters-must-meet-fire-safety-standards-by-2021-10701666
All motorised personal mobility devices (PMDs) must meet fire safety standards by 2021 to ensure public safety, Senior Minister of State for Transport Lam Pin Min said in Parliament on Monday
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/motorised-pmds-ecooters-must-meet-fire-safety-standards-by-2021-10701666
you got to be very worried now.  so much, for million $ mps.