Author Topic: Cable lifters  (Read 9448 times)

Offline AndrewC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Cable lifters
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2018, 14:44 »
What about aluminum?

It's non-ferrous/non-magnetic, but just like Titanium, it's paramagnetic, and actually suffers even worse from induced magnetic fields. Here's a stark demonstration (Hint: Lenz's Law :)).
Think twice before you straddle your cables on metalic objects ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/O9DaKP2PhL4&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/O9DaKP2PhL4&fs=1</a>
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline AnsuzSIN

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 15:17 »
Oh Jesus .... All components must use wooden case liao.

Offline AnsuzSIN

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 15:23 »
BTW, 100% of GS Cable Lifters buyers pay after using them.
And 100% bought after trail.

Just in case if I recalled wrongly .... please post to verify if you have tried and disliked and rejected The GS Cable Lifters.
I only sell my surplus.
This is not a shelf item. Experimental stage.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 15:29 by AnsuzSIN »

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 15:52 »
Oh Jesus .... All components must use wooden case liao.

Not sure what religion has to do with it... but component cases are designed so that all internal circuit paths and internal cables etc. are not be impacted by magnetic interferences, induced or otherwise (for respected brands at least).

However, laying heavy current carrying external cables (e.g. speaker cables) ontop of metallic objects is a different story altogether.

As for 100% of people buying your cable lifter product after listening to it; they happy, you happy, all good... don't need to worry about real science thats shared and discussed on the forum then. :)

You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline virtueblue

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 16:09 »
My personal observation and experience in this hobby is there is a fair share of science and non science in this hobby.

For e.g. power cords. A lot of us will question, the electrical cables used for running from the power station to our place is a cheap grade cable, then how will a good grade of power cord affect the system when it is only 2m when compared to the tens of km of cheap grade electric cable. I think a lot of us have tried and heard the effect of good grade power cords in their system and definitely this leaves us puzzled.

Coming back to cable lifters, no doubt there is science involved, I personally find @blue_starfish comments most constructive because he has tried and gave his feedback on what is the downside of the cable lifters.

The beauty about our hobby is anything can affect system, be it positive or negative and it is up to individual to tweak their system according to how they like. ;D

Offline mousike

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2018, 20:02 »
The beauty about our hobby is anything can affect system, be it positive or negative and it is up to individual to tweak their system according to how they like. ;D

That’s so true...particularly a very high definition system and that’s when every little things counts. This can sometimes drive us audiophiles nuts! that’s all good too, otherwise where is the fun.

I do like to suggest take things slow...There are so many tweaks out there and we do need some experimenting because what works for one may not be for another because of system synergy. I personally using Shunyata Dark Field and has work very well for many years.

Have fun experimenting...cheers!

Offline noahnoah

• Snr Member
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2018, 11:11 »

Do aldephi stores carry cable lifter?

Offline C130

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2018, 11:31 »
Do aldephi stores carry cable lifter?

maybe you want to check out 'Audio Basic' at 2nd floor; they have cable stands of brand 'Telos' and 'Acoustic Revive'.

Offline Saycheese78

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2018, 11:40 »
Very interesting post. Dun kill me, but all of you agree with one another. And i agree with you all.

1. One bro say titatium being a metal affect the sound.

2. Another say it works.

Of course lah, thats what the buyers buy it. Cos it affect the sound in a positive way.

Second topic. Long debate of km of power cable and why the final 2m matters. Let me answer that. All the cable manufacturers either shield their cable (thus add shunt capacitance in the process) or twist, (which add series inductance). All these shield and twist create a filtering mechanism.noise may be filter and music may also be filtered off, with later maginally affecting the tonality.

If you are lost, just know that despite all our view, try it and if like it, buy it.

Offline travelfotografer

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2018, 11:48 »
Why the final 2m matters? I read an online opinion that from the perspective of the component, this last 2 meters is actually the first 2 meters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

https://carousell.com/travelfotografer
https://carousell.com/bespoke.audioworks

SA 240TT-7 + Ansuz (Mainz D C A P + Mainz8 D8 & X-TC + Sparkz + Darkz) + ASI Static + GS footers + TAOC SCB-RS-HC
SBT > Digitalz D USB > PS Audio DSJ + M-DAC Premium Fusion > Signalz C XLR > Classe CA-2300 > Biwired Speakz A > B&W 802D2
Pulse X + Fiio X7ii > Senn HD-800SDR (Blue Dragon) & HD-6XX + AKG K7XX + Fostex TH-X00 + Noble Kaiser 10UA (Lune)
OPPO BDP-203 > Panasonic 65FZ950 > Denon AVR-1311 > BA SoundWare XS

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 12:27 »
Not sure what religion has to do with it... but component cases are designed so that all internal circuit paths and internal cables etc. are not be impacted by magnetic interferences, induced or otherwise (for respected brands at least).

However, laying heavy current carrying external cables (e.g. speaker cables) ontop of metallic objects is a different story altogether.

As for 100% of people buying your cable lifter product after listening to it; they happy, you happy, all good... don't need to worry about real science thats shared and discussed on the forum then. :)

Bro you are one of the best poster in XP, alway learn a lot from your post..... no wonder I alway prefer wood cable lifter the than metal one..

To add I think same as equipment footer, microphonic effect is one of the reasons why all this isolatior/coupler affecting sound too, all this sound changes can be explain in scientific way , but too bad , too many audiophile was brain washed by a lot of  pseudo-science marketing in audio industries... so just let it be.;D

Offline AnsuzSIN

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2018, 13:46 »
We do shoot out.
Against anything of any price, or against no lifters.
Your ears will tell you what's good or better.
Anybody interested. Mythbusters welcome.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 13:50 by AnsuzSIN »

Offline plkk

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2018, 13:55 »
Nice!
I don't mind hosting the shoot out at my place. We can try out different footers. I think will be beneficial for all :)
We do shoot out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi-end audio is not about high technology.
It's about design and craftsmanship.
Things aren't expensive, Skill is expensive.

BadEnglish

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2018, 14:10 »
We do shoot out.

If one's hearing has not been trained,  I.e. relying on microphone to calibrate , I doubt , the one can tell from without footer to 1k dollar footer

Offline andylovesaudio

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2018, 14:25 »
I am referring to all "tweaks" from any company...eg...cables, cable lifters, AC conditioning etc etc...why don't just allow 30 day home trial (even 3 day pun song) or money back guarantee.

Free like a bird...no pressure to buy. No following customer home to "help" set up or try to point out the differences. Too much manipulative pressure leh...unless dealer and customer are friends...then ok... it's fun. I remember the olde days when tipping was not discouraged. Waiter would leave your change on the table and just stand there. So shy so paiseh...of course give tip lah. Chey...like kena conned like that. Not quite the same thing...but something like that.

I noticed most companies in the west offer that now...even aftermarket fuses. Eg Synergistic Research...they offer that in the US...but when in Singapore...no such thing. Buy liao...if don't like or premature blow...kena a "Lu Lam Lu" type of deal.
Sorry for my kaypoh 2cts.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 14:40 by andylovesaudio »