Author Topic: Denon AVC-X8500H reviews and setup  (Read 52573 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Denon AVC-X8500H reviews and setup
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2020, 21:51 »
Hi. Like to seek some advice.

In my setup, all my sources are connected to Denon AVC8500 after which it connects to the JVC NX5.

I am thinking to connect either a small TV or a monitor to Monitor 2 of the 8500. Sometimes, i just need to check something quick on my ps4, xbox, uhd2000 etc, i feel is a bit wasteful to power on the NX5 just for that.

If I am to ensure only one of the 2 displays is powered on at any time, is it safe to assume the setup so be stable and will not get into HDMI resolutions or handshake issues?

Thanks
Yes you can...I’m doing that for many years now. And yes, as far as possible, try to get a 4K display (be it PC monitor or a 4K TV) when connecting to the HDMI Output 2 of your AVR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Audio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #481 on: May 20, 2020, 00:30 »
Hi. Like to seek some advice.

In my setup, all my sources are connected to Denon AVC8500 after which it connects to the JVC NX5.

I am thinking to connect either a small TV or a monitor to Monitor 2 of the 8500. Sometimes, i just need to check something quick on my ps4, xbox, uhd2000 etc, i feel is a bit wasteful to power on the NX5 just for that.

If I am to ensure only one of the 2 displays is powered on at any time, is it safe to assume the setup so be stable and will not get into HDMI resolutions or handshake issues?

Thanks

2 monitor outputs are active.  You can even use Zone 2 if you want.

Handshaking issues are dependent on what HDMI cables you use.  Any one HDMI cable is below par, you will get into trouble.

(Audio)

Offline wcseow

« Reply #482 on: May 20, 2020, 01:18 »
Yes you can...I’m doing that for many years now. And yes, as far as possible, try to get a 4K display (be it PC monitor or a 4K TV) when connecting to the HDMI Output 2 of your AVR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Oh ya, if i am remember correctly, you have another lower cost LED projector connected for "casual" shows.

Offline wcseow

« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2020, 01:23 »
2 monitor outputs are active.  You can even use Zone 2 if you want.

Handshaking issues are dependent on what HDMI cables you use.  Any one HDMI cable is below par, you will get into trouble.

(Audio)

Oh ya, i forgot about the Zone 2 HDMI. This should be independent right?....meaning both screens can be active and in their own resolutions if main and zone inputs are different.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #484 on: May 20, 2020, 07:10 »
Thanks. Oh ya, if i am remember correctly, you have another lower cost LED projector connected for "casual" shows.
Yes. That’s right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal