Author Topic: Dual MiniDSP DDRC-88A, UMIK-1 Dirac Live, Multi-Sub Optimiser,Atmos,Onkyo RZ5100  (Read 7447 times)

Offline keai

• Trade Count: (0)
https://youtu.be/McN2AygDMtQ

Thanks for sharing bro, though I got more confused after watching, but that's another channel I can learn, and look at things at a different angle.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Frankly speaking, all these EQ stuff only comes in when you don’t have a good room mode to begin with. If you follow proper speaker and subwoofers placement as faithfully as possible, there is really no need to do further EQ over and beyond what your own AVR calibration has done for you. No room is perfect, some simply have a nasty dip that cannot be resolved without moving the speakers/subwoofers or your MLP. Whenever you see a freq response with a few peaks, you can almost be certain that those will be taken care of either by an external EQ or the AVR calibration itself.  For bass, if you can, go for as many subwoofers as your room allows, it will be easier to achieve better and smoother bass response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online rayleh

Agreed with Desray but many of us don't have a dedicated HT room. Placement is also limited due to WAF and other factors. Another major consideration is room treatment and usually you can’t do much treatment in the living room. So I guess EQ is the only viable option left to optimize the system in this case.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 07:52 by rayleh »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Agreed with Desray but many of us don't have a dedicated HT room. Placement is also limited due to WAF and other factors. Another major consideration is room treatment and usually you can’t do much treatment in the living room. So I guess EQ is the only viable option left to optimize the system in this case.

That’s right.

Offline keai

Bro Desray, what you say makes sense in ideal state but we all live in realistic world which is far from perfect, particularly in singapore as far as HT is concerned. I doubt many forum bros are able to follow strictly the recommended speaker placement. Most of us have to compromise somewhere to get things work. Knowing we are not in optimal state, we can rely on softwares like REW to provide us useful features to understand the flaw of our setup, then room treatment, multiple subs and EQ can come in handy to improve the setup to our satisfaction. and learning is also an enjoyable journey, to make our hobby more exciting,

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Bro Desray, what you say makes sense in ideal state but we all live in realistic world which is far from perfect, particularly in singapore as far as HT is concerned. I doubt many forum bros are able to follow strictly the recommended speaker placement. Most of us have to compromise somewhere to get things work. Knowing we are not in optimal state, we can rely on softwares like REW to provide us useful features to understand the flaw of our setup, then room treatment, multiple subs and EQ can come in handy to improve the setup to our satisfaction. and learning is also an enjoyable journey, to make our hobby more exciting,

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes, you are simply echoing what rayleh said in his earlier post and I totally agreed with it.