Author Topic: Harman House Curve for Audyssey Multieq App  (Read 633 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Harman House Curve for Audyssey Multieq App
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 15:40 »

These are the locations of the subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing the placement. I guess there is really not much you can do here.

My advice is (whenever you have the opportunity) to say change your TV console in the “near future”...do think of getting a shorter width or better still get a bespoke shelf to house the AV gears (for better ventilation and IR reception) and replace it with a complete full LCR (bookshelf speakers with stands) to get better front stage. I have not much experience with in-wall speakers but I have heard it once at a colleague’s setup and I think it was the “weakest link” in his 5.1 setup. But then again, just like you...he is after a more “family-friendly” setup. If it is HT nirvana we are after, then most likely it ain’t gonna look “aesthetically-pleasing”...

Important thing is you like what you are hearing...Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 15:48 by desray »

Offline rayleh

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Harman House Curve for Audyssey Multieq App
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 16:05 »

Did some measurements and this configuration has the best FR. Will run Audyessy again when I have time.

I ran Audyessy with another configuration. You can see the FR is not the best.

I will have a dedicated HT room when my kids have grown up. As of now,  I have to keep a balance between my hobby and WAF. I can hear my system is getting better with REW, miniDsp, dual subs and Editor App. Next may get a Dirac Live-enabled AVR. Can't change the speakers yet but I am aware of the constraints of using in-wall speakers. I am also using in-ceiling speakers for surround.

BTW, i have 2 more in-wall front height speakers too. As for ventilation, I am using the AC Infinity USB Fans so the AVR never feels warm and I rarely listen to volume of more than -30db. There is also no door for the TV console so ventilation is actually more than sufficient.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 16:11 by rayleh »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Harman House Curve for Audyssey Multieq App
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 17:17 »

I will have a dedicated HT room when my kids have grown up. As of now,  I have to keep a balance between my hobby and WAF. I can hear my system is getting better with REW, miniDsp, dual subs and Editor App. Next may get a Dirac Live-enabled AVR. Can't change the speakers yet but I am aware of the constraints of using in-wall speakers. I am also using in-ceiling speakers for surround.

BTW, i have 2 more in-wall front height speakers too. As for ventilation, I am using the AC Infinity USB Fans so the AVR never feels warm and I rarely listen to volume of more than -30db. There is also no door for the TV console so ventilation is actually more than sufficient.

Glad to hear that. At -30db listening level, I thought it is quite conservative but I get it for a living room setup. Hopefully when u have a dedicated room, you can listen at least at -18db to get that cinematic effects.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 17:20 by desray »