Author Topic: Zappiti one 4k hdr media player  (Read 35701 times)

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
Re: Zappiti one 4k hdr media player
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2019, 22:55 »
I done nothing at my Synology NAS. Also I'm using Zappiti Explorer to browse and access my NAS. Ditto the same on how I access my desktop under same workgroup.

Offline Pismo Mac

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2019, 03:31 »
OK, thanks. Will order one from US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jigster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2019, 12:09 »
Yes, need to install the Zappiti Media Server

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2019, 14:56 »
Zappiti “server” runs on the actual player itself.

When you first power up the player and run Zappiti video, it runs the “server” software. You set the server software to look for movies and TV on your NAS. Zappiti video will automatically find and index your movies and create synopsis, meta data and movie posters.

Each time you power it on subsequently, it will reindex the NAS movies and get it organized.

Sometimes that’s a little slow. You may not find the shows you added to your NAS immediately. Running the reindexing usually fixes the problem.

The way to get around this is to run the server software on a PC or NAS which can monitor it continuously.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline bluepill193

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2019, 15:26 »
Can Netflix be installed on the Zappiti one 4k hdr?
Or can I plug chromecast ultra into the "hdmi in" on the one SE and get Netflix?
Trying to decide between the One and One SE...

Offline Pismo Mac

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2019, 20:26 »
DH, thanks for clarifying.

Offline htng

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2019, 12:41 »
Where is the best place to buy? Amazon selling at U$299

Zappiti one 4K

Offline jeffong

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2019, 13:43 »
More or less decided to get the Zappiti but trying to decide between the One 4k and the Mini.  Does the additional 8GB memory in the One 4K provide any noticeable benefit in overall playback quality?
HDR Rulez - Panny UB820 | Oppo UDP-203 | Zapitti One Mini | Apple TV 4K
Stewart Firehawk 92" | LG 65E6T | Panny 65VT30 | Benq 5700
Denon 8500 | Denon 7200WA | SVS PC-12+ | JL E110

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
Zappiti one 4k hdr media player
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2019, 13:58 »
Just go for One 4K since the EU website is providing free shipping, that’s no brainer compared to Mini 4K which still got to pay shipping fees. Plus VAT will be taken out too.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2019, 15:45 »
More or less decided to get the Zappiti but trying to decide between the One 4k and the Mini.  Does the additional 8GB memory in the One 4K provide any noticeable benefit in overall playback quality?

I've placed an order for the 4K Mini HDR from Amazon. I will receive mine from FedEx this coming Wed. Order was placed on Fri. Due to some screw-up with the payment, I've managed to get free shipping with a waive-off of the Priority shipping charge of $32.00 to appease me. Plus they also gave me a US$10 e-voucher courtesy from Amazon for my next purchase with them. Nice touch from a "trillion- dollar" company...always impressed with their customer service all these years.

Back to your query, the additional EMMC is not RAM module. It is referring to the capacity. For RAM, both Mini and the One sports the same amount of 2GB DDR4 RAM. Unless you are going to install additional third party software player like Kodi or its equivalent fork, it really makes no difference in terms of performance wise if all we do is playback from ext HDD or streaming. Most of the processing needs will fall squarely on the RTL1295 chipset which imo is very stable and good (coming from Zidoo X9S).

Agreed with Tikokape, One 4K HDR will be a better deal in this instance with free international shipping. :)

Offline jigster

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2019, 17:21 »
Been using Zappiti for a few years now with no issues... until now. 
Dunno why recently my movies keep dropping with an error message telling me to check the permissions setting on my NAS (Synology). After trying to play a few times it will start to play again.. sometimes happens a few time during a movie, sometimes once and sometimes none at all. Weird and frustrating. Not sure if its because of the Zappiti or something else... kindof think its something else but no idea what.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2019, 17:57 »
Been using Zappiti for a few years now with no issues... until now. 
Dunno why recently my movies keep dropping with an error message telling me to check the permissions setting on my NAS (Synology). After trying to play a few times it will start to play again.. sometimes happens a few time during a movie, sometimes once and sometimes none at all. Weird and frustrating. Not sure if its because of the Zappiti or something else... kindof think its something else but no idea what.

When did the problem all started since you mentioned that you have been using it w/o a hitch for the past few years? Which model is your Synology NAS and what is the DSM version?

Offline Pismo Mac

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2019, 19:43 »
There’s a pro model now

https://zappiti.com/zappiti-pro-4k-hdr.html

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2019, 19:47 »
There’s a pro model now

https://zappiti.com/zappiti-pro-4k-hdr.html

Yep...but it cost > $1K. And still using the RTL1295 chip. But I'm pretty sure that the components are top notch.

Offline Pismo Mac

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2019, 19:58 »
The remote looks different too.

Probably paying more for the power supply, dual HDMI and gold plated connectors.

Yep...but it cost > $1K. And still using the RTL1295 chip. But I'm pretty sure that the components are top notch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal