Author Topic: Mission Impossible Fallout  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Kopi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mission Impossible Fallout
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 17:55 »
watched it in Malacca in a Big Screen Atmos surround theatre. Fantastic movie..fast pace from start till finish. However I was least impress with the picture quality. Noisy. Not sure if you get the same over here. Is it because of the large format screen and it is not 4K?
Stewart Greyhawk 110" fix screen, Oppo BDP-203 BR player, Denon X4300H, Sony VM520ES Projector, Wilson Sasha II Speakers, Aerial Acoustic CC3B Center speaker, Esoteric UX-1 Limited SACD player, Audio Research Ref 6 Pre Amp, Stello DA220-MKII DAC, Jeff Rowland 201 Monoblock (centre channel), Jeff Rowland 312 Power Amp(L/R), Definitive 2xSuperCube 2 Subwoofer, VPI Scout TT, EAR 834P Phono stage, WireWorld Eclipse XLRs, Analysis PLus Oval 8 spk cables, NBS Signature and MIT Power cords

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 08:59 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3aloOiE3B1I&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3aloOiE3B1I&fs=1</a>

RT did an analysis of TC's running and concluded that the more he ran, the better his movies are (in the world according to RT of cos). It's a bit of a stretch but a fun article nonetheless.

This is their calculation of how far TC ran in his movies:
  • Mission: Impossible III – 3,212 feet
  • Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol – 3,066 feet
  • War of the Worlds – 1,752 feet
  • Minority Report – 1,562 feet
  • The Firm – 1,241 feet
  • Edge of Tomorrow – 1,065 feet
  • Jack Reacher: Never Go Back – 1,051 feet
  • The Mummy – 1,022 feet
  • Mission Impossible – Rogue Nation – 1,007 feet
  • Vanilla Sky – 832 feet

The full article: The More Tom Cruise Runs, The Better His Movies Are: A Tomatometer Deep Dive

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2018, 09:36 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_I4MOZ-3Ik&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-_I4MOZ-3Ik&fs=1</a>

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2018, 13:25 »
I thought I was imaging things when I realised that some scenes from the trailers/BTS did not make it to the final cut. The most obvious one was the Helicopter-Trailer scene (which I keep seeing from HD5 trailers). But it seems that there were more scenes that were deleted from the final cut.

Check this out:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOXrmnd4zYU&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dOXrmnd4zYU&fs=1</a>

An extended bathroom fight scene? Yes pls! Would we get an extended bluray cut? Did previous MI BD get the extended edition treatment?

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2018, 21:25 »
I have to say MI6 didn’t wow me as much on second viewing.

Perhaps because it felt almost like a rehash of MI4 which id just watched two nights ago as part of my attempt to reorientate myself to the storylines.

Still enjoyable to watch and that Atmos soundtrack sounds amazing at home.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2018, 21:34 »
I have to say MI6 didn’t wow me as much on second viewing.

Perhaps because it felt almost like a rehash of MI4 which id just watched two nights ago as part of my attempt to reorientate myself to the storylines.

Still enjoyable to watch and that Atmos soundtrack sounds amazing at home.

+1...after re-watching it for the second time.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2018, 07:58 »

His name is August!?? How have I watched this twice and still not known that!!
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2018, 13:34 »

His name is August!?? How have I watched this twice and still not known that!!

Yes...Agent Walker is the name. Nothing about August.

You know what I miss the most when this latest Mission Impossible instalment failed to show or should I say, hear...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2018, 14:42 »
?
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2018, 15:07 »
Not as good as the last 2 installments but action sequences coupled with good PQ and SQ make this a very watchable movie...pacy and entertaining :)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2018, 15:32 »
Some inconsistency with the PQ. In normal scenes, it was littered with film grain and soft but when shot in 4K IMAX, the PQ is day and night difference! And don't even make me start with the breathtaking scenic views of mountains and valleys...brilliant contrast and dynamic range. How I wish the whole movie is shot in true 4K native footage...it will be the BEST movie to showcase 4K and HDR.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 19:18 by desray »

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2018, 18:41 »
actually the most inconsistent one was Ghost Protocol.

The opening prison scene looked like it was shot on DVD. Noisy and macroblocking I’ve never seen before on BluRay and even the UHD was barely better.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2018, 19:17 »
actually the most inconsistent one was Ghost Protocol.

The opening prison scene looked like it was shot on DVD. Noisy and macroblocking I’ve never seen before on BluRay and even the UHD was barely better.

Yep...I really dunno what's the whole point of making some of the shots so spectacular *but* only for certain action sequence while for the rest of the movie, the director chose to allow sub-par PQ to pass through? I really don't get it and what's even more puzzling...Tom Cruise actually fine with it? Hmmm...

Offline BadEnglish

• Int 0x19
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2018, 19:21 »
Yep...I really dunno what's the whole point of making some of the shots so spectacular *but* only for certain action sequence while for the rest of the movie, the director chose to allow sub-par PQ to pass through? I really don't get it and what's even more puzzling...Tom Cruise actually fine with it? Hmmm...

The final decision is , if I'm not wrong,  lie with director of photography according to how the movie is shoot especially American.
Trying very hard to reproduce the music and sound that creative mixing-artists composed in the studios, at home with limited knowledge and resources.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2018, 19:25 »
The final decision is , if I'm not wrong,  lie with director of photography according to how the movie is shoot especially American.

While I can understand some kind of "creativity" freedom being allowed...but the inconsistency in this movie is too big to be ignored. I truly hope the 4K UHD version can do some justice to the entire movie PQ to be "less" glaring...meaning to be on a more "balanced" tone. It is like watching a 4K IMAX documentary while transitioning between 24fps film shot. TO say it is too distracting will be a gross understatement. :P