Author Topic: Creative Super X-Fi 3D Immersive Headset for movies/games - Pride of Singapore  (Read 23466 times)

Offline Angelo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Hi guys,

Collected mine yesterday and plug it into my Oneplus 5T while walking back from Creative building to the MRT station and listen all the way from JE to Yishun.

The Super XFi indeed brings the music from into your ears to somewhere infront of you and that is a different kind of experience and I like the presentation this way.

One thing though -- in the App, you can choose whichever headphone or inears they have listed there for a better listening experience but since my inears pair is not listed, the staff advised me to choose " Unknown Inears " in the list. I did play around and chose other inears listed and you can try and see which sound fits your better.

I also agreed with the previous comment that the Amp will consume some energy from your phone and the fact that it is plug into the Type C port there is no way you can use your power bank and charge the phone while playing with the Super Xfi ( maybe can try a Y kind of cable??) . For those who will be on the road whole day, you just have to watch it. I brought it up to the guy who is doing the demo and he agreed that this is something that needs to be work on ( external vendors supplying new cable maybe?)

Just sharing some thoughts....

Regards
Angelo

Offline shk

Collected today. Confirm can use with iOS if using the Lightning to USB camera cable with USB to USB-C cable. They are actually selling the "kit" for iOS there but ran out of the apple cable. Those collecting remember to show them you liked their app in google play store to collect a free ear phone.

Offline avo

Used the Sxfi for a few days. It's great for watching movies. The surround effect is exceptional. For music listening, I don't like it. Too much reverb, and slight time smearing.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Seems like the general consensus here with this product is good for movies more than music...Interesting.

Offline InnocentBlood

Seems like the general consensus here with this product is good for movies more than music...Interesting.

Yes that’s true. A lot of disgruntled users on HWZ forum found out about this the hard way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Yes that’s true. A lot of disgruntled users on HWZ forum found out about this the hard way

Perhaps good for gaming console and PC gaming as well.

Interesting in the sense that headphones usually falls into 2 categories. Audiophile trying to get the best and with this Product that has such a powerful audiophile grade DAC on bird and yet perform subpar for music listening. The other group is of course the gamers.

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
Just got mine yesterday. The group demo with the EMu Teaks - that was pretty awesome. With that demo, you know that the SXFi is quite a piece of technology.

So, spent a couple of hours trying out movies, music at home with my PC using the free Aurvana SE, Aurvana Trio in-ear phones and my old Sennheiser HD429s.

Like many others reviewed - the SXFi plays great for movies. The bass was exceptional. I can feel the deep bass rumbles from the movie Cold Skin. The bass was so powerful, I could literally feel the vibrations around my ears. And although the bass was so powerful, it was always in control without any distortions. Surround effects are good too.

Tried the Dolby Atmos helicopter demo - the sound of the helicopter flying around me was not that well defined. It didn't feel it was circling above and around me like my Atmos setup does. But in the group demo at Creative, surround sound was very good (with the tracks played). So maybe with better headphones like the Emu Teaks, it might perform this test well.

Music playback - again bass-wise, it is very good. Maybe I'm not used to it yet - but the vocals seemed to have lost focus. Some tracks OK, some not so good.

So, after a few hours of testing - for music - not that good. For movies - excellent for times when you want to enjoy movies with personal surround sound experience. But it won't replace my existing home theater Atmos AVR+speakers setup (yet). But considering it's $200, the SXFi is excellent for the money. I think I'll use it the most on my PC watching movies when I can't blast it loud (maybe late at night) on my usual home theater.

Edit (14 Oct): Just realised when I was testing the Helicopter demo track, I accidentally switch the Windows sound setting to Audio channels to Stereo instead of 7.1 Surround. Today I retried it with settings at 7.1, the surround sound of the helicopter is pretty good!! Impressive.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 20:27 by dbchoong »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Just got mine yesterday. The group demo with the EMu Teaks - that was pretty awesome. With that demo, you know that the SXFi is quite a piece of technology.

So, spent a couple of hours trying out movies, music at home with my PC using the free Aurvana SE, Aurvana Trio in-ear phones and my old Sennheiser HD429s.

Like many others reviewed - the SXFi plays great for movies. The bass was exceptional. I can feel the deep bass rumbles from the movie Cold Skin. The bass was so powerful, I could literally feel the vibrations around my ears. And although the bass was so powerful, it was always in control without any distortions. Surround effects are good too.

Tried the Dolby Atmos helicopter demo - the sound of the helicopter flying around me was not that well defined. It didn't feel it was circling above and around me like my Atmos setup does. But in the group demo at Creative, surround sound was very good (with the tracks played). So maybe with better headphones like the Emu Teaks, it might perform this test well.

Music playback - again bass-wise, it is very good. Maybe I'm not used to it yet - but the vocals seemed to have lost focus. Some tracks OK, some not so good.

So, after a few hours of testing - for music - not that good. For movies - excellent for times when you want to enjoy movies with personal surround sound experience. But it won't replace my existing home theater Atmos AVR+speakers setup (yet). But considering it's $200, the SXFi is excellent for the money. I think I'll use it the most on my PC watching movies when I can't blast it loud (maybe late at night) on my usual home theater.

I see...thanks for the summary and 100% agreed with you that for a $200 piece of gadget that can simulate multi-channel surround movie sound experience and did it rather "convincingly"...this is definitely a winner in my books. Well done Creative!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:32 by desray »

Offline avo

I watched Netflix's Haunting of Hill House with Sxfi on a  tablet. Even with a 2.0 audio playback, the various sound effects are quite convincing.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
Just collected and on the bus listening to my music files thru" the Sx-fi on, one word, lousy.  Must better when u turn it off.  Of course, YMMV.
Will test it when I m home on movie files.

Sexy8

Offline InnocentBlood

I watched Netflix's Haunting of Hill House with Sxfi on a  tablet. Even with a 2.0 audio playback, the various sound effects are quite convincing.

If you have the Netflix app on a Windows 10 computer, you will be able to experience the same title in 5.1

Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline FookLai

• survivng with bare system
Just collected and on the bus listening to my music files thru" the Sx-fi on, one word, lousy.  Must better when u turn it off.  Of course, YMMV.
Will test it when I m home on movie files.

Sexy8

Bro, after turning off the effect can it compare to your dragonfly?

Offline francis wu

Too short a time to compare but based on what I have heard , the Dragon Fly is slightly better...more cohesive and imaging is better.
With Sx-fi on, the sound is smeared, too airy, cohesiveness collapsed and imaging is poor...YMMV.

Sexy8
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 18:25 by francis wu »

Offline FookLai

• survivng with bare system
I was hoping it can be better with Dragonfly since it come with AKM choose, but too bad. I haven't collected mine yet, not sure can process refund or not.

Offline francis wu

Bro, if the HT sounds as good as the demo, then it will be worth the $200 investment. 
Have a go and maybe you will like the stereo without the sxfi on, dont forget audio is very subjective.  Listen to your ears not others.

Sexy8