Author Topic: Creative Super X-Fi 3D Immersive Headset for movies/games - Pride of Singapore  (Read 23510 times)

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
no one collected yet?

I collected mine today. Liked it so much that I ended up getting a 2nd one so that my boy could use it on his PS4 ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline avo

• Trade Count: (0)
What's your impression so far? :P

Offline Zerstorer

• Snr Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Once you have it configured with the sxfi app on your phone. You can use your phone without the sxfiamp dongle and substitute your favourite DAC/amp + headphones and still enjoy the processing for local content.

If you want it for streaming sources  such as tidal/Spotify then you need the dongle at all times.

I think most guys will enjoy the sxfi studio setting most.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
One more week to collection..

I wonder if this will work. Playing movies from PC with some media player with sound output to Super X-Fi.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 19:14 by dbchoong »

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
i never come across a laptop/netbook that comes with HDMI INPUT... so far.

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
The PC plays movie with HDMI output to TV. Sound via Super X-Fi. Can't see why not.

Offline FookLai

• survivng with bare system
I collected mine today. Liked it so much that I ended up getting a 2nd one so that my boy could use it on his PS4 ❤️

What do you like?

Stereo? Movies?

DAC or headphones?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
I still can't figure out how to use this gadget sensibly. If it can't be used with headphone or HDMI outputs from media players, bluray players or AVRs, it will remain a gimmick. Immersive surround sound should be paired with big screens.

Maybe I'm missing something here....
I can think of Android tablets or laptops with headphone jacks. Let's say u have a mkv file with 5.1 mix. Open up with a compatible player and then enjoy the surround sound as if playback from a dedicated 5.1 speaker setup.

I can see this more for gaming like PS 4 console.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Offline InnocentBlood

I wonder if this will work. Playing movies from PC with some media player with sound output to Super X-Fi.

What's your impression so far? :P

my initial impression - which was listening to the DTS 5.1 track of the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD - was positive ☺️👍🎧❤️

this little amp will be ideal for those of us who would like the surround sound experience in a room where it is not practical for us to install a proper 5.1 setup. if you already have a large screen TV with a soundbar and a subwoofer, it is worthwhile getting this little toy if you are able to hook up a computer to your TV's HDMI port. you can then use the computer's USB audio output to plug in this amp.

it was a worthwhile gamble for $200 I think ☺️
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline InnocentBlood

yes i can confirm this setup will work. on my macbook pro, i am using this cable adapter to hook up the USB-C output to my TV's HDMI port:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1K2AM/A/usb-c-digital-av-multiport-adapter?fnode=8b&fs=f%3Dusbc%26fh%3D4595%252B4891

Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline InnocentBlood

What do you like?

Stereo? Movies?

DAC or headphones?

I don't intend to listen to 2 channel music using this amp. I do intend to listen to movies and concert DVDs which feature a 5.1 track on this amp. to that end, i think this amp performs as advertised. i do believe this is the next best thing to a proper 5.1 speaker setup - especially in rooms where it is just not practical for you to install a physical 5.1 speaker setup. for $200, it's a pretty good "compromise".

the headphones that I am using this with is the E-MU teak which has very nice bass response. i was able to be swept away by the music that it didn't occur to me to scrutinise what was "missing" from the soundtrack. it was an overall enjoyable experience with no distractions.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
I don't intend to listen to 2 channel music using this amp. I do intend to listen to movies and concert DVDs which feature a 5.1 track on this amp. to that end, i think this amp performs as advertised. i do believe this is the next best thing to a proper 5.1 speaker setup - especially in rooms where it is just not practical for you to install a physical 5.1 speaker setup. for $200, it's a pretty good "compromise".

the headphones that I am using this with is the E-MU teak which has very nice bass response. i was able to be swept away by the music that it didn't occur to me to scrutinise what was "missing" from the soundtrack. it was an overall enjoyable experience with no distractions.

Glad you like it...

Offline InnocentBlood

Creative are quite confident that their latest toy will be a hit. So much so that when you go and collect, setup your profile and attend the demo, should you decide that you’re not impressed, you can ask for a refund

At least one guy on HWZ did that yesterday and lived to tell the tale

Another guy took it home and after a few hrs decided to sell it away - and he found an immediate buyer!

Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Creative are quite confident that their latest toy will be a hit. So much so that when you go and collect, setup your profile and attend the demo, should you decide that you’re not impressed, you can ask for a refund

At least one guy on HWZ did that yesterday and lived to tell the tale

Another guy took it home and after a few hrs decided to sell it away - and he found an immediate buyer!

I'm quite confident Creative have a gem here. The thing forward now is how they intend to market it to push volumes.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Offline FookLai

• survivng with bare system

I don't understand the part on why you don't want to use it with stereo. It come with an AKM DAC which I suppose should do a good job on decoding your music from Mac to your headphone too. I read that the DSP can be turned off too so probably for us who like the natural sound will turn it off when listen to stereo. Please give it a try and let us know your experience.

Btw, I remember I read that it come with a free head phone for those who pre order, did you get it? If yes, did you manage to try that as well?