Author Topic: Creative Super X-Fi 3D Immersive Headset for movies/games - Pride of Singapore  (Read 25476 times)

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
I thought I saw in some SXFI youtube in CES - they were showing the Dolby Atmos demo material.
See @6.30 min onwards.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAidEm9_JYM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mAidEm9_JYM&fs=1</a>

the setup in this video clip is what I am trying to duplicate in my home setup 😊 I'm hoping that they will reconstruct this demo @ Creative HQ so that I can see for myself how they are playing the source files and how the various cable connections are being made.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline avo

• Trade Count: (0)
According to their product guide:

"For Windows: By default, Windows will use it for stereo playback. For advanced users who wish to playback in multichannel audio, you have to go to the Control Panel / Sound / Manage Audio Devices. Click on “Super X-Fi AMP” Speakers, and click ‘Configure’, to set to 7.1 channels. You can also go into the "Properties" tab / Advanced, to change it to 24 bit 96KHz Studio Quality. "

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
So this device/technology only does 7.1 then?
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RtY9QIkRJxA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RtY9QIkRJxA&fs=1</a>
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline avo

So this device/technology only does 7.1 then?

They can do 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1.

Offline matix

Still thinking of how to use this thing... Does anyone has a Xiaomi Projector and can confirm if there is a USB audio out?  BTW,  my collection date on 16 Oct has been cancelled due to an event and they have allowed me to collect now on the 5th! 

Offline InnocentBlood

Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline mikeang88

• I'm a llama!
I ordered one the first minute it went online. But I still cannot figure out how to use this for HT instead of just PC or mobile.

Offline alamakazam

I ordered one the first minute it went online. But I still cannot figure out how to use this for HT instead of just PC or mobile.

confuse tactics by creative

they cant convince... so they confuse LOL

pretty sure it doesnt translate analog signal

it only accept usb , it needs windows or android

so for HT... your source will be your computer... it cant be your AVR anymore...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 21:28 by alamakazam »

Offline alamakazam

if it really good.... they can come out with their own headphone enabled AVR

creative... u hear me?

Offline jon_g9

it's stated that PS4 is compatible but i wonder how to connect. is there a optical-typeC adapter in the market?

Online dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
First review by CNET:D

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
I think we can request one of the members here who is working for Creative to allow for an open house or demo session for XP members to have a listen ourselves instead of relying on reviews. Sound very subjective.

I forget who is the member here. Care to reveal yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Knight_Rider

I think we can request one of the members here who is working for Creative to allow for an open house or demo session for XP members to have a listen ourselves instead of relying on reviews. Sound very subjective.

I forget who is the member here. Care to reveal yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great need to know if it works with all hardware. I think not all android phones can output through usb c.

Offline in1voice

• I'm a llama!
I still can't figure out how to use this gadget sensibly. If it can't be used with headphone or HDMI outputs from media players, bluray players or AVRs, it will remain a gimmick. Immersive surround sound should be paired with big screens.

Maybe I'm missing something here....