Author Topic: Creative Super X-Fi 3D Immersive Headset for movies/games - Pride of Singapore  (Read 23399 times)

Offline etnt

• Trade Count: (+1)

Offline Knight_Rider

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 3D Soundstage on Headphones, the "Creative" way
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2018, 16:48 »
LaiLaiLai!!! Place bets!!!
1yr later AhTiong's cheong version will flood the market boh?

No need 1 year. Now crowdfunding jin jia kin.

Offline james46

• Trade Count: (+13)
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2018, 17:12 »
He said it was his gift to humanity. Quite different from changing human history

Wa make himself into a saint. Big word indeed. I think you bro CBT have contributed more 😊😊😊

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2018, 19:07 »
LaiLaiLai!!! Place bets!!!
1yr later AhTiong's cheong version will flood the market boh?

Hahaha ;D… No need to bet, it’s guaranteed! Cheap knock-offs from the likes of Xiaomi, Huawei etc, won’t work as well, but they’ll flood the market anyway and the masses won’t know or won’t care about the difference.

I have to wonder though, if Creative themselves are “leveraging” on someone else’s IPR ;D
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2018, 20:13 »
SWH now reminds me of a old grass root leader i met in kopitiam. He claim that last time under Yeo NingHong period hes somekind of RC executive... Blablabla until hv dragon hv tiger... Simi nobody will disturb him la... Then when his unit water leak to unit below, tio complain gaogao... Kns... When some gets too old n klocky... Nvr though of backfire/consequences one...

100mil spent on RnD... Good luck la!

Offline Zerstorer

• Snr Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2018, 05:06 »
I have heard the superxfi demo and the results are pretty impressive. The placement of sound sources in a 360 degree soundstage is about as precise and tangible compared to the 8 speaker elac setup in their showroom. The only difference might be that the headphones lack abit of visceral impact compared to the subwoofer enhanced speaker setup.

This capability for just the price of a pair of headphones or amp is very attractive. I would certainly buy one when it's out.

Imagine a future when home theatre and music listening is not limited to any sweet spot.

What remains is just the final execution and time to market. Creative needs to get the product out to market before the Chinese companies jump in at a lower price point.

If they can quickly integrate this into their entire product lineup, it can definitely be a new revival for the company as this is a killer feature that extends the appeal of any headphone amp, dac, soundcard or portable media player.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2018, 17:19 »
for those of you who have actually tried the product, how was the dongle connected to the AVR/ Blu Ray player to demonstrate a movie soundtrack multi channel sound over the headphones?

Creative is definitely NOT selling this dongle just to be connected to your mobile phone so that you can "enhance" your music files from stereo to surround sound effect right? 
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline Zerstorer

• Snr Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2018, 08:39 »
It's designed to be dongle that accepts only a USB output for now. So I guess the initial target is just mobile users.

Imagine a surround processor/DAC using this technology that can connect to multiple headphones at once through bluetooth.:)

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline lwxian

• Ears are such wonderful gift to us!
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2018, 16:23 »
I am using Creative’s EMU Teak headphones... very high quality stuff. I highly recommend it to all. Try it when you get the chance.
Main System: Bryston BDP2 digital player, Bryston BDA3 DAC, Bryston 14B cubed amp, Audio Research Ref5 SE preamp, PMC MB2-XBD speakers, Softone Model 3 CD Player, MIT Matrix 28 speaker cables, Artisan Ultimate Silver interconnect cables.

Secondary System: Moon 180 Mind digital player, Bryston BDA1 DAC, Bryston 4B SST2 amp, Audio Research 17SE preamp, ATC SCM19 Speakers, Anticables Level3 Reference Speaker Cables, Artisan Ultimate Silver interconnect cables.

Offline Saycheese78

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2018, 10:06 »
https://www.nuraphone.com
This one look similar.

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2018, 14:59 »
I am using Creative’s EMU Teak headphones... very high quality stuff. I highly recommend it to all. Try it when you get the chance.

I've owned the EMU Teak before - I got the massdrop edition. These cans are quite good. I even got a chance to meet the designer @ Can Jam 2017. really nice guy :) I eventually had to sell them away when I upgraded to the Fostex TH900 mkII. for those of you who like that type of sound sig, you can't go wrong with EMU Teak.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline InnocentBlood

This is being released tomorrow:

https://sg.creative.com/sxfi-draw/

I hope HWZ does a comprehensive review.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
yay!!!

Offline jon_g9

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2018, 18:44 »
Just ordered for the fun of it. Need to attend a short tutorial and pick up from creative hq. Otherwise shipping will only commerce in a month's time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk