Author Topic: Creative Super X-Fi 3D Immersive Headset for movies/games - Pride of Singapore  (Read 25517 times)

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
Waiting eagerly for the Super X-Fi to be available. :D

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
Sounds like they are trying to do what the Smyth Realiser A16 is doing. But it looks like they might only have the 7.1 sorted where the A16 does more. Granted its cheap but you also might have to have it work only certain headphones.

Time will tell. My A16 will be coming soon...it will double as my Atmos/DTS processor too.

So who is copying who idea?

Offline Boxerfan88

• Life begins at 7000rpm
It’s just a fancy DSP; recall those TV virtual surround feature via stereo speakers.

On the other hand, if their implementation is ground breaking & solid; and one can hear sounds coming from top plane/middle plane via ; the intellectual property will be very valuable.
Creative could license it out and earn passive revenue.
Probably that’s causing investors to jump in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 22:39 by Boxerfan88 »
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi3+Kodi | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast

Offline ralfale

Need more reviewers to write on this to confirm if it's really that good!

Offline ralfale

Does the A16 maps the ears like creative?

Offline Knight_Rider

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yO0kmiUYJlY&amp;t=125s&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yO0kmiUYJlY&amp;t=125s&fs=1</a>

Offline Doggie Howser

Does the A16 maps the ears like creative?

The A8 (predecessor to A16) already did this many many many years ago
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline jelt2359

Sounds like they are trying to do what the Smyth Realiser A16 is doing. But it looks like they might only have the 7.1 sorted where the A16 does more. Granted its cheap but you also might have to have it work only certain headphones.

Time will tell. My A16 will be coming soon...it will double as my Atmos/DTS processor too.

When is your A16 coming?

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
i hope the A16 makes an appearance @ Can Jam next month. missed it last year because I was busy lusting over the Chord BluDave...
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline ralfale

The A8 (predecessor to A16) already did this many many many years ago

Hmm then i dont get the hype around this

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
An invitation was extended to me to attend a demo session before it hits the market...unfortunately, I'm working. Anyone here attended the session, pls share your experience.

Offline CASH

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
    • My Hi-Fi and H/T Set Up
i wish i was invited.... ;D
I LIKE EM, MEATY, THICK AND ROUND!!!!
Cash-96660233, Pasir Ris St 21, Blk 236, S(510236)
http://www.hraudio.net/library.php?user=11189

Offline ralfale

From an investment forum

Attended a demo of Super X-Fi at Creative HQ today and a presentation by Mr Sim himself thanks to an Analyst friend. Wow, they really have a solid product. You need to hear it for yourself to believe it, it's that incredible. Actual surround sound with only a pair of headphones. At the demo, the headphones was as good as an 8 speaker surround system.
It took Creative 20 years and US$100 million in R&D to achieve this holy grail of headphone manufacturers so it would not be easy for competitors to get into the boat. Even then after decades of competition in the tough tech market, Mr Sim has shrewdly decided to give away his technology away for free. It will be available as a free app which will be available from Q2 2018. Creative is targeting 50 million users in 2 years. However this app can only play downloaded songs on your device and would not work with streaming services like Sportify or Youtube. The app will be used to market SFXFi certified headphones. There is also a hardware dongle available from Q3 2018 for US$150 which you plugin between your device and the headphones. I like it that your own expensive headphones can still be used.
Yes, what TTI said is all true, it's untested at the market place and we don't know how profitable it will be but I think Mr. Sim's plan to give the technology away as a free app is brilliant as it would definitely go viral and make Creative a household name again to a whole new generation. As the Tech companies on Nasdaq has shown, you do not need to be profitable for your share price to soar. It's definitively a multi-bagger but you may want to wait for some pullback before you enter. DYODD.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
From an investment forum

Attended a demo of Super X-Fi at Creative HQ today and a presentation by Mr Sim himself thanks to an Analyst friend. Wow, they really have a solid product. You need to hear it for yourself to believe it, it's that incredible. Actual surround sound with only a pair of headphones. At the demo, the headphones was as good as an 8 speaker surround system.
It took Creative 20 years and US$100 million in R&D to achieve this holy grail of headphone manufacturers so it would not be easy for competitors to get into the boat. Even then after decades of competition in the tough tech market, Mr Sim has shrewdly decided to give away his technology away for free. It will be available as a free app which will be available from Q2 2018. Creative is targeting 50 million users in 2 years. However this app can only play downloaded songs on your device and would not work with streaming services like Sportify or Youtube. The app will be used to market SFXFi certified headphones. There is also a hardware dongle available from Q3 2018 for US$150 which you plugin between your device and the headphones. I like it that your own expensive headphones can still be used.
Yes, what TTI said is all true, it's untested at the market place and we don't know how profitable it will be but I think Mr. Sim's plan to give the technology away as a free app is brilliant as it would definitely go viral and make Creative a household name again to a whole new generation. As the Tech companies on Nasdaq has shown, you do not need to be profitable for your share price to soar. It's definitively a multi-bagger but you may want to wait for some pullback before you enter. DYODD.

Thanks for the extract of the comments by the dude that attended yesterday's session. I'll have to wait for the next invitation to experience myself. Their demo session timing really kind of odd...at 4.30pm during weekdays...Sigh!