Author Topic: Creative Super X-Fi 3D Immersive Headset for movies/games - Pride of Singapore  (Read 21682 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
For Can lovers out there...Watch out for this little dongle coming soon...to retail for around less than S$200!

"It is a combination of hardware and software, and years of research into room acoustics, human anthropometry, headphones, and how we listen to music. Creative says Super X-Fi is a “computationally intensive and algorithmically complex technology.”

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-listening-creatives-new-super-x-fi-headphone-holography-technology

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAidEm9_JYM&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mAidEm9_JYM&fs=1</a>

A demo session to the AVSForum staff and lastly CEO Sim Wong Woo's brief interview with Mark Henninger from AVSForum (jump to 15m34s in the clip)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 13:04 by desray »

Offline finclk

• Trade Count: (0)
This is really fantastic. I will definitely get one of these when it comes out

Offline Whazzup

• I'm a llama!
Waiting for this too. So far very quiet, not much news....

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • home theatre lover :D
wow. This will be useful for those who have babies at home! and can't play loud but still want to enjoy movie. 

So, i can just connect directly to my AVR and it will work? Does it need a separate headphone amp?

Did the articles say it is able to simulate ATMOS too?

Offline softhands

Always try to buy creative so tis is great

Offline matix

3D Soundstage on Headphones, the "Creative" way
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 15:33 »
Share prices of Creative has doubled upon release of this news.  Interesting...

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/creative-brings-3d-sound-to-headphones-after-us100m-rd

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Sounds like they are trying to do what the Smyth Realiser A16 is doing. But it looks like they might only have the 7.1 sorted where the A16 does more. Granted its cheap but you also might have to have it work only certain headphones.

Time will tell. My A16 will be coming soon...it will double as my Atmos/DTS processor too.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
Wow ... pls update back with some reviews if it's truly capable of producing the atmos surround effect. 

On a side note, creative share price more than doubled after the announcement. Seems like the industry has huge hope on this.

Offline AndrewC

Wonder if Creative’s tech infringes on Smyth Research’s IP...
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Merged the 2 topics discussing the same product.

Offline Knight_Rider

Dongle looks promising hmmm crowdfunding again. Dun got discount at IT show after 6 months or not?  ;D

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
Do you guys foresee this to be wildly successful like the old sound blaster?

Offline Knight_Rider

Do you guys foresee this to be wildly successful like the old sound blaster?

With BT 5.0 I and APTX-HD I am leaning towards  ASTELL & KERN XB10 and Bluewave. Wireless freedom.