Author Topic: Alternative for standard long-length HDMI cable - Fiber HDMI.  (Read 9918 times)

Offline StephenBishop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Alternative for standard long-length HDMI cable - Fiber HDMI.
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 12:16 »
Per Celerity "The bend radius is 5mm (0.2") which is approximately the diameter of a pencil"

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 12:44 »
Seems to work great for me! Do you have a link to the AVS forum where the issues are mentioned?

Starts from here
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000/2168905-sony-vpl-vw5000es-4k-laser-53.html#post46999353

This cable was a huge mistake. Right now, I'm using 8mt Ethereal MHX cable with Gigabit Accelerator and everything seems to be OK. While that small box is kinda expensive it has solved my connection and HDR problems.

I bought the same cable and it's a nightmare. Spare yourself the money and skip anything Celerity made.

It's the same cable as the MyCableMart version that Murat was referring to (this one is branded by the original manufacturer). The cable is thin, and in theory it's great but all I get is drop outs. My 40' Monoprice with RedMere on the other hand is rock solid.

Blackballed, 86'd them both.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline StephenBishop

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 15:36 »
Many thanks- did not check AVS today so missed these posts! I will continue to test. But as of now looks good for me.

Offline StephenBishop

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 09:47 »
Tested whole day Saturday.

Very stable and passing 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 8 bits and 4K 4:2:2 12 bits direct from source to display (not a single dropped frame or any other problem.

However, very unstable and unusable (frequent dropped frames)  when trying to pass 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 8 bits and 4K 4:2:2 12 bits when connected from the processor to the display.

Offline WIM

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2016, 09:55 »
Have you tested connecting UHD player --->AVR---> display using fiber HDMI all the way?

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 13:16 »
Tested whole day Saturday.

Very stable and passing 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 8 bits and 4K 4:2:2 12 bits direct from source to display (not a single dropped frame or any other problem.

However, very unstable and unusable (frequent dropped frames)  when trying to pass 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 8 bits and 4K 4:2:2 12 bits when connected from the processor to the display.

Could it be processor compatibility? Use a short good cable to rule out it is the cable
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline StephenBishop

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 16:42 »
Have you tested connecting UHD player --->AVR---> display using fiber HDMI all the way?

Could it be processor compatibility? Use a short good cable to rule out it is the cable

Source is a Panny UB900 and the pre-pro is the Marantz 8802A connected with a short HDMI cable which came with the Panny and is explicitly rated 18.0 gbps. Pre-pro to display is the Celerity fibre cable. This set up is very unstable and unusable with a lot of dropped frames. Not tried from source to pre-pro using fibre.

Source with video direct to the display using the Celerity cable and with  audio from source to the pre-pro is very stable.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 16:44 by StephenBishop »

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 16:47 »
Source is a Panny UB900 and the pre-pro is the Marantz 8802A connected with a short HDMI cable which came with the Panny and is explicitly rated 18.0 gbps. Pre-pro to display is the Celerity fibre cable. This set up is very unstable and unusable with a lot of dropped frames. Not tried from source to pre-pro using fibre.

Source with video direct to the display using the Celerity cable and with  audio from source to the pre-pro is very stable.

bummer. I so wanted it to work.

So MonoPrice might be the ticket.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline StephenBishop

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 08:47 »
Reviving an old thread for an update on my 2 year search for a stable 3 metre HDMI connection from my devices (Panny UB800, Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield TV Xbox One X and a 1080i SCV cable box) to my pre-processor (Marantz 8802A) and from there  15 metre 18.0 gbps HDMI connection to my Sony 4K projector 18.0 gbps HDMI input.

The 15 meter FIBBR UltraPro HDMI 2.0 18Gbps Cable is THE ONLY cable of that length which is working flawlessly for me and I have tried pretty much all of the main contenders which have surfaced as potential solutions over the last 2 years e.g.

1) Monoprice 50 ft DynamicView Active High Speed HDMI Cable
2) Ruipro 50 ft HDMI Fiber Cable
3) Monoprice 50 ft HIGH SPEED HDMI 18Gb Fiber Optic Cable SlimRun AV HDR Cable for HDMI Enabled Devices
4) Celerity 50 ft HIGH SPEED HDMI 18Gb Fiber Optic Cable

None of the 4 cables above fully worked for me. The Monoprice DynamicView was DOA, and the Celerity, Ruipro and Monoprice SlimRun AV HDR all worked when directly connected from my source devices to my Sony 4K projector but none of them worked fully (4K 60Hz 4:4:4 at 8 bits and 4K 60Hz 4:2:2 at 12 bits) when the source devices were connected to my pre-pro using 3 meter Monoprice Premium Certified High Speed cables and the pre-pro was connected to the projector using any one of the above 4 15 meter cables.

I installed the 15 meter FIBBR UltraPro HDMI 2.0 18Gbps Cable a couple of days ago and so far it has been working flawlessly with all my source devices when connected through the pre-pro to the projector. Fingers crossed- will continue to test for another week or so before installing in ceiling!

Should note though that the cable does not support ARC or Ethernet but these features are of zero importance to me.

Thought forumers would be interested in a long HDMI cable which provides a stable connection at 18.0 gbps.

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 09:38 »
Yes, I have switched to Fibbr Fiber HDMI too.  I have 3 lengths and these had been consistently stable, except for another audio issue I am currently investigating, not related to the cable I suspect.

Please note that I am no longer using celerity Technologies whhich I believe is not reliable and need USB power at both ends.

(Audio)

Offline rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Click below URL @Bass EQ for Filtered Movies!
    • Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 12:12 »
The china fiber optic HDMI

The plug stated "source" and "display" on different end.

Wow amazing fibre hdmi. So basically connect hdmi both end with the 2 usb adapters? Any limitation in length? Thks a lot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

100% HT Lover  2.35:1 150' CYRUS Phantom Grey MK II 4k/UHD
BenQ W2700 4K HDR DV*Arcana 18Gbps  Source: Oppo UDP-203 & Zidoo Z1000 PRO
Sunfire Cinema Grand 5 Channel l Denon AVR-X4400H Pre-out @7.2.4
Miller & Kreisel® S150 THX Ultra2 Monitor L\C\R ,K4BK Tripole Front Heights 
Dual Rythmik FV18s @miniDSP 2x4 HD\WI-DG *BEQ*

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 12:33 »
The Fibbr ones do not need USB power connection at both ends....I believe the circuitry is superior so that managed to use the HDMI power supply.

(Audio)

Offline itsptw

• Snr Member
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2018, 16:07 »
I bought 2 sets -75ft HDMI cable currently using 1 for sending signal from my receiver to my projector to watch movies.

Price about SGD 65 per piece and it work fine.
Will try attached the photo of the HDMI cable later.

Below are it main features..
Main Features:
• 1080p Resolution. Audio Return Channel 3D - 3D is the latest rage for both home theater and gaming.

• 4K - The 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 24 Hz.

• Deep Color - The Deep Color feature provides a minimum of 8-bits per color element (24-bits total), providing for a total of over 16 million color variations. x.v.Color - x.v.Color High Definition Audio - HDMI supports a full range of high definition audio types, including SA-CD, DVD-Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, and Dolby TrueHD.

Specifications:

• Our High Speed HDMI cables - with Ethernet have been designed to meet the performance standards. They are backward compatible to all previous versions.

• HDMI Ethernet Channel - The HDMI cable adds a data channel to the HDMI connection, enabling high-speed, bi-directional communication. Connected devices that include this feature can send and receive data via 100 Mb/sec Ethernet, making them instantly ready for any IP-based application.

• Audio Return Channel - The new specification adds an audio channel that will reduce the number of cables required to deliver audio "upstream" from a TV to an A/V receiver for processing and playback. In cases where a TV features an internal content source, such as a built-in tuner or DVD player, the Audio Return Channel allows the TV to send audio data upstream to the A/V receiver via the HDMI cable, eliminating the need for an extra cable.

• 3D Support - The version of the specification defines common 3D formats and resolutions for HDMI-enabled devices, enabling 3D gaming and other 3D video applications.

• 4K Resolution Support - The new specification enables HDMI devices to support extremely high HD resolutions, effectively four times the resolution of a 1080p device. Support for 4K allows the HDMI interface to transmit digital content at the same resolution as the state-of-the-art Digital Cinema systems used in many movie theaters.

• This Cable is Directional - Input end needs to be connected to input devices such as the cable box, PS3, X-Box, DVD / Blu-Ray Player etc. Output end needs to be connected to display devices such as HDTV, Projector etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal