Author Topic: No sound on Pioneer VSX-531 for movies with 2CH AAC soundtrack.  (Read 583 times)

Offline freezerz

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi, need help here. Recently changed to a Pioneer VSX-531 AV receiver and I'm having problem with some movies.

Played some downloaded MKV movies through my Android TV box. No problem with any DTS / DD5.1 soundtrack. But I noticed there is no sound from anything with a 2CH AAC. The front panel will display PCM whenever I played these files, but no sound output.

I'm not sure what is the problem or what I should do. Does this model don't support AAC soundtrack? I've checked and it says able to play AAC music files through the USB port. Doesn't this mean it can decode?

Kindly anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting? All helps appreciated.

Specs and PDF manual can be found here https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-531#manuals

Offline otomato

• Snr Member
Re: No sound on Pioneer VSX-531 for movies with 2CH AAC soundtrack.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 17:14 »
Am using android box too
Here is my way of connecting my devices.
Android box HDMI to TV.
TV digital optical output to to amp Digital IN ( TV )...
hope it works ...  ;D

Offline freezerz

Re: No sound on Pioneer VSX-531 for movies with 2CH AAC soundtrack.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 22:45 »
Thanks for the work-around. I've previously tried connecting directly to TV and there's sound from the TV.

If you then route the sound from the TV to the receiver, wouldn't that downmix all the 5.1 audio tracks to 2 channels?