Author Topic: Berlin Station  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
Berlin Station
« on: January 03, 2018, 22:58 »
We got into this pretty late - it is already in Season 2.

S1 was a bit of a slow burn initially but escalated pretty quickly. The premise sounds like it could have come from the news pages.. and I thought it was pretty good.

Then we started on S2 - and F**K! We were hooked from Episode 1. The characters were already well fleshed out from S1 so they could get straight into the story. Now at Ep6 of S2. Dammit only 3 more episodes to go
End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

Re: Berlin Station
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 23:53 »
I prefer season 1.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:43 »
I think Season 2 was much more contemporary and post Trump a very decidedly brilliant take on the new nationalistic sentiment across the world.

Possible spoilers.

s2 Episode 1 ending was just amazing.

I wasn’t a big fan of S2 last episode. It felt like they could have concluded it and had a new subject in S3. But it now feels like they are stretching the plot to S3.
End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 13:05 »
I think Season 2 was much more contemporary and post Trump a very decidedly brilliant take on the new nationalistic sentiment across the world.

Possible spoilers.

s2 Episode 1 ending was just amazing.

I wasn’t a big fan of S2 last episode. It felt like they could have concluded it and had a new subject in S3. But it now feels like they are stretching the plot to S3.

Are you referring to s2e3 or Xmas special?

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 13:25 »
S2 E9

End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 14:28 »
My apology,

I was confused this series with another one black mirror.

I still prefer season 1, although the show hinted who was real Thomas Shaw in early minutes of episode 1 of season 1, it able to hide under audiences noses, passed through to the end of season 1. A lot of people who watched both seasons still insit that Hector is Thomas Shaw.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 14:39 »
Eh.. how about a spoiler alert.

And for the record
Spoiler: show
Hector WAS Shaw. He just said the Shaw persona he created was dead - which is in a way how defeated the polygraph..

End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 15:01 »
Eh.. how about a spoiler alert.

And for the record
Hector WAS Shaw. He just said the Shaw persona he created was dead - which is in a way how defeated the polygraph..

Ha ha then I suggest you re-watch EP1 and E10 of season 1.
In the first episode , you could see Daniel was hiding some thumb drives on his mission in Panama.
In the last episode , after he was shot and lying in the pool of blood at 48mins I quote
"My name is Thomas Shaw, and this is my final message. From the start, I have tried to make the CIA accountable for its actions. I have not always succeeded......."

I told you so many people still think that Hector is Thomas Shaw although Hector had said "This is not how Thomas Shaw operate" while he was referring to murdering of courier .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 15:09 by BadEnglish »

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 00:16 »
DUDE SPOILER ALERTS, MAN!!??

And here's the thing
burying a USB stick does not a Shaw make

And the ending - easily explained. The voiceover was Daniel providing an alternate narrative to the public to explain what happened to Shaw and why he stopped - because the truth, that the Germans were using Shaw/Hector to discredit the CIA was not suitable for public consumption.

when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras
End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 00:25 »
DUDE SPOILER ALERTS, MAN!!??

And here's the thing
burying a USB stick does not a Shaw make

And the ending - easily explained. The voiceover was Daniel providing an alternate narrative to the public to explain what happened to Shaw and why he stopped - because the truth, that the Germans were using Shaw/Hector to discredit the CIA was not suitable for public consumption.

when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras

OK man explain Daniel's last message to me:
( Copied directly from subtitle )

My name is Thomas Shaw, and this is my final message. From the start, I have tried to make the Central Intelligence Agency
accountable for its actions.I have not always succeeded...But I have tried.And along the way...I ruined the lives of many people.Now I need to be accountable
for my own actions.The CIA's hunt for Thomas Shaw,through what it calls an "eyewash,"has resulted in too many deaths,too much destruction.To what end?They still don't know who I am,and they will never know.
All that's left of their deceit...are broken bodies and broken lives. It would be irresponsible It would make me no better
than they are.And so...goodbye.
Some will ask who Thomas Shaw was.
A man.
A woman.
A collective.
In Berlin, people on the street say,
"I am Shaw"...
men, women, children.
The fact is, we're all complicit.
We all know something is wrong.
We've known it for a long time.
But we do nothing.
Exposing wrongs is not
the same as righting them.
Governments are not moved by shame.
Actually changing things
with your own hands?
That's the hard part.
If Thomas Shaw represents change, then show me the change, and then I'll say that I was him. Until then...
we could be anybody.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 00:46 by BadEnglish »

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 06:54 »
The thumb drive was from an earlier mission. And the leaks happened even before Daniel got there.

And if you have been watching S2 and S3, who the leaker is or was is now a non event.

But what’s amazing was the latest episode. Damn. Was not expecting that twist.

Green Dacha is stellar. I tried not to watch the series till I had collected enough episodes.
End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 08:46 »
The thumb drive was from an earlier mission. And the leaks happened even before Daniel got there.

And if you have been watching S2 and S3, who the leaker is or was is now a non event.

But what’s amazing was the latest episode. Damn. Was not expecting that twist.

Green Dacha is stellar. I tried not to watch the series till I had collected enough episodes.

Haven't watched yet as waited for all episodes to be aired.

So if the leaker is no longer the event,  then what is it

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 09:34 »
I thought you watched S2? it was already a non event in S2. S3 had so many twists.. and so contemporary
End of Line - Derezzed

BadEnglish

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 10:01 »
I thought you watched S2? it was already a non event in S2. S3 had so many twists.. and so contemporary

Watched S2 quite long ago, I was expecting leaking to be back on this season.