Author Topic: Amazon stop free shipping to SG?  (Read 6576 times)

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
Re: Amazon stop free shipping to SG?
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 11:12 »
I've bought from Import CDs a few times, and yes the prices are very good.
Shipping price is also very reasonable, and they ship very fast.

They also have an eBay store, which you might want to check out too.
Sometimes the eBay store has stocks that their website doesn't have and vice versa.

Offline Chowbotak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Eternal Hostility against Tyranny
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 11:31 »
Depends on the title. Some slightly less and some slightly more than amazon. Shipping for my recent purchase of 5 LPs totalling 8 discs was US$14.90. The package reached my place in less than 3 days.
I buy hifi to suit my music, not buy music to suit my hifi.

Offline bluepill193

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 13:16 »
Checked out their sacds.  Those listed as imported from Hong Kong will be cheaper from hifi-cd.

Offline soundaudio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love HT
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 17:50 »
For CDs, vinyls and bluray, we can shift our purchasing to http://www.importcds.com

Shipping is cheap and delivery is super fast. Ordered on Tuesday night, the package was already in sg yesterday afternoon!
http://stores.ebay.com/getimportcds/

Offline liverpudian

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2018, 14:04 »
Made my 1st Amazon few days ago since they stopped free shipping to SG.
Strangely was only able to choose between Expedited or Priority shipping (no Standard avail) unless it was due to the items I purchased (though highly unlikely...only some 4K BDs for self & Precious Moments figurines for my wife...all sold by Amazon).
Also final shipping differs from the shipping rates found on their website (even when I calculated using different product categories and the respective Shipment & Per Item rates) but as it was less than the figure I arrived at, did not raise issue with Cust Svc of course ;D.
Anyone tried buying fr Amazon recently & noticed the same thing ie the shipping options avail?

Offline BozQ

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2018, 23:56 »
Ordered a couple of Funko toys from Amazon US, and I was only given Expedited or Priority shipping options. The infuriating thing is, Singapore Post dropped me an SMS telling me I missed the delivery, but the postman no show and no delivery advice anywhere. Damned pissed off.

I seriously want to stop shopping from Amazon US from now.

Offline bluepill193

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2018, 10:39 »
Singapore Post dropped me an SMS telling me I missed the delivery, but the postman no show and no delivery advice anywhere.
I have frequently encountered this too. Have to go post office to collect.  Usually when Amazon ships with Aramax, the local chain is by singpost.
Also often get notified of missed delivery, but actual parcel arrived the day after. Hate Aramax

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 12:05 »
I hate Aramax too.  Back when we were still enjoying the free shipping, there was once they claimed no one was present to receive the package, so it was delayed by a few days.  That was nonsense, my delivery address is the office, where there is always someone present to receive deliveries, even at lunchtime (which is precisely why I have stuff sent to the office). 
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline redryder

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2018, 11:49 »
Ordered a couple of Funko toys from Amazon US, and I was only given Expedited or Priority shipping options. The infuriating thing is, Singapore Post dropped me an SMS telling me I missed the delivery, but the postman no show and no delivery advice anywhere. Damned pissed off.

I seriously want to stop shopping from Amazon US from now.

Same thing I also got an SMS from singpost that I missed delivery, but someone was home all day and no postman came. No delivery advice left behind also. However, next day they automatically redelivered the item without me needing to call Singpost or collect from the post office.

Offline bluepill193

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2018, 12:07 »
Same thing I also got an SMS from singpost that I missed delivery, but someone was home all day and no postman came. No delivery advice left behind also. However, next day they automatically redelivered the item without me needing to call Singpost or collect from the post office.
Exactly what happened to me many times

Offline BozQ

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 01:55 »
I am going to cut down on purchases from Amazon US.

1. First, this ongoing dispute between Amazon US and Disney means they do not take in preorders for Disney Blu-rays, until too close to the release date, and then it's "sold out". And when you do managed to place an order, they will tell you they ran out of stock and will ship out one or two months later.

2. Months later, when it's just up for regular purchase, Amazon will lock it down for Amazon Prime members only. I have absolutely no desire to sign up for Prime membership when most of their other services are unusable to us here.

3. No free shipping. No standard shipping. And shipping to SG is just a disaster once it reaches our shores. For some reason, when it reaches here, it doesn't necessarily hand over to Singapore Post. Sometimes, it's handled by other couriers that you've never heard of.

Fortunately, 4K Blu-rays are region free. So I'm going to place more purchases from Amazon UK. They're slightly cheaper, and delivery always goes into my mailbox and not registered.

If I absolutely must purchase from Amazon US, I'll take advantage of the free domestic shipping with US$25 orders, and then ship it over to SG via ezbuy. It's $3.99/500g, but at least I don't have to deal with missed deliveries and Singapore Post.

Offline stereoman2

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 06:29 »
Exactly what happened to me many times

Really??? U actually received SMS from "Suckpost". All I have received is a card left at the doorstep after they left.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:32 by stereoman2 »