Author Topic: The last emperor DVD  (Read 2880 times)

Offline fuhyong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Keep Clear!
The last emperor DVD
« on: September 14, 2002, 21:31 »

I have always love this film, the 7 oscars it won not withstanding.

Just upset that it had received such a shaby treatment on DVD. Non anamorphic, no special stuff, not even a 'making-of'. The PQ is one of the worst I have ever seen on DVD.  >:(

I think it qualifies as one of the worse produced DVD ever. I think the studio people should be drag out of the "noon gate" and have their head chop off and then have their headless bodies torn to pieces by wild horses and the paraded through the city..... sorry got carried away.  ;D

Offline sebastiansong

• Global Moderator
  • Black Man's Kryptonite!!! (Undercover Brother)
Re:The last emperor DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 00:43 »

Just upset that it had received such a shaby treatment on DVD. Non anamorphic, no special stuff, not even a 'making-of'. The PQ is one of the worst I have ever seen on DVD.  >:(

I think it qualifies as one of the worse produced DVD ever. I think the studio people should be drag out of the "noon gate" and have their head chop off and then have their headless bodies torn to pieces by wild horses and the paraded through the city..... sorry got carried away.  ;D

Dear Fuhyong

do try to be understanding that The Last Emperor was one of the earlier DVD releases and standards back then are nothing compared to feature loaded and remastering of the present days... if I am not wrong, this title was a LD transfer (letterbox) and nothing was done to enhance the PQ.

anyway be patient and there might be an anniversary edition. If not, too bad... look at it this way, what then is the alternative? A VHS tape?
Visit my photo gallery

www.pbase.com/sebastiansong

"If we come upon innocence, beauty, caring, joy, or courage, even in lost places, are we not obliged to acknowledge them in defiance of ironists?" Robert Adams

Jerry

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2002, 00:44 »
I agree that the R1 version is a shame but there is also a Korean R3 version (2-disc set) which contains both the cinema version and the director's cut in widescreen format.
Specs:
Disk 1: Director's Uncut Version(218min);
Disk 2: Theatrical Version(163min); Interviews, Additional Footage, Interactive Menus, Theatrical Trailer, Production Notes, Cast and Crews.

Think this is the best version so far.

Offline fuhyong

• Keep Clear!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 22:16 »
is the korean version anamorphic?

Offline InnocentBlood

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2002, 22:36 »

do u have a widescreen TV ?
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Jerry

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2002, 22:44 »

Video Format: Widescreen 2.35:1 (Disk 1), Widescreen 2.35:1 (Anamorphic) (Disk 2)  

U can view the anamorphic version if u have a widescreen TV.

Offline kenjiro199x

Re: The last emperor DVD
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 01:20 »

Just upset that it had received such a shaby treatment on DVD. Non anamorphic, no special stuff, not even a 'making-of'. The PQ is one of the worst I have ever seen on DVD.  >:(

I think it qualifies as one of the worse produced DVD ever. I think the studio people should be drag out of the "noon gate" and have their head chop off and then have their headless bodies torn to pieces by wild horses and the paraded through the city..... sorry got carried away.  ;D

Me Too^^ Now can look Blue-ray Disc.