Author Topic: Dayton Audio CBT24 Speakers  (Read 468 times)

Offline honyewl

• Trade Count: (0)
Dayton Audio CBT24 Speakers
« on: November 04, 2017, 17:17 »
Dear Fellow Members,

Recently bought the Dayton Audio CBT24 speakers after reading its review in Sound & Vision.  Compared to my old Paradigm Phantom, they sound so much better, it’s hard to describe.  I usually do some light reading while listening to music - with CBT24, I find myself putting down whatever I was reading, and listen to the album all the way through!

Bought it from Part Express,  Shipping costs US$287.56.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 16:06 by honyewl »

Offline wechnivag

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: Dayton Audio CBT24 Speakers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 15:18 »
Wow, is this completely built, no assembly or finishing work required?

Any chance can visit for a listen? The technical premise of the CBT design is just brilliant.

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk

Offline honyewl

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 23:35 »
Hi wechnivag,

Yes, I bought them already assembled, just need to fix the base with the provided screws (and the 3M rubber pads, also provided).  Finishing is quite good.

Not so convenient for the time being to open up for Fellow Members to visit… sorry.

At US$1,495 (plus shipping and GST), it’s not small change but not prohibitively High End expensive.

With a less than idea acoustic environment of MLP right against the backwall, large coffee table (just could not convince my wife that it should be placed elsewhere…), etc. – I never gave much thought to upgrading my previous speakers, thinking that the room acoustic will prevail over whatever “better“ speakers I choose.

As you mentioned, the technical premise of CBT24 is just so damn intriguing – minimum floor bounce effects, minimum wall and ceiling reflections, wide even coverage, etc. that I took a gamble and bought them blind.

They do take some getting used to – at 5'tall, they dominate my living room.  And my wife thinks they look like something out of an Alien movie.

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+12)
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 23:48 »

They do take some getting used to – at 5'tall, they dominate my living room.  And my wife thinks they look like something out of an Alien movie.

lol, Alien! hahaha

IMO, they look awesome. Like a piece of art!

What's the centre speaker u are using bro

Actually i feel dayton has many good products at affordable prices (after getting a dayton sub amp from PE). VFM
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 23:51 by sevenz »

Offline honyewl

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 23:52 »
Hi sevenz,

It's KEF Q650C.  Would have gotten the HSU, but I missed your MO...

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+12)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 22:55 »
Oic. Enjoy your new speakers! Hehe

I think u could be the only one in sg who owns this. ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:50 by sevenz »