Author Topic: Zidoo Media Players Only  (Read 29471 times)

Offline chaozhoi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Zidoo Media Players Only
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2019, 06:24 »
Can you check whether the scrap source is using TMDB instead of Intelligent?

Alternatively you can load up the NFO files of that movie to parse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thanks. I shall try it the next time I fire up the HT. Cheers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline chaozhoi

« Reply #331 on: March 15, 2019, 00:10 »
So weird. Mine doesn't have the 'Preference' option in Home Theater app settings

Offline sigurros

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • "What we think, we become"
« Reply #332 on: March 15, 2019, 08:35 »
Have no issue on the Alpha titled be scrapped.

You on latest firmware?
Main Rig 7.2.4: BenQ TK800 / XY ALR Motorized Tab-Tensioned 92" / Denon X6200 / Sony X800 / KK 808 / Sony PS4 pro / HSU VTF 3 MK5 / KEF T205 with T101 wides / Orb Audio ceiling mounted Atmos

Offline chaozhoi

« Reply #333 on: March 15, 2019, 08:38 »
Have no issue on the Alpha titled be scrapped.

You on latest firmware?
According to the player's update status, yes.

Offline sigurros

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • "What we think, we become"
« Reply #334 on: March 15, 2019, 09:13 »
Is it 2.1.22 or as des link below 2.1.24?
Main Rig 7.2.4: BenQ TK800 / XY ALR Motorized Tab-Tensioned 92" / Denon X6200 / Sony X800 / KK 808 / Sony PS4 pro / HSU VTF 3 MK5 / KEF T205 with T101 wides / Orb Audio ceiling mounted Atmos

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • home theatre lover :D
Problem on WHITE LEVELS on Zidoo X9S
« Reply #335 on: March 29, 2019, 20:43 »
Fellow zidoo x9s users, heads up. Not sure if u have seen this issue on contrast/ white levels on your zidoo.

I realised something amiss some time ago when using the AVS HD709 patterns to set white levels on the Zidoo video source. Waited for fixes but so far none of it addressed this. 

My TV is LG OLED C7 TV.

Related settings on Zidoo:
HDMI RANGE - Limited
Color space - Auto

Problem statement - when I flash the contrast/ white levels pattern from the AVS HD709 disc on the zidoo source, the zidoo's white levels can max max show me only till bar 234, no matter what I tweak on the TV's contrast setting. See photo 1 below

By right it should be able to show more bars when i tune down the TV's contrast setting, like photo 2 below. Only happens to Zidoo. My Oppo player and Himedia media player able to show bars above than 234 when I lower the contrast on the TV.

Seems like the Zidoo player is affecting/crushing the whites?

Do u all experience a similar symptom for white levels on your Zidoo? If yes, maybe we should report this issue.

For convenience and checking, I've uploaded the white level/ contrast pattern below here for your use. Can I get some help if anyone sees the same problem on the white levels on your TV and Zidoo source, using USB HDD to plug into the Zidoo to play?
White level pattern - https://photos.app.goo.gl/6MP7TceH2dM7RFMg7

Thanks! :)

PHOTO 1 (pattern played thru Zidoo player) - contrast bars only showing till maximum till 234, no matter the contrast setting on TV.

PHOTO 2  (pattern played thru Oppo BD player) - contrast bars can show bars above 235 by tweaking TV's contrast setting

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 20:59 by sevenz »

Offline chaozhoi

« Reply #336 on: March 29, 2019, 21:28 »
Fellow zidoo x9s users, heads up. Not sure if u have seen this issue on contrast/ white levels on your zidoo.

I realised something amiss some time ago when using the AVS HD709 patterns to set white levels on the Zidoo video source. Waited for fixes but so far none of it addressed this. 

My TV is LG OLED C7 TV.

Related settings on Zidoo:
HDMI RANGE - Limited
Color space - Auto

Problem statement - when I flash the contrast/ white levels pattern from the AVS HD709 disc on the zidoo source, the zidoo's white levels can max max show me only till bar 234, no matter what I tweak on the TV's contrast setting. See photo 1 below

By right it should be able to show more bars when i tune down the TV's contrast setting, like photo 2 below. Only happens to Zidoo. My Oppo player and Himedia media player able to show bars above than 234 when I lower the contrast on the TV.

Seems like the Zidoo player is affecting/crushing the whites?

Do u all experience a similar symptom for white levels on your Zidoo? If yes, maybe we should report this issue.

For convenience and checking, I've uploaded the white level/ contrast pattern below here for your use. Can I get some help if anyone sees the same problem on the white levels on your TV and Zidoo source, using USB HDD to plug into the Zidoo to play?
White level pattern - https://photos.app.goo.gl/6MP7TceH2dM7RFMg7

Thanks! :)

PHOTO 1 (pattern played thru Zidoo player) - contrast bars only showing till maximum till 234, no matter the contrast setting on TV.

PHOTO 2  (pattern played thru Oppo BD player) - contrast bars can show bars above 235 by tweaking TV's contrast setting

Ya. I encountered same issue when I tried to calibrate. Gave up in the end and tot it was the source file I downloaded having the issue.

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #337 on: March 29, 2019, 22:52 »
i believe is a known issue for them till now.
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric, Fibaro Home Automation.

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2019, 23:23 »
I'm using the Z9s and do not have this issue.

Offline sevenz

« Reply #339 on: March 30, 2019, 00:14 »
Ya. I encountered same issue when I tried to calibrate. Gave up in the end and tot it was the source file I downloaded having the issue.

Thanks bro. Are u using the same AVS HD709 white level pattern too?

I did not see this on the Himedia. Himedia media player - i can see bars above 235

Offline sevenz

« Reply #340 on: March 30, 2019, 00:16 »
i believe is a known issue for them till now.

bro wilber, so you got the same too with the same white level pattern?

Do u know where/who we can report this to?  I tried posting on the Zidoo forum but the account wouldnt let me for some reason.

Offline chaozhoi

« Reply #341 on: March 30, 2019, 00:55 »
Thanks bro. Are u using the same AVS HD709 white level pattern too?

I did not see this on the Himedia. Himedia media player - i can see bars above 235
Yes. Downloaded from the internet.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #342 on: March 30, 2019, 06:59 »
I will try to see if there is indeed a white clipping issue here as described, hopefully later today IF I can find the AVS709 calibration disc first.

These days, most of my pattern testing has been focused on HDR mode rather than SDR BT709, hence I didn’t realise this “bug”?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #343 on: March 30, 2019, 10:32 »
I will always recommend members to get a copy of the Spears & Munsil for Rec709 SDR calibration.

Offline sevenz

« Reply #344 on: March 30, 2019, 11:16 »
I will always recommend members to get a copy of the Spears & Munsil for Rec709 SDR calibration.

Thanks bro. How's this one different from the AVS one ah... Are the patterns better for calibration?