Author Topic: Zidoo Media Players Only  (Read 17734 times)

Offline FookLai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • survivng with bare system
Re: Zidoo Media Player /w X9S review
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 13:11 »
Does Zidoo mentioned it will support UHD BD menu in future?

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 13:15 »
i've no say for this.. this have to ask zidoo personally..
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 16:00 »
Personally, I will not recommend members to get the Egreat A5/A10 due to the HDMI licensing issue it faced. Please consider the HiMedia or the Zidoo for peace of mind. :)

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 17:27 »
Personally I wud go for the Zidoo for the extra HDMI Input port!

Sent from the Sexy8 using Tapatalk

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 17:38 »
Personally I wud go for the Zidoo for the extra HDMI Input port!

Sent from the Sexy8 using Tapatalk

Hehe...either HiMedia or Zidoo should be good at this point.

Offline wsdavidcheah

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 17:45 »
Is Lazada a good place to buy this Zidoo X9s?

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

Offline Jagdpanzer

• HT & Audio
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 17:57 »
Zidoo is almost unheard of, unlike Popcorn, eGreat  and Himedia. Wonder if it is as reliable as Popcorn.

What will be consequences of eGreat if there is no HDMI licensing? The existing unit will still function as is it.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 18:02 by Jagdpanzer »

Offline virtueblue

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 18:55 »
Zidoo is almost unheard of, unlike Popcorn, eGreat  and Himedia. Wonder if it is as reliable as Popcorn.

What will be consequences of eGreat if there is no HDMI licensing? The existing unit will still function as is it.

Agreed. Very much would like to know this as well. If there is not much difference other than just licensing issue then I reckon more Bros would be interested in the Egreat.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 20:50 »

What I gathered so far is that it will not hinder developments of the media player itself but it will affect some countries which HDMI Org had a firm enforcement over the licensing part. Singapore market AFAIK, it is not affected else I will not be able to get it in the first place.

My concern lies with the future developments on HDMI troubleshooting if there is any kind of bug or updates been enforced along the way and how it may affect firmware fixes etc. Hopefully my concerns will be unfounded...Egreat doesn't seem to be bothered by it? But it does make the consumers rather uneasy though.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 20:56 »
Agreed. Very much would like to know this as well. If there is not much difference other than just licensing issue then I reckon more Bros would be interested in the Egreat.

Guys, my apologies, I might have gave everyone interested in Egreat media players a "big fright" :P...I will update the status after I receive an official response from Egreat. Meanwhile, for those who can wait, just bear with me a little longer till I get some clear answers and its implications if any. For those who need to get a media player badly, you won't g wrong with HiMedia, Zidoo or PopcornHour.

Offline Sunblock

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 09:25 »

In principle the HDMI.org ensures all HDMI products undergo defined compliance testing and unlicensed products are not to be sold because they can “damage”  the connecting device eg avr, hdmi switcher,  HDTV, etc.

So will it damage the hdmi port of your connecting equipment?

In short ... it is not a “genuine” hdmi because it is made outside the hdmi specification and the risk is yours to take as this single cable carries audio and video signals from the device to a HDTV or surround sound system.

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 09:59 »
In principle the HDMI.org ensures all HDMI products undergo defined compliance testing and unlicensed products are not to be sold because they can “damage”  the connecting device eg avr, hdmi switcher,  HDTV, etc.

So will it damage the hdmi port of your connecting equipment?

In short ... it is not a “genuine” hdmi because it is made outside the hdmi specification and the risk is yours to take as this single cable carries audio and video signals from the device to a HDTV or surround sound system.

now this sounds familiar, that's probably why there have been feedback that their avr/tv end hdmi port has been damaged...
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 18:31 »
now this sounds familiar, that's probably why there have been feedback that their avr/tv end hdmi port has been damaged...
Yes, agreed with Bro Sunblock. I will not recommend Egreat A10 to members here if this is indeed the case. Be safe than sorry. Features and functionalities of A10 exceeds my expectations and I'm very satisfied with it performance but risk damaging the AVR is totally unacceptable.

Once again, I urge members to consider getting either the Zidoo or the Himedia at this point.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Jagdpanzer

• HT & Audio
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 00:02 »
You can buy Zidoo and Himedia at Aliexpress which offers very good price on 11.11. Aliexpress provides no quibble 18 days warranty from sellers

Offline rockzilla

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Snr Member