Author Topic: Zidoo Media Players Only  (Read 162061 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Zidoo Media Players Only
« Reply #1380 on: September 14, 2020, 21:24 »
The movie in question is: Mulan 2020 2160p WEBRip DTS-HD MA 5.1 Dynamic HDR-U H.265-NOGROUP in mkv format (29.1Gb) HDR+10 and fyi, the Popcorn A500 has no issues.
Strange, last I recall I have no problem playback this webrip in 4K leh... Maybe let me try again. So what u r saying is playback pause and then return to menu, right?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Sunblock

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1381 on: September 14, 2020, 21:28 »
Can elaborate why PQ and colors will be poor? In what aspect? Colors becomes more muted?, loss of dynamics (white and black loses its brilliance and shine?) etc...

In short .. the colors are over saturated and no longer "natural" as compared without the LLDV enabled. Otherwise has to set the color parameters again at the player from the OLED perspective.

Offline Sunblock

« Reply #1382 on: September 14, 2020, 21:30 »
Strange, last I recall I have no problem playback this webrip in 4K leh... Maybe let me try again. So what u r saying is playback pause and then return to menu, right?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

It played the media title follow with a black screen and then return to the player home screen.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1383 on: September 14, 2020, 21:31 »
I am able to playback with no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1384 on: September 14, 2020, 21:33 »
I believe mine is a different ripper from yours.

Offline Sunblock

« Reply #1385 on: September 14, 2020, 21:46 »
I am able to playback with no issue.

Yours is  DD5.1 and getting the problem is 29GB in DTSHD-MA audio format

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1386 on: September 14, 2020, 22:22 »
Yours is  DD5.1 and getting the problem is 29GB in DTSHD-MA audio format

Ok...it is a different rip then.

Offline HDTV_noobie

« Reply #1387 on: September 14, 2020, 23:47 »
Because of Zidoo not being a Google Certified device (has to be Level 1 to stream HD contents from Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video, etc) you will encountered alert messages as and when for Apps which protect copyright contents using DRM (Digital Rights Management). The firmware “G” is to bypass this option so that it looks like a “certified” box.

Thanks for your suggestion.  Did this on initial setup already and it wasn't the problem.  Managed to track it to the USB thumb drive which I used to store the firmware.  Once I remove the USB thumb drive, the error code went away. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 23:54 by HDTV_noobie »

Offline HDTV_noobie

« Reply #1388 on: September 14, 2020, 23:51 »
I assume you installed the firmware with a "G" suffix? If so, did you follow the steps to register your GID? If no, you need to do it to overcome that error. I have Netflix app installed and I have neber encounter the issue you've described.

Thanks for your help.  Managed to track it to the USB thumb drive which I used to store the firmware.  Once I remove the USB thumb drive, the error code went away.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 23:55 by HDTV_noobie »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1389 on: September 15, 2020, 06:24 »
Thanks for your help.  Managed to track it to the USB thumb drive which I used to store the firmware.  Once I remove the USB thumb drive, the error code went away.
Interesting side effects with the thumb drive attached to the device causing this issue. Thks for sharing.

Offline Sunblock

« Reply #1390 on: September 15, 2020, 07:50 »

Thanks for sharing this discovery that a thumb drive was the cause of this “security” issue.

Offline Sunblock

« Reply #1391 on: September 15, 2020, 09:36 »
Is this thing worth your dollars?

For me the Z1000 Pro is, and of course, they do have the less expensive Z9X that doesn’t have an HDD drive bay. But if you already have an extra HDD laying around then suggest to opt for the Z1000 Pro instead. Otherwise the Z9X is a good choice too.

Forget to mention that Wired LAN Gigabit performance is great. High bit-rate UHD files had no issues, fast forward/rewind, and switching chapters are buffer-free even when during playback using NFS and SMB streaming from the Synology NAS.

Wireless performance was also good without any lag or buffering during streaming high bit-rate 1080p remux files only - not 4K ISO, BD or high bit-rate remux. Just make sure that your access point is equally capable. However, using wireless streaming is not advisable due to bandwidth, interference issues caused by everyday household items and structures such as walls, ceilings, and furniture which cause lag and buffering issues.

Overall the Z1000 Pro is another great media player from Zidoo. It’s more evolutionary rather than a revolutionary upgrade compared to others and is easy for existing owners to find a reason to upgrade to the latest bells and whistles other than the new BT, backlit remote - no more pointing direct to the device.

So in conclusion, since it does everything that I want it to do in one device despite having a few quirks here and there, which future firmware updates will fix, but for me, I can live with them. I’m sure there are some things that I’ve left out, and there are some other things I still need to re-test with future newer firmware and hopefully, this review will get the ball rolling on others contributing to making the Zidoo media players even better!

You may take note that all the tests were performed on a 77” LG OLED C9; 65” LG 65LA9700 for 3D and 60” Pioneer Kudo.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1392 on: September 15, 2020, 18:32 »
As always, thanks bro Sunblock for the tests conducted and appreciate the efforts to put into words.

Offline Boxerfan88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Life begins at 7000rpm
Zidoo Media Players Only
« Reply #1393 on: September 17, 2020, 22:23 »
!!! WARNING !!!
Do not plug in 2 USB drives simultaneously to Z9X. Power off / reboot / recovery image may brick it!!

Read this:
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/page-35
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:36 by Boxerfan88 »
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi4+LibreElec | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1394 on: September 18, 2020, 10:37 »
!!! WARNING !!!
Do not plug in 2 USB drives simultaneously to Z9X. Power off / reboot / recovery image may brick it!!

Read this:
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/page-35
Thks for the heads up. I believe my previous Z9S suffered the same fate when I did a factory firmware recovery with 2 external HDD attached during the updating process. This is the closest possible reason I can find to bricking my Z9S a while back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal