Author Topic: Zidoo Media Players Only  (Read 17426 times)

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
Zidoo Media Players Only
« on: October 23, 2017, 01:36 »
Hi all,

as you all know from Egreat A10 thread that I've just gotten hold of X9S media player for $150 through Lazada SG and yes, no warranty sadly. The X10 has same specs but it has housing for a 3.5" HDD and with premium aesthetic thus command double of X9S price which i don't find it justifying since it has not much difference from its previous model.

for my case, i gotten X9S because i do not need HDD as i'm using my own server to stream data over to the player. The X9S has extension cable of power and sata so you could connect to a HDD if you want to load your data over.

-4K UHD ISO - menu supported now

-BD ISO - the player has options for you to swap regions without sweat, it played Transformers - The Last Knight Atmos & Train To Busan DTS:X without issues with menu and bitstream correctly to my Marantz 8802A.

-Audio Song - Will Get Back. tested FLAC no problem. will test DSD, DFF later.

-Jukebox/Theatre - It scanned my server and retrieved artwork, pretty surprised it worked beautifully. I was a little worry it won't work as it is on my server instead of HDD. If you don't fancy artwork, just head to explorer and go to your source, set arrange by date, name and etc in ascending or descending order, viola. It makes your search for your movies very easy.

the pictures below shall say it all.........

the package of X9S.

this is the menu you'd see when you boot up.

firmware page, came with latest firmware.

nice weather app.

you can set the deep space mode, color space mode and hdmi range mode.

23.97 auto mode for BD & UHD.

it came with andriod 6.0.1 at least! look out for andriod nougat/7 in future.

lazy to use remote control? no problem, use your andriod phone to control the player.

testing UHD BD The Smurf 2 iso

testing BD transformers the last knight

atmos lit up! (sorry for the poor image)

it has a nice information viewer of the file that you're playing and it shows all the data of the video/audio.

explorer mode without artwork. fast and efficient.

preparation of artwork, score, data of your movies in fancy layout.

Posters up.

For $150, you can't argue more  ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:38 by Wilber »
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric.

Offline Wilber

Re: Zidoo Media Player
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:37 »
i believe zidoo fans are eagerly waiting for UHD BD Menu too right?!?
yes, it worked.

1) update your firmware to the latest version -> 2.0.15 (http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X9S/OTA/OTA-ZIDOO_X9S-v2.0.15-201803082053.zip)
the update firmware will be in zip format.
copy into your usb thumbdrive (ntfs/fat32)
go to update
select local update
select the 2.0.15 update zip
it will copy to the flash.

2) You will see andriod upgrading *Yeah*

3) with added function you can disable HDR if you don't like.

4) lastly is what most of you wanted! UHD BD Menu!
you could choose to play video directly or select play menu (previously if you were to press menu, it would play video directly)
don't have to do complicated steps installation to get the menu, i guess is well done for zidoo team.

5) wondering is there atmos/dts:x along with it? you bet.

6) revamped subtitle setting

Music Player 2.0
huge improvement from their previous version, it has more professional interface now and still have room for improvement such as getting DSD to play. (x10 supports SACD iso playback, hopefully x9s would come 1 day this feature)

Playing Flac 96khz/24bit

Playing DSF resulted error
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 22:38 by Wilber »
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Zidoo Media Player /w X9S review
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 06:49 »
Great effort! Jealous to see that Zidoo comes with Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow while my A-10 still stuck at Lollipop! :(
Android 6.0 allows playback of 4K content from Netflix and Youtube as well.

Looking forward to your reivew on this Zidoo. By the way, another media player that sports the same specs and features is the Himedia Q5/Q10 Pro 4K. IIRC bro Sunblock has this. Will certainly like to hear his comments and personal experience with it as well.

Offline libratiger

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 17:22 »
I think the site below reviews everything well. Zidoo, HiMedia etc.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 17:58 »

Offline Sunblock

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 17:24 »
Great effort! Jealous to see that Zidoo comes with Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow while my A-10 still stuck at Lollipop! :(
Android 6.0 allows playback of 4K content from Netflix and Youtube as well.

Looking forward to your reivew on this Zidoo. By the way, another media player that sports the same specs and features is the Himedia Q5/Q10 Pro 4K. IIRC bro Sunblock has this. Will certainly like to hear his comments and personal experience with it as well.

Finally almost done with the testing for the Himedia Q5 Pro 550 Yuan and this box (Chinese version) made me poorer by 550 Yuan but it value for the dollar.

Stay tuned

Offline Wilber

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 17:32 »
I think the site below reviews everything well. Zidoo, HiMedia etc.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

the post is good but the review was dated 2 years back.. kinda irrelevant by now.. bugs that exist might have ironed out and improved. just my 2 cents.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 21:31 »
Finally almost done with the testing for the Himedia Q5 Pro 550 Yuan and this box (Chinese version) made me poorer by 550 Yuan but it value for the dollar.

Stay tuned

Looking forward for your Himedia review...

Offline libratiger

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 09:51 »
the post is good but the review was dated 2 years back.. kinda irrelevant by now.. bugs that exist might have ironed out and improved. just my 2 cents.

I think you saw the thread start date.  Clicking on the links and reading will show regular updates. Zidoo (Sep 2017, Himedia Oct '16).  I personally owned a Himedia Q5 before.  It suffered from overheat issues and died on me after 1 year plus, so I am not so keen to go back to HiMedia.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291943
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265888

Throwing in another contender:  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322774

Offline finclk

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 10:00 »
Which are the comparable top end 4k media players that we can consider for now in a similar category?

Egreat A10/A5
Zidoo X9S/X10
Himedia Q10 Pro
Nvidia Shield Pro

Anything else?

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 13:15 »
Zappiti One 4K HDR...

http://zappiti.com/zappiti-one-4k-hdr.html

Sent from the Sexy8 using Tapatalk

Online Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 13:56 »
I suppose all don't use Sigma chipset for 4k playback at the moment ya? So far I'm using Nvidia Shield gen 1 for 4k playback via m2ts format under bdmv structure. No lag or sort.

Offline Wilber

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 12:35 »
updated with x10 review from someone else. please read from second post.

Offline Wilber

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 12:50 »
i have seen a site which the x9s compared with oppo 203 turned out the picture quality from x9s beat oppo 203. the pictures comparison could let you tell apart but i'm afraid i don't remember the site, if anyone do seen the comparison, do let me know so that i can post an update.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 13:11 by Wilber »

Offline Wilber

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 12:58 »
About BD menu :

Zidoo X9S/X10
Home theater app supports HD BD menu
Home theater app does not support UHD BD menu
ZDMC does not support HD BD menu
ZDMC does not support UHD BD menu

Egreat A5/10
POSTER V2.0 app supports HD BD menu
POSTER V2.0 app supports UHD BD menu
Vidon supports HD BD menu
Vidon does not support UHD BD menu

if UHD BD menu not important to you, for the price and performance i would recommend getting x9s would suffice.
if UHD BD menu is a must to you, get Egreat A5/A10/A11, look at the Egreat A10 thread.
i hope this helps in purchasing your player.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 14:36 by Wilber »