Author Topic: EGreat A10 4K HDR media player (with review)  (Read 29607 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: EGreat A10 4K HDR media player (with review)
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2018, 21:33 »
do you mean the physical switch at the back of the unit? it has been on since I got the unit. i then use the remote control to switch the unit on/ off. do you physically switch it off whenever it is not in use?

Yes. Literally switch it off from the mains when not in use. What router are you using? Be careful with the recent VPNFilter threat that infects some of the routers - e.g. Linksys, TP Link...

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2018, 09:11 »
Yes. Literally switch it off from the mains when not in use. What router are you using? Be careful with the recent VPNFilter threat that infects some of the routers - e.g. Linksys, TP Link...

thanks for the tip. i physically switched off the unit and i'll keep it off until I'm ready to use it again. i've been using the Asus AC5300 for about 2 years now and I remember the last time I upgraded the firmware was on May 26 '18. i tried googling for similar cases but I coudn't find any. i can't post on the egreat forum either since the CAPTCHA verificiation wouldn't load 🙄
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Blu Ray Discs for sale from $10 & DVDs @ $5 - contact 94595907, thank you

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2018, 11:21 »
thanks for the tip. i physically switched off the unit and i'll keep it off until I'm ready to use it again. i've been using the Asus AC5300 for about 2 years now and I remember the last time I upgraded the firmware was on May 26 '18. i tried googling for similar cases but I coudn't find any. i can't post on the egreat forum either since the CAPTCHA verificiation wouldn't load
No worries lar, this is just my worst case scenario assessment. Probably not the case.

But these days as long as u have IoT devices or equivalent - constantly connected to the internet 24/7, the hackers would actually attack such devices like Set top boxes, media players, IP Camera to name a few in order to gain access to your main computer which houses all your important personal data like credit card details etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline badbad2000

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2018, 23:53 »
look like the A11 review also gd. maybe can replace my oppo 103? will the quality as gd as oppo?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2018, 20:02 »
A new firmware available for update. This is version 1292.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 22:34 by desray »

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2018, 14:59 »
It does make a difference when you want to playback a high bitrate file...

bro, would you elaborate on your comment above which was about the difference between NFS and Samba? I haven't been playing with my A10 since the World Cup started. today when I turned it on to update to the latest FW, the OTA update said I am already at the latest when actually I am at 1.2.9.0. I think I will try the USB update method later.

meawhile I also notice that I couldn't login to my Disk station anymore. previously I was connected via SMB using the search function. I don't remember making any special config on my NAS for that to happen.

it was only when I was searching for a possible solution here when I saw your comment. I've since enabled NFS on my NAS and followed the instructions posted by another bro. now I am able to map to my shared folders and I can see the folder contents. poster view still doesn't seem to be 100% though...
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2018, 06:54 »
As always, there is another delay in Nougat update as informed by Rita. So stay tuned.

Offline exclusive

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2018, 06:57 »
morning,

recently I tried to add my PC share folder on the egreat, but I encountered "get folder error".

I'm able to see the share folder on the egreat and also able to see egreat on my pc. already enabled media sharing and streaming to egreat.

what have I done wrong?

I wish to transfer files from my pc to the egreat int hdd  or to access my pc share folder to stream media from my pc to egreat.

i have read that once install HDD into the egreat, it can become a nas. how do i setup this?
from my pc i can only enable the streaming  but unable to view the folder in the egreat HDD

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:01 by exclusive »
7.2.4 [DENON X7200WA,ANTHEM MCA 3 POWER AMP,KEF LS50 LCR, DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY PROMONITOR 1000 AS SURROUND ON SANUS STAND,DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY PROMONITOR 800 ATMOS, RYTHMIK F12+F15HP]
LG OLED 55C7
EGREAT A10

Offline exclusive

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2018, 08:22 »
morning,

recently I tried to add my PC share folder on the egreat, but I encountered "get folder error".

I'm able to see the share folder on the egreat and also able to see egreat on my pc. already enabled media sharing and streaming to egreat.

what have I done wrong?

I wish to transfer files from my pc to the egreat int hdd  or to access my pc share folder to stream media from my pc to egreat.

i have read that once install HDD into the egreat, it can become a nas. how do i setup this?
from my pc i can only enable the streaming  but unable to view the folder in the egreat HDD

managed to figure out the problem. now able to access my pc from egreat and via versa.

7.2.4 [DENON X7200WA,ANTHEM MCA 3 POWER AMP,KEF LS50 LCR, DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY PROMONITOR 1000 AS SURROUND ON SANUS STAND,DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY PROMONITOR 800 ATMOS, RYTHMIK F12+F15HP]
LG OLED 55C7
EGREAT A10

Offline 5th Avenue

« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2018, 11:04 »
I am having problem with my Egreat remote.

The directional button is not responsive in Netflix app...u need to wait around 10s before the next action. Can't move to the "Search" tab in Netflix

Anyone with similar issue?

On beta FW 1292

Thanks for any feedback :)

High end is not about the equipments but about the music it produce

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2018, 13:00 »
I am having problem with my Egreat remote.

there is a free alternative to the physical remote called CetusPlay - do give it a try. it is available for both iOS and Android I believe. Desray also posted about it a few pages back. hopefully that would solve your current issue.
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline 5th Avenue

« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2018, 10:30 »
there is a free alternative to the physical remote called CetusPlay - do give it a try. it is available for both iOS and Android I believe. Desray also posted about it a few pages back. hopefully that would solve your current issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.
There's a typo in my prev msg. The problem I had was with Youtube apps. ;D
Any idea/solution on the issue will be great?
Thanks

Offline InnocentBlood

« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2018, 10:34 »
Thanks for the suggestion.
There's a typo in my prev msg. The problem I had was with Youtube apps. ;D
Any idea/solution on the issue will be great?
Thanks

you may have already tried this - are you using the latest version of the youtube apk? have you tried to uninstall and then re-install again?
Sex N' Violence

Undesirable Publications

Offline 5th Avenue

« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2018, 10:34 »
do you mean the physical switch at the back of the unit? it has been on since I got the unit. i then use the remote control to switch the unit on/ off. do you physically switch it off whenever it is not in use?

Thanks for suggestion, just tried again today.
Same issue with non responsive remote to all menus & apps

Emailed Rita but any advice or suggestion from XP members is appreciated.

Cheers  :) :) :)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2018, 18:41 »
After waiting for the longest time...I have just received news from Rita that Egreat finally released the new Android 7 (Nougat) beta firmware for the A5 and A10.
Here's the download for those who wanted to test drive it: http://data.egreatworld.com/A10BD_EN_N_Firmware_20180824_v2.0.1.2beta.rar

Some of you may encounter problem updating the firmware if you use the normal route - i.e. USB 2.0 to do the update via USB thumb drive. This won't work as you are most likely to encounter update error. Fear not, use the recovery mode method instead.

;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 20:38 by desray »