Author Topic: EGreat A10 4K HDR media player (with review)  (Read 21885 times)

Offline Jagdpanzer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • HT & Audio
Re: EGreat A10 4K HDR media player (with review)
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2018, 07:42 »
The remote control has a next button but it does not work even if the file online menus (mkv, BDMV etc) have Next Chapter option.
I don't have this issue with Popcorn remote control.

Guys, you have to more specific with your line of questions...for instance, pls state the type of media files (e.g. BD ISO or MKV, TS, MP4 etc) For the MKV files, it really depends on whether there is any inclusion of the Chapter markers to begin with. NOT all mkv movies comes with embedded chapters. Please hit the Option menu to bring up the left menu and go to Chapters and see if there is any Chapter markers avail. If there is and hitting the Next Chapter doesn't work, report this bug in the Egreat community forum or comment here so that I can consolidate and forward it to Rita of Egreat.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2018, 19:34 »
For BDMV and BD ISO file, I have no problem with the chapter functions based on my personal experience with about 7 to 8 BD ISO files I have been playing... But I do agree with you that for Mkv files, its a hit or miss. Due to the different software used for encoding the mkv media files, it becomes hard to find a solution to it. One way is to do remux it using mktoolnix aka mkvmerge utility to add the chapter markers to see if it works. I haven't have the time to do remuxibg these days.

And I also agreed with you that in terms of stability when playback Mkv media, PCH is still the KING!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 19:39 by desray »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2018, 19:37 »
my A10 arrived today and I'll get a chance to fumble around with it when I get home this evening. my primary use case is to play files that my Oppo 105D can't handle. this would be the 2nd android device that I've ever owned - the first being the Onkyo DP-X1, which is a pretty cool DAP. most of you guys here seem to be very savvy with Android so do share with me some of the essential apk that you guys have installed, to maximise the capabilities of the Egreat. thank you :)
Welcome on board Bro...

Offline Nivlahog

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2018, 22:45 »
Hi All, may I know anyone here have try to connect and transfer file from window 10 to egreat A10 successfully?

I am able to view egreat in my windows network explorer, however I am not able to access. I have a 4 TB 3.5" HDD attached to A10, both A10 & Win 10 are in the same network, also checked all setting in A10, believe samba setting is tick.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2018, 11:31 »
Just received news from Rita that the much over due Nougat 7.1 firmware update will be coming soon next month.