Author Topic: EGreat A10 4K HDR media player (with review)  (Read 48104 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
EGreat A10 4K HDR media player (with review)
« on: October 08, 2017, 13:42 »
I'm looking to get this player for my BD ISO and BDMV playback. And the recent firmware even manage to playback a ripped 4K UHD bluray rip with full menu navigation successfully (but that's old news since they only managed to showcase the Smurfs 4K UHD bluray title which at this present point, is STILL the only one that has its encryption defeated by the jailbreakers. But that's besides the point.

This one comes with HDR10 and HDMI 2.0a full bandwidth support at 18 Gbps. I decide to keep my Oppo BDP-203 unjailbroken so that I can continue to use it as a true bluray player and I have resisted the great many updates that Oppo had rolled out since its launch. There is little to no effort made by the Jailbreakers to release further updates (at least from the way I look). So I'm gonna revert to media player. Whilst scouring the web for info, I discovered this product by Egreat, a quick glean on their so-called support forum and the developers and staff seems responsive to some of the user's remarks/comments. Their firmware support seems pretty "stable" and frequent to a certain degree.

This mode that I'm looking at cost around $400++ which I'm fine with the pricing as too low, I'll be more skeptical with their claims. China made products are no longer a 2nd grade science fair project these days, many have improved leaps and bounds. The only issue comes with their end user support if I might add. But judging from the maturity and developments i have experiences in the past couple of years, I think media player is STILL the most VFM product for every Home Theater enthusiast to own.

The product was released to the market in early qtr of this year, so I am wondering any member(s) own one and how does it perform and hold up after months of usage? Pls share your experience and I will appreciate it.

TIA...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 15:38 by desray »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone using EGreat A10 4K HDR media player?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 13:48 »
They also have this A11 model, supposedly contain Hi-Fi DAC quality...but I will definitely not gonna get this as I'm fairly certain that if you truly an audiophile, you won't settle for anything less...but here's a pic of the A11.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 14:13 »
Was contemplating in early July to get the A10 but held back since my TV and AVR are not HDMI 2.0 and will not enjoy full 4K support. :P

Sitting on the fence now :)

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 14:31 »
Looks good, EGreat has came a long way since the great penetration of china-made players in early days. Will read on it, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 15:56 »
Owned a A5 best can decode Atmos and DTS-X :)
The packing box almost exactly same as your photo bro

PS : need note of the display 1080p+24hz will only work for my 1070+ projector.
other than that have handshaking issue... cant sync well

Good thing is new firmware always developed and support forum is there: )
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 16:23 by rock123 »
Pure 100% Home Theatre Lover @7.2.4
1996 Sunfire Cinema Grand l Flagship Onkyo RZ-3100 11.2 THX® Select2™
Klipsch KLF-30 Legend Towers KLF-C7 Tractrix® Horn
Sub 1: Rythmik FV18 @900WRMS(Nearfield)
Sub 2: SVS PB12-Plus/2 @900WRMS down-firing dual 12.3" three 4" Ports

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 19:14 »
Thanks guys for the comments. May I know whether there is a physical shopfront in SLS selling this media player? Who is the Egreat distributor here in Singapore? else have to order online liao. Shopee and Lazada selling AFAIK. Any other platform?

Offline Sunblock

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 20:22 »
I didn’t opt for the eGreat, in my recent Shenzhen trip, but handcarried the HiMedia Q5 Pro instead due to past experiences with eGreat product reliability due to heat and firmware issues during the popcorn A-100 era.

Pretty sure they have improved in these areas by now. ;)

http://www.himediatech.com/q5pro.html
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 20:29 by Sunblock »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 20:36 »
I've just placed an order via Lazada Singapore. As usual, I will provide a mini review for those interested to get this media player.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 20:41 »
I didn’t opt for the eGreat, in my recent Shenzhen trip, but handcarried the HiMedia Q5 Pro instead due to past experiences with eGreat product reliability due to heat and firmware issues during the popcorn A-100 era.

Pretty sure they have improved in these areas by now. ;)

http://www.himediatech.com/q5pro.html

Wow...that era is almost a decade ago. Hopefully there is no problem with the heat issue you described.

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 21:17 »
heard of great feedbacks for A10 quite long ago.. was tempted but the price a bit turned me off thus did not get it. i'm getting zidoo x9s instead.
HT Setup
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric, Fibaro Home Automation.
Computer Setup
KEF Ref 1 Powered by Harman Crown DCI amp

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 00:16 »
Look what just arrived today at my doorstep...i will do a mini review on this awesome media player during the holiday. Initial impression... The best $350+ I have ever spent on a media player. The built quality is top notch coming from a China brand.

I can finally retire my oppo 203 from its jailbreak "free" now.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 00:18 by desray »

Offline kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 06:44 »
Feedback from many hk users A5 and A10 spoiled the avr hdmi port. If interested can go read more.
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49 »
Feedback from many hk users A5 and A10 spoiled the avr hdmi port. If interested can go read more.

Thanks kelvinsin for the word of caution. I will take a look at that. It’s odd that the HDMI port will be affected by the media player unless there is physical removal and contact with the AVR hdmi ports...but definitely a concern for user if this really happening to many users of A5 and A10 models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 18:31 »
looking forward more in-depth review..
HT Setup
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric, Fibaro Home Automation.
Computer Setup
KEF Ref 1 Powered by Harman Crown DCI amp

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 20:48 »

Hi Kelvin, thanks for the links you have sent to me via PM. I have replied you regarding my 2 cents worth.

For the rest, to be safe on the side of caution...pls do not get this media player lest it cause issue to your AVR. The review will be based on my personal opinions through my usage experience. I'll not be answering question regarding this "HDMI problem" (if any) to begin with since I've not personally encounter it myself at this point. But if by any sheer streak of bad luck that this media player did something untowards to my AVR, I will be sure to report here immediately. But until then, I will refrain from commenting this issue.

Thanks for understanding.