Author Topic: Audyssey vs the rest  (Read 828 times)

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
Audyssey vs the rest
« on: March 28, 2019, 18:00 »
Chanced upon this 2017 article. Good read on different EQ available on the market and their strengths.

https://hometheaterreview.com/room-correction-revisited/

Most advanced EQ goes to Trinnov ;D, but caveat is always the calibrator must know what to do and how to do it -
"Trinnov works not only in the frequency and time domains, but in the spatial domain, as well."

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Audyssey vs the rest
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 20:45 »
Chanced upon this 2017 article. Good read on different EQ available on the market and their strengths.

Most advanced EQ goes to Trinnov ;D, but caveat is always the calibrator must know what to do and how to do it -
"Trinnov works not only in the frequency and time domains, but in the spatial domain, as well."

Next thing I’ll be interested is the PRICE of Trinnov. Wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ralfale

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 23:49 »
‘Only’ price of a coe

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 01:02 »
And thats for the basic entry level Trinnov....

Electronics : Denon 7200, MiniDSP Dirac 88A, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
ATMOS Audio : Martin Logan Ethos (L&R), ML Motif X(C), ML Motion 4 (14pcs surround spkrs)
LFE : Dual Rythmik FV25HP & Crowson Motion Actuator
Video : Sony VPL-HW55ES, Stewart Screen Studiotek 1.3
Source : HTPC
Fully automated HT via Alexa, Z-wave and Logitech Harmony Remote Control

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 07:20 »
LoL...

Offline Bbos37

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 19:24 »
While we all can’t have a perfect room correction in our system, we can certainly improve upon what ever room correction the we are stuck with.
I my case it’s Audyssey, for the past 10 years it has grown into the XT32.
With a persuasion from a friend I invested in some REW mic and a Minidsp 2x4.
Thro this into the equation and we in altogether a different level of room correction for the better.
This takes some steep learning curve but it worth every penny.

Offline ralfale

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 20:51 »
Fully agree, minidsp is a very worthy investment on our system.

Offline winwinc81

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 14:04 »
Fully agree, minidsp is a very worthy investment on our system.
I've to agree. It's always good to have an EQ device to counter some frequencies in response to the room. Some frequencies reacts too overwhelming, thus become too 'annoying', that's where device like minidsp can help, using PEQ to lower according to taste.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 11:04 »

No mention of room perfect or JBL’s Arcos system, both highly rated and I’d believe the room perfect is definitely up there as the best room EQ software, mostly for its ease of use. This guarantee will come from me personally having experienced its capabilities and reverse engineer finding out what’s best with this RP

Trinnov maybe good, but the complexities and  amount of time required to correctly bring out the best remains to be seen

Even mark seaton himself took one whole day to dial in his seatons subs using the trinnov. one would definitely need to factor in calibrators cost when considering the trinnov, that can easily hit $30k and not forgetting that if u shift house again, another calibrators cost is involved . Calibrators cost easily in the range of $5-$7k

See the excerpts of conversation extracted from avs forum. These guys are pros and another is a distributor for trinnov and lyngdorf

What the RP and Arcos does that none of the above does is blending of subwoofers with All the speakers in the amplitude and time domain...