Author Topic: When was the last time you heard live music?  (Read 8750 times)

joamonte

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:When was the last time you heard live music?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2002, 10:40 »

that's like comparing eating nice pastry with the flavors all (im)perfectly balanced vs. eating a fish just caught from the deep sea, partially cleaned and BBQ-ed over a fire. :)

Anyway, what a recording can NEVER give, is the musical and personal involvement of the performer with the audience. Whenever possible, always sit in front.  ;D

what about HT with big screen,do you think its better in tis aspet? ::)....i mean in term of providing"the musical and personal involvement of the performer with the audience."..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2002, 10:43 by joamonte »

Offline hw

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2002, 11:43 »
it's the feeling of being there..soaking up the atmosphere.

perhaps the best way is to compare watching a soccer match at the stadium and watching it "live" at home.

i doubt the very best HT that money can buy can re-create the same atmosphere :)

i miss those M'sian Cup days.. cheering and hissing and booing and screaming "REFEREE KAYU" and lost my voice after the match :)

Offline hw

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2002, 12:08 »
i prefer to be "there"...rubbing shoulders with chiobu and taking in their perfume.

joamonte

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2002, 13:00 »

what about HT with big screen,do you think its better in tis aspet? ::)....i mean in term of providing"the musical and personal involvement of the performer with the audience."..

oh...I was more referring to the subtle interaction with the performers. although with video we get multiple angles and probably a lot of stuff that we couldn't possibly see from our seats/stands, the interaction or even those memorable screw ups (for e.g I remember the Swan Lake ballet I went to the same ballerina fell TWICE on the same move and carried on like nothing happened) are the ones I will remember...

On another note, which do you prefer? A Britney Spears video focussing on all her 'talents' vs. a real live Britney Spears who had just came oh so very close to you during a concert for that few seconds and you just managed to catch her heaving....heaving....heaving.....

than that not live "music" u refer to.... :)