Author Topic: New project alert! 3 Generations  (Read 10846 times)

Offline ed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Kill 'em all, let g*d sort 'em out...
Re: New project alert! 3 Generations
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2019, 09:34 »
Decided to remove some pics from previous posts as photobucket kept sending emails to me on "over usage limits".  Spam or not, I think some house keeping won't hurt and that's what I did.  The house keeping eventually got serious this year which saw me getting rid of my Thorens belt drive TT and Denon DD TT.  Also got rid of 2 preamps, 2 poweramps, 1 DAC and loads of loose parts.  With a lighter inventory its time to see what else I can make.  Have a left over project and had always felt that the chassis looks dated and not to my liking.  Decided to rework on a new chassis.  Save all the details on wood and metal work I have come up with the following.  More than 150 holes drilled over 2 weekends.  Seriously could not imagine how my neighbors tolerate that.

After that was placement and wiring started 2 days ago.  Will try to keep things simple for that matter.

jlow
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:17 by ed »

Offline ed

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2019, 09:22 »
Found a nice chassis for the 300B and decided to rehouse it as well.  Drilling on SS is horrible.

jlow
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 23:33 by ed »

Offline ed

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2019, 23:37 »
Completion

Another 300B, I dare say it's the last 300B I have built! Wiring is average coz it's ported over from a mock up chassis.  Looking way better than I have expected now.

Now for some listening with whisky on the rocks, cheers!

Jlow
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 23:44 by ed »