Author Topic: New project alert! 3 Generations  (Read 14785 times)

Offline ed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Kill 'em all, let g*d sort 'em out...
Re: New project alert! 3 Generations
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2019, 09:34 »
Decided to remove some pics from previous posts as photobucket kept sending emails to me on "over usage limits".  Spam or not, I think some house keeping won't hurt and that's what I did.  The house keeping eventually got serious this year which saw me getting rid of my Thorens belt drive TT and Denon DD TT.  Also got rid of 2 preamps, 2 poweramps, 1 DAC and loads of loose parts.  With a lighter inventory its time to see what else I can make.  Have a left over project and had always felt that the chassis looks dated and not to my liking.  Decided to rework on a new chassis.  Save all the details on wood and metal work I have come up with the following.  More than 150 holes drilled over 2 weekends.  Seriously could not imagine how my neighbors tolerate that.

After that was placement and wiring started 2 days ago.  Will try to keep things simple for that matter.

jlow
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:17 by ed »

Offline ed

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2019, 09:41 »
Sharing via summary in google drive as most of the photo hosting site are not friendly towards what I wanted to do.  Anyways I am into my last amp rebuild for the year!  Rather happy with the progress and hope to complete as intended.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VElxrxuUf7N6ENBXyxZ518D9QM9v6hBp

jlow

Offline jaffrie

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2019, 17:35 »
Bravo ED. Me too have 1 have to many projects on hand must also find time to really finish them.
Guess that the moral for us diyers is always having itchy fingers to buy more then we can chew. LOL

Offline ed

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2019, 09:43 »
Thanks Jaffrie!  No choice just too many already.  I am rotating between 4 or 5 Amps and 2 sets of speakers.  Plus tube amp parts are heavy and take up lots of space.  Think 3 will be ideal for my case :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 09:18 by ed »