Author Topic: Microphone stand  (Read 515 times)

Offline sonofdbn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Microphone stand
« on: August 12, 2017, 15:14 »
I finally got around to doing some room measurements and bought a UMIK-1 microphone and installed REW. Initially I tried using a camera tripod to mount the UMIK-1, but as anyone who has tried this quickly finds out, the screw diameters for cameras and mikes are quite different. I found a mike stand from City Music - just under $20, and it works perfectly for me. You use a coin to remove the screw from the UMIK-1 mike holder and then just screw the mike holder onto the stand. I thought that at the price it would be a little shaky, but it's actually quite sturdy.

http://www.citymusic.com.sg/products/Bespeco-SH12NE/1205

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • I predicted overhead spkrs 10 yrs ago.
Re: Microphone stand
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 15:21 »
Good suggestion! Looking forward to hear about your REW experience and if it made any improvement to your sound.
ATMOS and Auro ready! 15 surr spkrs . Time to optimize

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+12)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 16:57 »

Thanks for sharing the lobang bro

Offline m0j0_vin

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 01:26 »
I'm using a mic stand as well for both rew and audyssey mic. There is a camera mount adapter for mic stands so you can attach the audyssey mic to it. Much more flexible setup in terms of positioning the mic location.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 20:11 »
The mic stand is the best, so easy to measure with umik mic or audyssey mic. Just get the clip, very stable and pin point accuracy in terms of height and mobility. Less obstruction too.

Can tilt90 deg, hold straight, front firing, all sorts of dimension

Quite cheap from tao Bao

Offline cleadett

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 20:25 »
I finally got around to doing some room measurements and bought a UMIK-1 microphone and installed REW. Initially I tried using a camera tripod to mount the UMIK-1, but as anyone who has tried this quickly finds out, the screw diameters for cameras and mikes are quite different. I found a mike stand from City Music - just under $20, and it works perfectly for me. You use a coin to remove the screw from the UMIK-1 mike holder and then just screw the mike holder onto the stand. I thought that at the price it would be a little shaky, but it's actually quite sturdy.

http://www.citymusic.com.sg/products/Bespeco-SH12NE/1205

Will tripod and the above mic stand reflect the sound wave? thats why I prefer to use long chopstick. Mount my UMIK-1 mic with rubber band
Then since it is quite tiny hence easily for me to insert in between sofa padding.