Author Topic: Interesting new projector from Xiaomi (小米)  (Read 14113 times)

Offline element5

• Trade Count: (+6)
looking for more exciting hifi products, go to http://www.lazada.sg/sincere-2006/

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Interesting new projector from Xiaomi (小米)
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 10:37 »

Yesterday I went to one of the local distributors in Singapore that sells this Xiaomi UST laser projector. I went over there to get myself a portable 1080p LED projector from XGIMI. The model I'm getting is the Z6 which was just released in Mar this year. Quite raving reviews on this Z6 considering the price and a reasonable lumens (700 and about 300ANSI) for my study/bedroom. For those interested in this little LED light source projector, do let me know and perhaps I can give you some insights...but do take note that the menu, like Xiaomi comes preloaded with the Chinese content. Unfortunately, this can't be changed any time soon.

Now back to this Xiaomi UST laser projector. Take note, although is marketed as a 4K laser projector, it is not. This is essentially a 1080p panel which is able to accept 4K resolution by their own proprietary 4K upscaling technology. I am tempted to get it but in the end, I stepped on the brake because this is a not true 4K. I have been keeping a close eyes on the future of such UST 4K laser projectors using the TI chipset for some time now. I've seen a rise in these types of 4K laser based UST projectors which is going to start shipping sometime in the 2nd Qtr of this year...expect the end of this year to have more choice than just Xiaomi. For instance, Dell, Optoma and even the late 2017 LG laser Beam Pro coming soon. I believed JVC is having something in the pipeline as well...all following the 4K leader in the market, SONY.

The issue with Xiaomi UST laser projector is the limitations in terms of calibrations. At its very core, it is a typical Android TV OS incorporated into an All-in-One projector cum entertainment system nicely packed in a neat package and of course, throw in a laser source to sweeten the deal. Overall it is a pretty amazing feat accomplished by the Chinese and yet again, the Chinese proved to the world that there can come up and deliver a product that cost 3 to 4 times higher due to the brand name...but technology wise, Xiaomi has provided us with an inkling of the total cost price to make these laser based projectors and yet still earn money! For those willingly paying for a US$20K - $30K 4K laser based projector will be in for rude shock next year onwards.

However I will most likely be holding off a little longer to see if it is worth diving into these UST 4K laser projector before the year end. At this point, my JVC projector still serves me well. Its getting closer...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:29 by desray »

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 13:50 »
Nowaday , there are many other way to make so called Laser ( light source ) .

Short throw or side throw is nothing new , Sony first time show a VGA 640x480 side shoot projector was coming to 20 yrs ago liao , is just like lenshif but shifed to only one side , then later come the full movment of lens ,called lensshif.

UST : is a 0.xxx con lens system ( something like that small lens on the door to look outside your door way and can see a very wide area ). This design was first target for classroom and tranning needs , as the presenter alway cast is shadow on the screen and the focus point is less then 0.5 fixed focus point and to hva projected image not less then 100"

Here come the New application,
1) with UST + 100"AJS= Not more then US 3k, target to head on/replace the TV market.
2) House the projector+ spk+ATS,behide the screen within a limited distance of not more then 50cm.
3) For application that need to run 24/7 to reduce the cost of change of lamp every 3/6 months, ( just imagein buy a $1000 data pj and to spend $1000 in 2 yrs vs laser start cost of $2000 , 3rd and so on .....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 14:40 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline Spectre

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2018, 14:13 »
So has anyone got this projector yet? Any experiences to share from real life usage?

Does their OS support things like Netflix and YouTube?

Offline Gondon72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!

Offline tertm141

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 07:35 »
nice, black color with a higher lumens, slightly more expensive.

Offline audionoob

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 11:29 »
It would have been great if they use those pseudo-4k DLP chip.

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 15:05 »
It would have been great if they use those pseudo-4k DLP chip.

They probably could already, but I guess they are saving it for next model.

Offline Pismo Mac

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2018, 16:22 »
Sorry, what’s a pseudo 4K DLP chip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline in1voice

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2018, 21:34 »
Can these projectors be mounted normally, just like the usual PJs, say ceiling mounted 4 metres away from the screen?

Offline Spectre

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 22:44 »
Can't... Its ultra short throw. Even at this distance, I have to shrink the image quite a bit to fit my 80inch screen...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Pismo Mac

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 10:17 »
Which model is this and what is the distance for the screen?

With this distance, what is the size of the image?
Can't... Its ultra short throw. Even at this distance, I have to shrink the image quite a bit to fit my 80inch screen...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Online pschia

• I love Cats !
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2018, 13:01 »
Xiaomi ultra short throw projector selling at Mi Shops locally. Just saw it in their newly opened branch at Jems.
They are having opening promotions on some of their products there. ;)
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline Ccyao

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2018, 13:03 »
Xiaomi ultra short throw projector selling at Mi Shops locally. Just saw it in their newly opened branch at Jems.
They are having opening promotions on some of their products there. ;)

That's great! Any demo available there? Do they sell the new model?

Gears: LG 75UJ657T, Denon X7200WA, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, SVS Prime Center/Bookshelf(Front)/Satellite(Surround), AG Micro x 4 for Atmos, dual Rythmik LVX12, Popcorn Hour A-500, xBox One S, Synology DS416.