Author Topic: Help needed to setup HT room  (Read 14837 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Help needed to setup HT room
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 23:52 »
after consolidating the advices from all bros, i made changes and put up option A and Option B as shown in below pics, changes are highlighted in red. Would like to hear which is a better option I should go after from bros again. Many thanks!

Option A:

Option B:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would go with Option B. Plus having them placed above the mains, at a wider position.

Plus, i would have the centre speaker Hidden behind the PJ screen, placed vertically. Flanked by diffusers on both corners.

Place second sub at the back behind sofa MLP, or corner or at any of the + positions available. Go dual subs. If you can measure your room response, best.

Keep your options open for that 7.2.6, that additional channels in option A, you never know along the way, you may love the Atmos 3D based audio, and may decide to add 2 more.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 21:56 by ronildoq »

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2017, 01:06 »
yes, power points in each wall except the wall with 3 way track sliding door....2 subs a bit too powerful for me, :)

Having 2 subs is not powerful. its getting the bass response feel correct. anyway leave it open for the time being. it can come later, i believe you are very vexed about speaker positions. personally i think front heights rear heights are very different from the 4 ceiling spks that hovers above MLP. decisions.... consider wisely.  :)
Dynaudio Confidence C1 Signature, Center, Contour SR, DM3/7 IC17x4 Sub300x2 Sub600
Denon AVC-X8500H, Plinius CD-101, Tautoro, SA-103, Sony X800, PS4, Optoma UHD65, Panasonic CX700.
ProJect Q.

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2017, 08:04 »
Agree w djq on 2 subs. It is not more powerful. But rather it smoothen ur bass and give u a surround 3D bass feel.

Option B too.

I second what ronildoq suggested on the front overheads placed wider. And a 2nd sub placed nf. This 2 changes will improve your HT experience.

Offline keai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2017, 21:38 »
I would go with Option B. Plus having them placed above the mains, at a wider position.

Plus, i would have the centre speaker Hidden behind the PJ screen, placed Horizontally. Flanked by diffusers on both corners.

Place second sub at the back behind sofa MLP, or corner or at any of the + positions available. Go dual subs. If you can measure your room response, best.

Keep your options open for that 7.2.6, that additional channels in option A, you never know along the way, you may love the Atmos 3D based audio, and may decide to add 2 more.

Good suggestions bro! I will run speaker cables for front height and 4 ceiling speakers, no one knows when I will go for 7.2.6. And will consider dual sub too, but likely next phase.

Having 2 subs is not powerful. its getting the bass response feel correct. anyway leave it open for the time being. it can come later, i believe you are very vexed about speaker positions. personally i think front heights rear heights are very different from the 4 ceiling spks that hovers above MLP. decisions.... consider wisely.  :)

may consider dual kk sub, smaller one 808, and retired my MA sub for casual 2.1 music only. Thanks for the valuable suggestion bro!

Agree w djq on 2 subs. It is not more powerful. But rather it smoothen ur bass and give u a surround 3D bass feel.

Option B too.

I second what ronildoq suggested on the front overheads placed wider. And a 2nd sub placed nf. This 2 changes will improve your HT experience.

after reading your sharing, I'm very tempted to try out front height, like your setup bro, with the picture and detailed drawing, make my decision much easier, thanks bro! :)

Offline keai

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2017, 21:43 »
got my 12 AWG speaker cables ready today, total 100m (10 pc), luckily managed to get them done before 5pm together with Cat7 cables, my ID needs them early next week.

And surprised to know nowadays banana plug also changed, LHS cable guy told me they only carry new type of banana plug now, I'm so outdated! :(

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 21:45 by keai »

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2017, 21:55 »

If you can, have the speakers mounted behind the PJ screen, **vertically.... like the above. Very immersive

Not horizontally, correction on my previous statement.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 22:32 by ronildoq »

Offline keai

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2017, 21:57 »

If you can, have the speakers mounted behind the PJ screen, **vertically.... like the above. Very immersive

Not horizontally, correction on my previous statement.

wow, is this your setup bro? that's very impressive, btw, what is the advantege to have center speaker horizonally placed? Don't think my room is big enough for such setup, :(

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2017, 22:54 »
wow, is this your setup bro? that's very impressive, btw, what is the advantege to have center speaker horizonally placed? Don't think my room is big enough for such setup, :(

ha, nope, just some image download from web, place it this way if you can, behind the PJ screen., if you can have diffusers in between, damn super good!

Offline keai

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2017, 23:11 »
ha, nope, just some image download from web, place it this way if you can, behind the PJ screen., if you can have diffusers in between, damn super good!

if my room size doubled, I will consider, now with fix screen, quite unlikely.

Offline keai

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2017, 23:59 »
just realized i completely forgot about HDMI cablr, probably have to run 10-12m, any recommendation on HDMI cables which are affordable (<$200 range), able to support 4k (hassle free for next 5 years) and readily available locally? Many thanks!

Offline finclk

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2017, 10:55 »
For such length, you might want to consider getting fibre optic, active cables just to be safe. There's this brand - Ruipro 10m cable. Costs $160 USD.

I have bought this also but have not assessed the quality yet. But quite a number of peeps on avsforums are using this one also.

Offline keai

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2017, 11:41 »
For such length, you might want to consider getting fibre optic, active cables just to be safe. There's this brand - Ruipro 10m cable. Costs $160 USD.

I have bought this also but have not assessed the quality yet. But quite a number of peeps on avsforums are using this one also.
thanks bro, for the recommendation, did a quick check, Amazon carries it, but it takes time to reach singapore, any local distributer selling it?

Offline keai

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2017, 11:57 »
Checked Amazon Singapore, got this HDMI cable available to be delivered by today, and spec as below, wondering whether it meets my needs, RedMere I heard is good for long distance, but bandwidth only 10.2 Gbps, support 4k up to 24Hz not sure enough or not....any advices?

Features
A-Male to A-Male HDMI cable with RedMere technology; supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video, and Audio Return Channel (ARC); CL3-rated for in-wall installation
RedMere chip enables a clear signal over long distances and allows for a thinner, more pliable wire gauge for improved cable flexibility and portability
Connects Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, PS4, PS3, XBox one, Xbox 360, computers, and other HDMI-enabled devices to TVs, displays, A/V receivers, and more
Cable allows you to share an Internet connection among multiple devices without the need for a separate Ethernet cable
Displays 4K video at 24 Hz, 1080p at 60 Hz, with 48-bit deep color and supports bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps; backwards compatible with earlier versions

Offline keai

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2017, 12:31 »
Called LHS cable, they carry 10m HDMI ver 2.0 cable with redmere chip modle 1700 which support 18Gbps, dont know which taiwan brand, based on spec, goes for this one better, right?

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
  • I predicted overhead spkrs 10 yrs ago.
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2017, 16:01 »
I usually recommend to run 2-3 hdmi cables in parallel  if running Long lengths. kiasu.

Run redmere. MUST also run passive hdmi cable.
ATMOS and Auro ready! 15 surr spkrs . Time to optimize