Author Topic: The new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10 S  (Read 6188 times)

Online Knight_Rider

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10 S
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 22:04 »
Where to buy Chuwi spare parts like battery and where to send for repair?

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 23:20 »
As usual, any problem you have to send it back for repairs or if you can find local repairers, you can try your luck!

Online Knight_Rider

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 23:52 »
As usual, any problem you have to send it back for repairs or if you can find local repairers, you can try your luck!

Any issues with their quality so far?

Offline francis wu

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 14:49 »
Too early to tell but I read in their forum that some are getting issues and they not happy with the service support!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Knight_Rider

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2017, 15:04 »
Too early to tell but I read in their forum that some are getting issues and they not happy with the service support!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Esp the screen. Sim Lim shops I think got sell Chuwi products do they do repair? Did you email them for Singapore support? What did they say? I am thinking of getting the Super EB deal to try.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2017, 15:26 »
Not yet.  Maybe you post that question to them on your order and see their response!

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2017, 18:41 »
Personal experience with their touch screen isn't terrific. Highly insensitive. Not sure about this new model but I won't want to try it again unless proven wrong.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 13:01 »
You get what you paid for...as long as your expectations are properly aligned and managed in line with the amount you paid versus the other "big brands", I think some flaws is to be expected as long as it does not affect day to day important usage.

Online Knight_Rider

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2017, 17:54 »
Surface 2

http://sea.pcmag.com/microsoft-surface-book-2-15-inch/17879/review/microsoft-surface-book-2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Hh0lZ7Jg4U&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-Hh0lZ7Jg4U&fs=1</a>

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2017, 20:58 »
I saw it at Best Buy, 15" Surface Book 2....with detachable screen and a longer hinge so that it can fold completely.

You got full Window 10 but price tag is pretty steep.....very likeable...the feel and the resolution on that 15" screen....Intel 8th generation CPU..very responsive laptop.

(Audio)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2017, 21:29 »
I saw it at Best Buy, 15" Surface Book 2....with detachable screen and a longer hinge so that it can fold completely.

You got full Window 10 but price tag is pretty steep.....very likeable...the feel and the resolution on that 15" screen....Intel 8th generation CPU..very responsive laptop.

(Audio)

To run Windows 10, there is really no need to have top of the line CPU processing powers. The recent iteration of the ARM chip proves to be more than capable for normal productivity works and simple photo editing. For everything else, Surface Book 2 will definitely helps with its quad core processing.

Offline pschia

• I love Cats !
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2017, 20:42 »

You got full Window 10 but price tag is pretty steep.....very likeable...the feel and the resolution on that 15" screen....Intel 8th generation CPU..very responsive laptop.  ::)

(Audio)
Surface cannot buy in Singapore. I don't trust any company that dare not put the location of their service centre on their web site. My Surface Pro 3 cannot be booted up and I tried all the methods they suggested in such an event which means that I would have to send it in for servicing but there is no service centre listed on their web site for me to send to. What's so secretive about where is their service centre that I could only get the information on by calling them?
No more Surface for me from now on.
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2018, 22:22 »
Nice.......reasonably priced too. :)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/store/d/product/90FC23DV6SNZ/H1XQ?activetab=pivot%3atechspecstab&tduid=(edbe289305a9d6b02d74fb3d5edcf72a)(234944)(2811277)(EDGE_ENSG_EDGEINFOPANE_surfacelaptop)()

I sold off mine not long ago...this is really a very good laptop in terms of its design and form factor. But there is ONLY one problem...slow SSD read/write speed.