Author Topic: Nasty Bass to blow up your sub - BR or HD disc recommendations....  (Read 147307 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
The Invisible man bass and atmos effect is pretty good. Highly recommend.

very nice, i enjoyed this movie as well! Thumbs up this movie. Kan Cheong all the way......

Offline Minime2319

• Trade Count: (0)
Recently watched Midway and noticed a loud 30hz-ish hump esp in the pearl harbor scene. Does anyone here notice that the bass level is almost a bit high despite the steep filtered ULF?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 19:51 by Minime2319 »

Offline Jason Yeo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
Recently watched Midway and noticed a loud 30hz-ish hump esp in the pearl harbor scene. Does anyone here notice that the bass level is almost a bit high despite the steep filtered ULF?

I noticed the UHD atmos track is no good. Does not have mid bass and highs. Only heavy deep bass. The center also sounds softer to me.
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline Minime2319

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey Jason, it's been a while (10yrs?) since we talked on Seaton forum, this is Ken speaking :D

On the soundtrack subject, I didn't feel the other issues that you brought up, just puzzled by the immense bass hump.

Offline Jason Yeo

• I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
Hey Jason, it's been a while (10yrs?) since we talked on Seaton forum, this is Ken speaking :D

On the soundtrack subject, I didn't feel the other issues that you brought up, just puzzled by the immense bass hump.

Hi Ken , nice to hear from you again .

I am not sure but definately the UHD atmos track sounds not right to me. I read avsforum and some also encountered the same issues I am hearing from this soundtrack.
Denon,Marantz,Stewart,Ayre,Furutech,PS audio Wireworld,Bettercables,RGPC,Quantum,Pioneer,SvS,Shunyata,Hifi-tuning,Auralex,Mcintosh,JBL,Equitech,silent source,exactpower,Revelation Audio Labs,elementcable,ASC,lessloss,PuristAudioDesign,Kubala Sosna,Oyaide,Nordost,EuroAudioTeam,Kimble select,SeatonSubmersive

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Hi Ken , nice to hear from you again .

I am not sure but definately the UHD atmos track sounds not right to me. I read avsforum and some also encountered the same issues I am hearing from this soundtrack.
No mid bass and highs? I thought the sound track is ok at least from my first watch. Probably need to play this movie again over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jason Yeo

• I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
No mid bass and highs? I thought the sound track is ok at least from my first watch. Probably need to play this movie again over the weekend.

Take note if you playing remux version , it is ok . Remux only 7.1 but got mid bass, highs and center speaker level normal (to me) .

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Nasty Bass to blow up your sub - BR or HD disc recommendations....
« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2020, 09:14 »
Take note if you playing remux version , it is ok . Remux only 7.1 but got mid bass, highs and center speaker level normal (to me) .
So it only affects Dolby Atmos track but not DTSHD MSTR 7.1 track? My remix is in Dolby Atmos.

Offline Jason Yeo

• I'm nothing...
    • nothing is perfect!
It is atmos but 7.1 only . Player self decode to PCM .
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:22 by Jason Yeo »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Rewatched a couple of mins on the attack of the Pearl Harbor scene. Sounded fine to me, dialogue is clear as well. Atmos effects is stellar, just the same as I heard the first time. Nothing amiss. But I must say that this is a remuxed Dolby Atmos track in MKv container. As far as I can tell, it is a good mix based on my own experience. Maybe I should get the physical disc to try out the Atmos track to see if there is indeed a lack of mids and highs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal