Author Topic: Tellurium Q Cables  (Read 4701 times)

Offline composition

• Trade Count: (+5)
Tellurium Q Cables
« on: April 05, 2017, 19:14 »
The is no thread on Tellurium Q cables, so let me start a thread on this interesting brand of cables that focuses on phase integrity.

Their cables have been winning accolades and rave reviews these recent years. I have been eyeing at their top of the line Silver Diamond cables.

Recently I managed to sell off my aging top of the line Mexcel XLR which was a truly exquisite cable that is able to etch out the micro dynamics of the music while presenting an elegant portrayal of the music. The Mexcel DA63000 is now Mark 3 version and going for in excess of $6k or more. Mine was the original Mark 1 so I decided to sell it off.

I then placed an order for the Silver Diamond XLR from Ray at Raindrop few weeks ago.

The Silver Diamond XLRs are now in my system running in for a few days. They truly live up to their reputation and I understand why they have won so many accolades. The clarity is exceptional, the delivery of the bass is full and firm. Rhythm which is a hallmark of many brit brands is without reproach.

Quite sure the Silver Diamonds will earn the respect of some followers here.

Offline composition

Re: Tellurium Q Cables
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 19:29 »
After my Ginkgo and Vitamin B therapy I can also now appreciate the 3D imaging qualities in its fullest.

Offline Fatalethal

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 19:40 »
With given opportunity by fellow friends, I've heard the speaker cables of TQ Silver, Black, and TQ Ultra Black on my setup before...

I am personally in favour of the TQ Silver because it carries a very lively, fast/aggressive and yet more detailed than the QED Signature Revelation, and the Belden Studio 814.

As for the TQ Black, i like it much too, but just that the staging is somewhat behind my speakers, which i personally prefer my stage to be in front & behind my speakers.

As for the TQ Ultra Black, i think it is an acquired taste because the staging is totally out of my window kind of stage, which some may like.
What i truly like about this particular cable is the pitch black background (no pun intended).
E.g. my friend owns the TQ Ultra black, and i heard it in his setup, its a totally different beast compared to my setup.
In his setup, it had a very intimate and engaging signature to it.
Transport:   Apple Macbook Pro 15" (Mid 2012)
Streamer:   SotM SMS-200 with Intona USB Isolator
Integrated Amplifier:   Job INTegrated (Poor man's Goldmund)
Speakers:   Volent Paragon VL-2 Bookshelf speakers

Offline benlzy

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 21:40 »
I think tellurium q is a brand that's recommended to close friends through word of mouth. Despite winning many awards, it's not gained much traction in the local market which is certainly a pity. I have upgraded from the black to the ultra black spk cables about 2 years ago, and it still remains in my setup till date.

Not only is it holographic and engaging, the precision and harmonic balance is also awesome. It's not easy to achieve a holographic sound, yet maintaining a detailed, pinpoint and realistic imaging. Noise floor on this cable is also surprisingly low and it really is 'ultra black'. I'm sure the diamond series will be even more mind blowing, but the prices are currently beyond me and my system is not 'matured' enough to use it to full potential. I do know the ultra blacks will remain for at least another couple of years, unless a higher range trade in set appears :3
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:15 by benlzy »

Offline deaf.eye

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 21:47 »
I enjoy music through my loom of Silver Diamonds. Best sound to my ears so far. Period.

Offline Instek_88

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 09:07 »
I am using the black diamond speaker and jumpers cable. They have excellent PRAT characteristics, very neutral and natural, good macro and micro dynamics perfermanace, very naturally sounding vocal, detailed sounding but again in a very natural way, and etc.

The silver and black family sound quite different and the differences can be heard within seconds.

Offline benlzy

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16 »
Looks like most using Diamond range!! Hope to join you guys up there next time~

Offline richieleo

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 18:52 »
Tellurium Q cables have been regularly recommended to pair with Naim setups in the Naim forums. I would love to try a pair of ultra black speaker cables on my Naim setup. Anyone willing to lend me theirs for a trial? :)
My current audio system:

NAC 252 (with Supercap DR with Powerline) NAP 300 (with powerline) NDS with 555PS DR (with powerline) Uniti Core (with powerline) and Focal Utopia Diablo with super lumina cables. Wireworld Matrix 2 with powerline to wall socket.

Offline kopiorgau

• Snr Member
  • Only Sumatra is coffee
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 20:12 »
I am using Transparent Music Link Plus XLR interconnects.

How much would the Tellurium Ultra Black xlr interconnects cost for a 1m length.

Thank you.

Offline benlzy

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 03:28 »
Tellurium Q cables have been regularly recommended to pair with Naim setups in the Naim forums. I would love to try a pair of ultra black speaker cables on my Naim setup. Anyone willing to lend me theirs for a trial? :)

You can inquire from Ray @raindropaudio, he's usually quite agreeable to home trials, depending on availability  ;)

Offline Natara

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 00:36 »
I have the TQ Blacks they replaced Naim Nac A5 in my system (282/200) connected to Dynaudio Xcite 32's more detail and a little bit less Bass but all in all quite an improvement I rate them highly.

Offline oldie

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 15:12 »
The is no thread on Tellurium Q cables, so let me start a thread on this interesting brand of cables that focuses on phase integrity.

Their cables have been winning accolades and rave reviews these recent years. I have been eyeing at their top of the line Silver Diamond cables.

Recently I managed to sell off my aging top of the line Mexcel XLR which was a truly exquisite cable that is able to etch out the micro dynamics of the music while presenting an elegant portrayal of the music. The Mexcel DA63000 is now Mark 3 version and going for in excess of $6k or more. Mine was the original Mark 1 so I decided to sell it off.

I then placed an order for the Silver Diamond XLR from Ray at Raindrop few weeks ago.

The Silver Diamond XLRs are now in my system running in for a few days. They truly live up to their reputation and I understand why they have won so many accolades. The clarity is exceptional, the delivery of the bass is full and firm. Rhythm which is a hallmark of many brit brands is without reproach.

Quite sure the Silver Diamonds will earn the respect of some followers here.

To Bro Composition,   you have heard the Tellurium Q Silver Diamonds ,   the Mexcel  &  High Fidelity cables as well.  How would you rate them if you were to play Reviewer ?  Any comparisons you could give / offer ?  ;D

Offline composition

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 21:33 »
To Bro Composition,   you have heard the Tellurium Q Silver Diamonds ,   the Mexcel  &  High Fidelity cables as well.  How would you rate them if you were to play Reviewer ?  Any comparisons you could give / offer ?  ;D

I ain't no reviewer so I will not attempt to rate any of these cables. All of them have their merits.

Silver Diamond excels in COHERENCE, Mexcel excels in ELEGANCE, High Fidelity excels in, of course, FIDELITY.

LOL

Offline oldie

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 09:25 »
Bro,  u so politically correct....hahahahahahah..... LOL   ;D ;)

Offline cstanxpl

"With such collusions don't it make you wanna SCREAM?"

"Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!"