Author Topic: LG OLED C7 Calibration  (Read 19749 times)

Offline richieleo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: LG OLED C7 Calibration
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 14:28 »
Yea bro Wech, there are so many new settings with new terminology.. Its moving forward so fast.... HDR alone u have HDR 10, Dolby Vision, Technicolour and Hybrid Log Gamma. But its superb even on YouTube. Absolutely stunning and the HDR logo appears confirming signal coming in with HDR metadata. a very nice addition. Im enjoying my system now on all the 4k HDR Blurays. Seeing with my eyes, listening and feeling sub energy etc, all the benefits of the entire system. Very syok! Not only is atmos great, HDR pic quality just blends in nicely. I think a bigger screen would have been nice, but cannot afford too expensive....haha

bry richieleo,
How is it at your end? Played with the tweaks and calibration etc? I did try out the recommended settings using ISF dark, seems to be nicer

Fiddled around with it. Not really happy but I ended up with HDR effect (user) with a medium setting.
My current audio system:

NAC 252 (with Supercap DR with Powerline) NAP 300 (with powerline) NDS with 555PS DR (with powerline) Uniti Core (with powerline) and Focal Utopia Diablo with super lumina cables. Wireworld Matrix 2 with powerline to wall socket.

Offline kim

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 12:29 »
What is a 'good' price for 55C7?

Offline richieleo

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 14:51 »
What is a 'good' price for 55C7?

The prices are pretty much std cos they are new models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My current audio system:

NAC 252 (with Supercap DR with Powerline) NAP 300 (with powerline) NDS with 555PS DR (with powerline) Uniti Core (with powerline) and Focal Utopia Diablo with super lumina cables. Wireworld Matrix 2 with powerline to wall socket.

Offline Wolf

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 22:08 »
If willing to take display set, it'll be cheap.
I got my 65C7 for only 4.2k from Courts 3day Expo show. It was delivered w/ only 32hours usage.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Benq W1070 DLP 3D Projector, Samsung PS59D550 (plasma), Denon AVR-X4000 & Emotiva XPA-3
SVS PB12-plus, Kef Q1, Kef Q9C, Wharfedale WH-2 bipole & Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker (2x)
Playstation 3, XBox 360 & Popcornhour A400
================================
Samsung UA55H6400 (LED LCD), Marantz PM6006, Dali Lektor 6, Popcornhour A300 and Minix A8-h plus

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 23:03 »
That's a good buy! ;D. .... enjoy!

Offline sje4182

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 10:27 »
I got my 65C7 for only 4.2k from Courts 3day Expo show. It was delivered w/ only 32hours usage.

Excellent buy! Only thing is with demo sets it depends on your luck cos the quantity is limited. So even if willing to buy doesn't mean will always have 1 that is available for sale.

Offline debadgedA6

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 12:44 »
As with everything, it's cheaper to buy when you don't need it.
Marantz AV7702 MK II ATMOS 7.2.4  Pre-processor
Marantz MM7025 2 Channel Power Amp 140w x 2
Emotiva XPA3 Gen 3 : 3 Channel Power Amp 275w x 3
Emotiva BasX A-700 : 7 Channel Power Amp 80w x 7
SVS SB-1000 : 12” sealed subwoofer
B&W ASW-610 : 10” sealed subwoofer
2 x SVS Prime Tower - Front
1 x Paradigm Center S3 - Center
6 x SVS Prime Satellites - Heights and & Surround
2 x Dali Zensor 7 - Surround Back

Offline pichalobang

• Snr Member
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 12:54 »
Excellent buy! Only thing is with demo sets it depends on your luck cos the quantity is limited. So even if willing to buy doesn't mean will always have 1 that is available for sale.

Agreed. And IMHO, even if I bought a display set at such a price, I will not post in the forum unless this price is available for many sets for others to buy. Imagine if I'm the Bro who just recently bought the same model at $6.2k and saw his post.  :'(

Offline Wolf

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 13:11 »
Agreed. And IMHO, even if I bought a display set at such a price, I will not post in the forum unless this price is available for many sets for others to buy. Imagine if I'm the Bro who just recently bought the same model at $6.2k and saw his post.  :'(
It should be available for other display price.
One week before I bought my set it was sold at same price by Harvey Norman at Expo. I missed the display set by 1 hour.

Courts initially wanted 4.8k for the display set but after I told them about the earlier offer of Harvey Norman, they agreed.

So for those looking for display sets, you an bargain for same price or less.

Benq W1070 DLP 3D Projector, Samsung PS59D550 (plasma), Denon AVR-X4000 & Emotiva XPA-3
SVS PB12-plus, Kef Q1, Kef Q9C, Wharfedale WH-2 bipole & Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker (2x)
Samsung UA55H6400 (LED LCD), Marantz PM6006, Dali Lektor 6, Popcornhour A300 and Minix A8-h plus

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 13:25 »

Superb Buy! i wouldnt mind a display set too. Its just so good. I was watching the Astronomer video the other day, just stunning the Blacks on the C7. and even on YouTube, was watching the Peppa Pig cartoon, colours are brilliant. So so good!

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 14:03 »

Nah, i wouldnt mind, i think its good he shares. That helps others. Display set is considered second hand. The offer and acceptance is between buyer and seller. I think its his gain, and well done on grabbing it!

Imagine if you bought it now at $6.2k, 6months later price drops to $5.2k, u feel u should have waited. But thats how it is in this industry. If you can wait, for the price to drop, then you will be waiting like forever. Because then comes 2018 model, and you wanna wait again. The cycle continues. Honestly i have waited for 3 years, before going for the C7. Ive decided its enough of waiting. and i really love it, stunning pic. So i didnt mind paying the price for it. the price didnt really drop, it was maintained. just new and more features added.

Life is short, if you find something u r really impressed with and like, and have the means for it, go for it!

Offline pichalobang

• Snr Member
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 15:50 »
Nah, i wouldnt mind, i think its good he shares. That helps others. Display set is considered second hand. The offer and acceptance is between buyer and seller. I think its his gain, and well done on grabbing it!

Imagine if you bought it now at $6.2k, 6months later price drops to $5.2k, u feel u should have waited. But thats how it is in this industry. If you can wait, for the price to drop, then you will be waiting like forever. Because then comes 2018 model, and you wanna wait again. The cycle continues. Honestly i have waited for 3 years, before going for the C7. Ive decided its enough of waiting. and i really love it, stunning pic. So i didnt mind paying the price for it. the price didnt really drop, it was maintained. just new and more features added.

Life is short, if you find something u r really impressed with and like, and have the means for it, go for it!

Bro. Fully agree with your last sentence. Glad that you are enjoying your C7 with no regrets.

Offline sje4182

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 07:49 »

Early adopters pay the "penalty" of a higher price in exchange for the benefit of earlier enjoyment. Same with many other things especially handphones. I have a friend who always buys the previous generation of iphone upon launch of the latest model. His rationale is that each new iphone improvement is pretty small so its better to just buy previous model at much cheaper price.

Offline in1voice

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 10:47 »

When you buy a display set, do you get the particular one on display, or they just send you any display set? I imagine you'll get to sign behind the set to specify it's the one you're choping.

Offline Wolf

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 23:15 »
When you buy a display set, do you get the particular one on display, or they just send you any display set? I imagine you'll get to sign behind the set to specify it's the one you're choping.
You'll get the one on display.  But just make sure to check how long the TV was switched on before buying and take a picture of the serial number behind the tv to make sure you are receiving the same display set you are buying.