Author Topic: Tactile Transducers  (Read 15282 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Tactile Transducers
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2020, 20:47 »
mv -3, omg, I felt too strong with MV -15 for 90% of the movie already,

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

No no, the -3 is BEQ settings for volume. Normally with BEQ, they will let u input the filters. After which, they advise what volumes to play.

If u recall, some movies are mixed louder than others. So u need to adjust the volumes. With BEQ, they scan through the entire sound track. So if u normally listen at MV -20, u need to listen at mv -23 for this movie.

That’s what it means.

Offline ngsk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2020, 20:56 »
Wow, crowsons really 💪🏻 6mm xmax! Crazy, perfect for single digit ulf content

No wonder u r enjoying it so much with your rythmik f18 down to 10hz then crowsons take over below 10hz

I think yours is one of the very few set ups that is able to handle those ulf

No wonder u keep saying syok ! Lol

Haha actually read another post by the BEQ filter creator n decided to follow his advice that's: let the sub handle 12hz an above freq(with authority),use TR devices to supplement ~12hz till single digits areas,as so comes the Crowson MAs with subs @low damping setting,quite a improvement on TR after doing so n lesses stress on the subs amp/driver also. WIN WIN!  ;D ;D ;D
Here's that post:

'I think it's important to draw a distinction between farfield and VNF, since Geo was asking about farfields, and he doesn't already have a $1300 24" driver
As for farfield chest kick, I so often see people on AVS sacrificing <20Hz when choosing/designing farfield subs in the name of chest kick, and they end up with farfield subs capable of 130dB of midbass and far less <20Hz. Then they have to boost the low end and/or cut the high end to shape a response that's tilted the wrong way, and in the process they just change the response to the shape that would have been much more easily achievable by tuning lower, and with tons more headroom <20Hz to boot. And their 130dB of headroom in the midbass does them little to no good as they never ask their subs to even produce 120dB of midbass. I see it all the time, and I just shake my head as it seems to be some "conventional wisdom" that spreads around.
Not that I'm saying you're suggesting that here, it's just that while we're on the topic of chest kick I felt the need to bring it up. In your case, your farfield 24 is capable of ~125dB of midbass all on its own. If that is your only farfield sub and you're flat to, say, 12Hz at reference in-room (I'm just using this as an example, I have no idea what your in-room response actually is) that's more a function of your room than the capabilities of your 24, because even the 24 is only capable of ~105dB natively @ 12Hz. Unfortunately that wouldn't get the job done in my room, because my two subs, which are capable of what 6 24s are capable of at 12Hz, can only just barely get it done.
The main point I'm trying to make is when designing farfield subs, chest kick is the last thing on my mind, because if I build a system capable of reference-level playback <20Hz, it's essentially a guarantee that it's at least as capable in the midbass, and the response (which is what really matters for farfield chest kick IMO) can be tailored to whatever the person wants because the headroom is there across the board. If I don't know what a room response will be like and I have to design a bang-for-the-buck system that will have the best chance to cover all the bases, I'm building 4 subs with UM18s (or multiple JBLs) ported to 12-13Hz. 4 subs will smooth the response really nicely seat-to-seat, and the subs will be capable of 124dB+ natively from 12Hz and up before room gain, boundary gain, and distance loss. In most rooms, 2 subs would get it done, just without the additional response smoothing of 4 subs. In most smaller rooms, 2-4 sealed will get it done.
Then of course add some pure TR devices and VNF sub(s) to take care of the remaining areas.'

Although he's talking about DIY sub but IMO same apply to buying sub,if possible get the 1 that can go lower with authority,12hz is the sweet spot.

Offline keai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2020, 23:23 »
No no, the -3 is BEQ settings for volume. Normally with BEQ, they will let u input the filters. After which, they advise what volumes to play.

If u recall, some movies are mixed louder than others. So u need to adjust the volumes. With BEQ, they scan through the entire sound track. So if u normally listen at MV -20, u need to listen at mv -23 for this movie.

That’s what it means.
got it loud and clear, thanks bro!

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2020, 07:54 »
got it loud and clear, thanks bro!

Yes, 🙏 ^5!

That’s the best part with BEQ. Not only does it restore ULF content, it also tells u how loud the movies are mixed and to use “x” MV levels for a more balanced listening experience

What follows is u do away with the remote, eliminates the need to standby with the remote in case too loud or too soft for certain movies

Best part of BEQ, is it brings a very nice tonal balance to the entire sound track, everything sounds balanced, not overwhelming or the reverse

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2020, 08:41 »
With that BEQ stuff, what u can also do is adjust either the levels on the crowsons amp by -3 or adjust the levels on the Oppo -6 steps, each step is a reduction of 0.5db on the Oppo, if u use the LFE preout for the signal into Crowson amplifier

It’s also recommended to use single preout, with two cables going into Left and Right each on the crowsons. That way, it provides for a better signal transmission from LFE into crowsons. levels will also change +6db

Ideally if u listen at -19 levels on the D501 from crowsons with Oppo at 100 volume,

You can either adjust the d501 to -16db or adjust the Oppo levels to 94. Both will result in -3db reduced levels. So u don’t find the shake overwhelming for this particular movie Ford vs Ferrari

That’s what the MV on the BEQ means.

Definitely explore BEQ now that u own the crowsons, WORTH IT!