Author Topic: F1 2017  (Read 18172 times)

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
F1 2017
« on: March 18, 2017, 23:45 »
The craziness starts again end of this week. Will take some races to see who is really showing their hand in testing and who is not.

Will this be SG's last year in the calendar? Lets hope not...Maybe MY will be gone after 2018...

Looking forward to getting more viewing of other events on the days...but fear thats not going to happen  :(
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
Re: F1 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 20:39 »
The usual suspects in the First and Second Practice run today...Mercedes > Ferrari > Red Bull........again Hamster is the one to catch! :)

Offline scoobydoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • In Naim, I trust.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 22:13 »
Sianz. Seems like same old same old. can't stand the hamster.
In Naim, I trust.

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30 »
Another couple of hours and the gloves will be off and the hands will shown...see who is sand bagging and who is not
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:35 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline francis wu

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 14:54 »
Oh oh, Ricciardo is out!  Drama :o

Offline francis wu

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 15:33 »
Pole tomorrow for Hamster!  Vettel second and Bottas third!  Hope there will be drama on the tracks otherwise it will be another boring race! :P

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 22:22 »
Always drama in Melbourne especially with the odd rookie in the mix mid field

Offline francis wu

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 14:36 »
The Silver Arrows were second and third to the winner Ferrari!   Mercedes would know what to do in the next race after choosing to pit first which was a mistake this round!  The new tyres can last the whole race I think....wow! :)

Offline flowerpot

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 17:31 »
Merc cars is suffering tyre degradation more worst than Ferrari... The early pit stop is pretty much a no choice strategy... In terms of out right pace Mercs has the slight edge but Ferrari has the edge on the tires... so the whole season we will see the Mercs will have the edge in qualifying but the Ferrari will has the slight advantage in the race if their pace is close to the Mercs.... It will be interesting to see each teams strategy... Mercs will try to manage the pace early to keep track position and dun lose the tires too early and Ferrari will try to keep as close to the Mercs as possible to pounce on them like today...

Offline francis wu

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 19:17 »
The reason behind Hamster's decision to pit earlier than planned!! :)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128663/vettel-verstappen-key-to-beating-hamilton

Offline jerms

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 02:11 »
the cars looking fuglier than ever.

remove the stoopid cowling.

Offline blue_starfish

• I am a hi-fi dinosaur as I love analog
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 13:04 »
This year the cars are wider, use fatter tyres, have bigger wings for more down force. Meant to promote more over taking. However we saw only few moves in Australia and Ferrari resorted to pit stop under-cut in order for Vettel to get past Hamilton. Hamilton himself could not get past Verstappen despite having a superior handling and obviously faster car on fresh tyres vs Verstappen's worn tyres.

Reason is that the new wings create so much air turbulence, that a car following close behind by a second, suffers a loss in down force and consequent stability. Thus cannot get close enough to overtake. We saw 2 superior cars get past Alonso, only because Alonso made a mistake. If he had not, they would have not been able to get past him.

Let's see if the next 2 races over fast circuits in China and Bahrain see more overtaking maneuvers.     

Offline scoobydoo

• In Naim, I trust.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 14:13 »
However we saw only few moves in Australia and Ferrari resorted to pit stop under-cut in order for Vettel to get past Hamilton.

They call that the "overcut".
In Naim, I trust.

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 15:56 »
Actually melb always been hard to overtake like many street circuits.

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 11:25 »
Here we are in China...rain yes but the low cloud has killed the P1 session effectively and not many got any real running time.

Game over for the morning session.