Author Topic: Opp Sonica DAC discussion  (Read 9156 times)

Offline AndrewC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Opp Sonica DAC discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 17:22 »
My argument is DAC is strictly a digital to analog converter; converting PCM/DSD into analog. It is not a renderer but a converter, it is as simple as that. You can find more information below:

https://techterms.com/definition/rendering

For two IDs, I've accidentally mixed up and my apology to you. Normally I use the one for selling my Hi-Fi gears while the other strictly for forum discussion. You can also find me in Roon discussion too.

Dude, it’s in the context of the DLNA!! Not a general-purpose technical use of the word Renderer. Pretty stupid to point to some tech glossary!! If you’re going to argue, at least do some proper homework first lah ::) ; I bet you haven’t even read the DLNA specs have you… I expect not. So, here’s a clues;

ISO/IEC 29341-3-2:2008(E) defines a general-purpose device template that can be used to instantiate any Consumer Electronic (CE) device that is capable of rendering AV content from the home network[/b].

Media Renderer devices are used in conjunction with one or more Media Server device(s) to allow a Control Point to render entertainment (AV) content (e.g. video, music, images, etc) that is discovered on a MediaServer device within the home network.

Get it? ... “device that is capable of rendering AV content” - to render AV content in this context means to convert a digital stream into audio or video. Every DNLA rendering end-point device has to have a DAC built-in, both audio and video.

ps: No need to apologise to me about interchangably using two IDs… just want to let you know we’re not stupid, you can’t pretend to be two different people — I notice you’ve deleted that original post where you’re asking a question with one ID, and then later with the other ID you’re pretending to know what you’re talking about. That’s dodgy behaviour. Some forums (like Audio Asylum) strictly forbid such behaviour, obviously X’place closes one eye.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 17:45 by AndrewC »
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline Joel3Cv2

• Snr Member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 19:37 »
As a matter of interest have any of you listened to the Prism Sound Callia?

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 19:12 »
OT: Hate to beat a dead house, but…

Your quote 'No need to apologise to me about interchangably using two IDs… just want to let you know we’re not stupid, you can’t pretend to be two different people — I notice you’ve deleted that original post where you’re asking a question with one ID, and then later with the other ID you’re pretending to know what you’re talking about. That’s dodgy behaviour. Some forums (like Audio Asylum) strictly forbid such behaviour, obviously X’place closes one eye'.

As I described previously I've no intention of using two different IDs for a forum discussion as it is mixed up when i didn't log off from the previous ID after I sold off my hi-fi gear. Only then I realised I got the ID mixed up. As I already did my part to clarify and apologised the confusion to those who in forum. I and you have stumbled upon our differences in the opinions for some of subjects posted before, but I want to add in is this forum is a learning ground for many of us here, let don't get too loggerheads over it.

No, we haven’t had any difference of opinions… When you post wrong technical information, expect to be corrected. It’s not an opinion and nothing personal. When you don’t accept the correction in the face of clear evidence but insist on your mistaken view, you’re not learning, you’re just being obstinate.

As for using two IDs… here’s what transpired in this thread from my point of view;
- April 27th you posted as guymrob and clearly you don’t even know how DLNA and SMB works differently when using a NAS
- April 29th I replied to guymrob explaining how things actually work
- May 9 you replied to my post unsolicited as MusicEar and suddenly you’re an “expert” on DLNA and SMB. And when you’re corrected on mistaken information, you argue ::)

Your excuse of accidental ID login doesn’t explain the content of your posts as either ID. I don’t really know your motivation or whether you were using two IDs as a sockpuppet, but luckily all posts were quoted in this thread, so the evidence is there.
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline Sound Affairs

• PLiXiR Balanced Power Products.
    • Sound Affairs
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 10:27 »
Hi,

OPPO Sonica DAC is now available in Singapore, from Sound Affairs Pte Ltd.   We now also have a relaunch promotion for OPPO products. 

More infos here : http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=265330.0

thanks.

James.
PLiXiR Balanced AC Power Conditioners/DC Supplies and Cables.  Made in Singapore.

Swiss PSI Active Bass Traps and Active Speakers

OPPO Digital Distributor and Product Modifications Centre.

DAC and Digital source modifications with True Femto Clock modules.

Other Brands : MELCO, Black Cat Cables, Weiss Digital, Benchmark, Bfly, Frank Ultrabank Products UB25000

www.mysoundaffairs.com

Offline Sound Affairs

• Sound Affairs
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 08:57 »
Promotion for the OPPO SONICA ESS9038PRO DAC, that supports tidal and spotify directly here.  Has built in Wifi as well for wireless integration! 

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=278426.0

Last few units, so this is it if you are keen on one of the best valued DAC (features and performance) !

James.
PLiXiR Balanced AC Power Conditioners/DC Supplies and Cables.  Made in Singapore.

Other Brands : MELCO, Black Cat Cables, Weiss Digital, Benchmark, Bfly, Frank Ultrabank Products UB25000

www.mysoundaffairs.com

Offline Sound Affairs

• Sound Affairs
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 09:09 »
Sound Affairs Xtreme Modded OPPO SONICA DAC Close Out Sale.

All things considered, this will be the BEST Value and Best Performance DAC in its class of Streamer / DAC. 

More infos here : http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=283182.msg1301121;topicseen#new

Thanks!

James.

www.mysoundaffairs.com