Author Topic: SoundTech MC15 Bookshelf Speaker  (Read 10870 times)

Offline SHL-5

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SoundTech MC15 Bookshelf Speaker
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2017, 02:01 »
Wow!  Alvin, are you implying that the MC 15 is as good or even superior to the SHL5+?

Even In my 6.5m X 6m hall, the MC15 sounds surprisingly full bodied yet delicate, sweet, seductive & above all, extremely musical. So much so that i dun have any urge to want to go back to my SHL-5 & WLM la scala. I just dun miss the bigger speakers.
Harbeth & LFD = Musical bliss to the max!
Something of a spiritual bond can arise between a Harbeth owner and the Harbeth owned

Offline alvin1118

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2017, 10:04 »
Even In my 6.5m X 6m hall, the MC15 sounds surprisingly full bodied yet delicate, sweet, seductive & above all, extremely musical. So much so that i dun have any urge to want to go back to my SHL-5 & WLM la scala. I just dun miss the bigger speakers.

Thanks for the compliment bro SHL-5. Maybe need to change your nickname to MC15 soon ?   ;D

New batch coming in end of May, anyone ?

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2017, 14:33 »
Wow... super good reviews

Are they going to come up with a centre speaker for this model?

If yes , it might be a good option for HT lover like me too who likes good music thoughmy music usage is less than 20%

Offline alvin1118

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2017, 15:42 »
No leh, perhaps can share with a bro who wants to get one for center ?

Offline SHL-5

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2017, 18:12 »
Hi all, doing a heads up for Alvin. Anyone residing in the east who are keen to listen to these mini marvels can pop by my plc for a dem. At Alvin's revised price, this makes the mc15 a super no brainer buy. Save for scale & bass extension, even some mega buck spks dun have the subtlety, finesse, delicacy & texture of the MC15 when it comes to reproducing vocals & acoustic instruments. And for its size, the MC15's soundstaging, stereo imaging & depth is beyond reproach. Those keen to listen can PM me & we can arrange from there. Thks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 18:15 by SHL-5 »
Something of a spiritual bond can arise between a Harbeth owner and the Harbeth owned

Offline xviralx

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2017, 22:03 »
Do these work in a nearfield setup? Understand hifi speakers usually require a minimum distance from the speaker, as well as spacing between the speakers for them to work their magic.

Offline SHL-5

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2017, 23:55 »
The MC15 owes its lineage to the venerable bbc 3/5A and as such, is ideal for nearfield listening or monitoring.

Offline andylovesaudio

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2017, 00:26 »
Question... for nearfield listening ... what's the max distance? Is there a rule of thumb?

Thanks

Offline SHL-5

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2017, 03:02 »
Nope there's no hard & fast rule for this. Experiment for best results. Rough gauge abt 4 to 5 feet.

Offline sevenz

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2017, 14:10 »
Keen to explore this speaker for HT front 3 speakers.

Bros who are using this speaker, given its musical qualities,  do u think it will do well for for HT? My usage - 70% movies,  20% bd concerts, 10% radio/ music.

I am currently using b&w 704, driven by rotel 1095 power amp and marantz as pre.

Offline sevenz

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2017, 16:23 »
Hi all, doing a heads up for Alvin. Anyone residing in the east who are keen to listen to these mini marvels can pop by my plc for a dem. At Alvin's revised price, this makes the mc15 a super no brainer buy. Save for scale & bass extension, even some mega buck spks dun have the subtlety, finesse, delicacy & texture of the MC15 when it comes to reproducing vocals & acoustic instruments. And for its size, the MC15's soundstaging, stereo imaging & depth is beyond reproach. Those keen to listen can PM me & we can arrange from there. Thks.

wah i think you are really mesmerised by the MC15  ;D ;D I hear already also drool. haha