Author Topic: 3D TV is dead?  (Read 3419 times)

Online bluepill193

• Trade Count: (+1)
Re: 3D TV is dead?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 15:34 »
Agree with congster, especially when the clip-on passive glasses are so comfortable to use with my LG oled tv

Offline louco73

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Louco73's Place on the Internet
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 20:16 »
This thread made me go back and re-read what I wrote in 2011 about 3D. http://www.louco73.com/2011/06/why-consumer-3d/

Perhaps I should write another one on curved screens! I agree that they are probably the next fad to go, but perhaps have a place for monitors?
http://www.louco73.com to see some of my home theatre and hi-fi journey.

Offline Corona11

• Never take a Windtalker seriously.......
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 20:38 »
does the curve screen tv add to the movie experience ? i have never felt it to do so but i do enjoy a 3d movie
Stay away, it gives a bow effect.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Offline sje4182

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 16:51 »

I for one have enjoyed watching 3D movies on my LG. The inconvenience of wearing the 3D glass was well compensated by the 3D effect. Luckily at least LG's 3D glasses are the very light type so they weren't that bad. The scene towards the end of Max Mad: Fury Road where the wheel came flying out had me ducking my head down!

As for curved screens, i don't see any problem with it. In fact now when i look at straight screens, i prefer my curved one - the last 20% of the both ends of the straight TV becomes like peripheral vision to me. But of course those who have always been watching straight tv won't feel this way. The brain has a wonderful ability to adjust itself.

Offline BozQ

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 18:39 »
There's a new hope. PlayStation VR will support 3D Blu-rays in an upcoming patch. This is a great alternative once my current 3D TV is busted.

Now to figure where to get the VR set.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Corona11

• Never take a Windtalker seriously.......
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 15:12 »
I for one have enjoyed watching 3D movies on my LG. The inconvenience of wearing the 3D glass was well compensated by the 3D effect. Luckily at least LG's 3D glasses are the very light type so they weren't that bad. The scene towards the end of Max Mad: Fury Road where the wheel came flying out had me ducking my head down!

As for curved screens, i don't see any problem with it. In fact now when i look at straight screens, i prefer my curved one - the last 20% of the both ends of the straight TV becomes like peripheral vision to me. But of course those who have always been watching straight tv won't feel this way. The brain has a wonderful ability to adjust itself.
Either your TV is not big or you are sitting very close to the screen, I am sitting about 4m and viewing a curved screen, it had perspective distortion, the edges are closer than the center and if you view it in true theater environment with all lights off you can perceive a slight bow shape, also curved screen looks smaller compared to a flat screen.

Offline sje4182

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 22:09 »
Either your TV is not big or you are sitting very close to the screen, I am sitting about 4m and viewing a curved screen, it had perspective distortion, the edges are closer than the center and if you view it in true theater environment with all lights off you can perceive a slight bow shape, also curved screen looks smaller compared to a flat screen.

I am about 1.8m to my 55" screen lol