Author Topic: REW questions  (Read 23839 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: REW questions
« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2019, 10:41 »
Thanks. Bought the editor app and run Audyssey again after doing the above with impulse aligned. My Denon comes into live and the bass is so much better. Everything seem kind of aligned. Need to run REW again to verify. It is a must to get the Audyssey Editor App, now can curb my upgrading bug for a while till I get the DIRAC enabled AVR. Happy man now. Any more valuable advices, bro?

Thats all bro! great effort. The whole purpose is to make sure everything is done before the room correction, this then allows for adequate computational resources from Audyssey for room correction and blending of mains with subs. Its sort of like a head start for Audyssey.

Once you have completed the process, its calibrated to reference. You can then fine tune further by absolute Level matching with a spl meter for the rest of the speakers.

You then proceed to listen, then tweak to your preference with the House Curve, no right or wrong here. generally, the larger the space, the less steep the house curve. The smaller the room, the steeper the knee on the house curve.

in your case, maybe a 4-8db rise from 100-30hz as a start, have a listen, rinse and repeat until you are happy with what u hear and feel.

You can also further fine tune or time align individual speakers, by looking at the impulse. if its way off, then adjust, otherwise, just trust audyssey. i normally dont touch it, as it affects group delay. Its more of a process to verify if the room correction is done correctly. So that 1st measurement is the most critical when running audyssey.

Then finally after house curve, measure for Harmonic Distortion on Subwoofers, and do a quick compression test to verify that the subs are not stressed during demanding scenes

Thats about it

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2019, 10:54 »
Super good

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2019, 11:33 »
This thread makes me feel like going back to play with REW all over again especially with Audyssey coming back to my life again...Sold off my miniDSP 2x4 about a year ago after I feel Anthem ARC provided me with excellent results.

Offline rayleh

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2019, 11:48 »
Thanks again, I did fine-tune a bit last night and was really impressed. Although the ringing is still not really optimal. House curve will be next. Harmonic Distortion and Compression Test will need to seek your guidance again. :)

@Desray, you should try to get the 2x4 HD from miniDSP. It has more filter resolutions than the 2x4, also can upgrade with DIRAC for additional $.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2019, 12:36 »
Thanks again, I did fine-tune a bit last night and was really impressed. Although the ringing is still not really optimal. House curve will be next. Harmonic Distortion and Compression Test will need to seek your guidance again. :)

@Desray, you should try to get the 2x4 HD from miniDSP. It has more filter resolutions than the 2x4, also can upgrade with DIRAC for additional $.

Thanks for the tip...will consider :)