Author Topic: VINSHINE AUDIO DAC-R2R-REF  (Read 12695 times)

Offline alvin1118

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • VINSHINE AUDIO
Re: VINSHINE AUDIO DAC-R2R-REF
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 09:07 »
I check with my TNS friend if he's keen. He's looking for a preamp with balanced out and don't mind getting one with built in DAC.
Okay thanks bro. Pls dont tell him the company I work for owe his company money for months.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline adn6244

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 12:20 »
Run in with a few more albums using my fiio x3 gen 1. While playing with it, I dig out my paper weight iphone 4 with a cheapo camera connector kit and connect to USB....surprisingly it works with no error message at all. Will see how I can connect iPhone 7 to it.  ;D

Offline alvin1118

• VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 23:10 »
Customer setup:

S'pore:

Hawaii:

US Michigan:

Offline gerlim

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 16:31 »
I got my unit last week but did not have the opportunity for a serious listen til much later...I did hook it up for a quick listen earlier on but felt it would be a mistake to form any opinion on it til it has been given a chance to settle in. A repeated playback of a burn in track helped.

To cut the story short, the build of the unit feels solid with a heft that inspires confidence. It looks and feel very well put together.

The SQ after the brief burn in period sounded substantially better than my initial impression.  The sound is tonally balance in a way I like. No harshness yet the details are there. It has an organic feel to it with the images kind of having a 3D feel to them. I really like the sound I am gettng.

Thanks Alvin for getting this project done. It was a longer wait than expected but great end result.

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 15:17 »
Alvin has been nothing if not helpful. I was facing some issues in using the RS232 port and he was kind and patient enough to help to troubleshoot it. Even so much as to come over and test with another unit and another USB adaptor. The issue was with my RS232 USB adaptor. The lesson learnt is to buy a good adaptor as not all adaptors are created equal.

The RS232 issue could be related to what Soekris posted in this post.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/259488-reference-dac-module-discrete-r-2r-sign-magnitude-24-bit-384-khz-118.html#post4205710

Be aware that the serial port transceiver on the dam1021 R-2R DAC has power saving enabled, to reduce noise, it need valid RS-232 level on the RXD line to power up. If your USB-Serial dongle also have power saving then you have a problem....

It is hard to find a flaw with the DAC. The casework is impeccably finished and is very solid. The sound is nothing short of impressive with it's ability to retrieve details and separation. The built-in amp is nice to have but I'll just output line out to an external amp. Support from Alvin is also top notch.

Offline gs11tan

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 16:19 »
After run in for two weeks, my unit is singing beautifully, my change over from my Yulong DA8 has been very straigh forward, no issues at all. My set up sound best when use the Var instead of fix setting, set the vol of Dac at 60 % of it's range and slowing increase my pre until the sound stage become so opened, that is . You might need to adjust the pre vol a little when change to new album or when you change to new source input . Use good Usb cable make lot of difference , I am getting the Usb purifier from Alvin again, couldn't wait to hear the improvement I will get when that add in to my set up, he he ! In short, this new Dac is the best investment I have made in my recent hi Fi journey. Thank for reading.

Offline alvin1118

• VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 11:13 »
Stunning photos , guess what camera was used to take them ?

Enjoy the music guys!

Online kiat

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 12:40 »

Enjoy the music guys!

Can ask what's the battery for?

Offline alvin1118

• VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 12:53 »
Hi kiat, the battery pack is for the iFi. Customer trying the lineout to external headphone amp

Online kiat

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 15:14 »
Hi kiat, the battery pack is for the iFi. Customer trying the lineout to external headphone amp

Offline alvin1118

• VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 15:59 »
Welcome sir  ;D

Offline alvin1118

• VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 11:07 »
Customer Review:

(The DAC) Already it beat my red wine audio isabellina with full options with premium tubes..

It is honest,  you will not believe the amount of headphone amps I have.....Heh heh... the a/b (test) is not from memory. ....that is why I don't sell my used amps...Also wanted to be sure the sq are different in a way not from 'maybe' or memory but actual same source, same headphones.

I too, will buy another set if I have extra cash....it is that good, I have lots of tube amps, lazy to unplug and plug the cables, there is something about the r2r dac.....I am not good with words but the ears cannot lie, it is just very additive. I have about 20 headphones from cheap to hd800, t1, ps1000, low impedance to high impedance,  it just drive them well to their potential. Except that the high impedance ones, the volume is at 12 o'clock onwards and I feel good that I am able to turn to 12 o'clock as even with amps designed for high impedance,  I am not able to turn above 10 o'clock before hurting the ears.

;D

Offline julery

• Snr Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 19:35 »
Anyone wu holo to compare boh?

Offline alvin1118

• VINSHINE AUDIO
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2016, 14:54 »
Season's greetings! Wishing all members enjoy the holiday season with your love one!  :)

I've a few new sets, Bros who interested may contact me to t-loan it. You get to listen with your own setup to judge the performance.

Perhaps like the superbestaudiofriend forum, the staff there requested a loan unit from me so that music lover in the US can get hold of the dac to have a listen.

Bro interested, pls sign up the loaner program. It's pretty simple:

Procedure:

1. I will send the DAC to the first guy.
2. The guy shall hold it for max 3days.
3. The guy who's holding the DAC shall be responsible to send it to the next guy .
4. Repeat (2)

So loaners get to contribute one way delivery. There are many courier available, I'd recommend Gogovan. It cost about $15 to deliver within 2hrs anytime. I can assist in some logistic matter like for example, getting in touch with the guy who's holding the DAC and contact the next guy etc.

Bro who would like to buy the demo unit can get it at a way below cost price. Also bros who participated in the loaner program and would like to buy the DAC get special price too. Pls contact me for prices.  ;D

That's it. Keep the list rolling!

Many thanks!

Rgds,
Alvin Chee
976846six2

Loaner Program List:

Offline kimurastanley

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2016, 15:35 »
Loaner program list:
1. Kimurastanley