Author Topic: Oppo UDP 203 & 205 UHD players  (Read 216851 times)

Offline Ccyao

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Oppo UDP 203 & 205 UHD players
« Reply #1200 on: May 22, 2020, 08:51 »
Go into your BenQ settings, set the hdmi equaliser to a higher value. See if u still encounter Signal drop out. This setting is available in isf mode

I’ve been using this brand from China “ Moshou. Fiber hdmi 2.1 15 meters, smooth and no stutter , no issues so far even on 12k material

Monoprice is the worst from my experience, i would avoid that. Not sure about the new batch now, but once bitten twice shy
Thanks bro!
Will try the setting later.

I think I'm using Monoprice HDMI Cable for some of my devices to my AVR. That should not affect the handshake between the AVR to the project Right? Never encounter any problem when I watch on Oled TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gears: LG 75UJ657T, Denon X7200WA, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, SVS Prime Center/Bookshelf(Front)/Satellite(Surround), AG Micro x 4 for Atmos, dual Rythmik LVX12, Popcorn Hour A-500, xBox One S, Synology DS416.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #1201 on: May 22, 2020, 14:19 »
Thanks bro!
Will try the setting later.

I think I'm using Monoprice HDMI Cable for some of my devices to my AVR. That should not affect the handshake between the AVR to the project Right? Never encounter any problem when I watch on Oled TV.

ah haaaa.... so u are using Monoprice HDMI, now i see. i would first offload that. or use that for other things like PC or other not so important stuff. probably get a better decent one, fiber ones. i think for the price of the fiber, 10m run, you can try the Moshou, im using that so far so good, price is reasonable. there are also other expensive ones, but the moushou ones have been serving me well. no issues for the past 1 year or so. There are others like ruipro or fibbr or Blue Jeans different brand names. check out how others are using it. if you ask me, i will advise, swap out the monoprice HDMI.......

Offline Ccyao

« Reply #1202 on: May 22, 2020, 19:52 »
ah haaaa.... so u are using Monoprice HDMI, now i see. i would first offload that. or use that for other things like PC or other not so important stuff. probably get a better decent one, fiber ones. i think for the price of the fiber, 10m run, you can try the Moshou, im using that so far so good, price is reasonable. there are also other expensive ones, but the moushou ones have been serving me well. no issues for the past 1 year or so. There are others like ruipro or fibbr or Blue Jeans different brand names. check out how others are using it. if you ask me, i will advise, swap out the monoprice HDMI.......
I'm using 10m Ruipro fiber optic cable from AVR to Benq. I mean I do use Monoprice hdmi from other devices like Apple tv to AVR. My AVR is connected to both Benq W5700 and LG Oled. No problem when watching on oled. So I'm thinking that should not be the reason..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gears: LG 75UJ657T, Denon X7200WA, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, SVS Prime Center/Bookshelf(Front)/Satellite(Surround), AG Micro x 4 for Atmos, dual Rythmik LVX12, Popcorn Hour A-500, xBox One S, Synology DS416.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #1203 on: May 28, 2020, 17:25 »
Anyone know a way (hack) to change the wallpapers for the Oppo UDP-203?

Offline lingweiko

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1204 on: June 16, 2020, 17:37 »
The remote on my 203, the contact became a bit rusted after battery leak. Anyone know where to get a replacement remote?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #1205 on: June 16, 2020, 21:30 »
The remote on my 203, the contact became a bit rusted after battery leak. Anyone know where to get a replacement remote?

If cannot find a replacement remote (which I think not possible since Oppo no longer manufacturing bluray player). You can download the Oppo Media Control app. It is very good and can replace the remote controller with ease.

Offline lingweiko

« Reply #1206 on: June 17, 2020, 09:54 »
Yes using that now which is very good but not quite seamless experience. Always need to fumble a bit

Offline watchdog

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #1207 on: June 17, 2020, 12:02 »
Don't throw the remote away. If you remote was button facing up, most of the leakage would not have seeped into the PCB. Clean the contacts out thoroughly, using white vinegar and finally isopropyl alcohol. If you are very handy, you can also find replacement contact springs from surplus suppliers like Koba.

Next time use heavy duty batteries or rechargeable batteries only. Almost all of my accidents have been with Alkaline ones.
Less is more !

Offline StephenBishop

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1208 on: June 29, 2020, 15:29 »
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this comment in but as an Oppo 205 user I was very pleasantly surprised and thought some other owners may be interested!

My 10 year old 4-bay Intel Atom based NAS started to give me low disk storage alerts. I then had a choice of either putting in larger disks or adding a new NAS with more bays and larger disks and using my old NAS as a back up for critical files. I decided on the latter and bought an 8-bay QNAP Intel Core I-5 NAS.

Surprised and delighted when I found out that I could stream 4K UHD and 1080P Bluray ISO files directly over DLNA to my Oppo 205 and also my Sony UBP-X700. Appears that the QNAP transcodes the 4K UHD and 1080P Bluray ISO files on the fly. No stutters whatsoever over my GBE lan connection and although no UHD or Bluray menu, full choice of subtitle and audio track selection including the Atmos track via the remote. Super thrilled.

Unfortunately doesn't work as well on my Panny UB820- the transcoding is fine but I am unable to choose the audio track or choose the subtitles.

Will cross post also on the Sony 4K Player Discussion Thread in case any Sony UBP-X700 player owners are interested.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 15:33 by StephenBishop »

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #1209 on: June 29, 2020, 16:30 »
If cannot find a replacement remote (which I think not possible since Oppo no longer manufacturing bluray player). You can download the Oppo Media Control app. It is very good and can replace the remote controller with ease.

I also have a recent problem with Oppo remote - after discovering one of the battery connection leaked slightly, I clean up the spring connector & inserted new batteries twice - both times, I discovered that after a few hours, the affected battery slot (each time with 2 new batteries) "sweats" i.e. some slight condensation seen on the battery.
Can't be that both new batteries are faulty - so it must be the remote, right? Remote is still usable though, but I'm afraid to just leave the batteries inside.

Also, FYI, SG doesn't sell Oppo remote replacements, & Oppo USA & AU only sells them within each country.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 16:32 by kuryakin »

Offline rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Click below URL @Bass EQ for Filtered Movies!
    • Bass EQ for Filtered Movies
« Reply #1210 on: June 29, 2020, 17:53 »
I also have a recent problem with Oppo remote - after discovering one of the battery connection leaked slightly, I clean up the spring connector & inserted new batteries twice - both times, I discovered that after a few hours, the affected battery slot (each time with 2 new batteries) "sweats" i.e. some slight condensation seen on the battery.
Can't be that both new batteries are faulty - so it must be the remote, right? Remote is still usable though, but I'm afraid to just leave the batteries inside.

Also, FYI, SG doesn't sell Oppo remote replacements, & Oppo USA & AU only sells them within each country.

I have this same issue too. some more it's bundled batteries.......purchased the the no leak logo better batteries
I took out the batteries already as only used it weekend.
100% HT Lover  2.35:1 150' CYRUS Phantom Grey MK II 4k/UHD
BenQ W2700 4K HDR DV*Arcana 18Gbps  Source: Oppo UDP-203 & Zidoo Z1000 PRO
Cinénova Grande 5 l Denon AVR-X4400H Pre-out @7.2.4
Miller & Kreisel® S150 THX Ultra2 Monitor L\C\R ,K4BK Tripole Front Heights 
Dual Rythmik FV18s @miniDSP 2x4 HD\WI-DG *BEQ*

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #1211 on: June 29, 2020, 18:04 »
I have been using Panasonic Eneloop for many years.  I have not experienced any battery leakage from Eneloop in the various remote controls.

(Audio)

Offline kuryakin

« Reply #1212 on: June 29, 2020, 18:15 »
I usually use heavy duty (non alkaline) batteries in remote (eg Sony Silver or GP Green).

I guess I will just insert battery whenever I wish to use the Oppo remote & remove it afterwards like bro rock123....

Offline rayleh

« Reply #1213 on: June 29, 2020, 18:30 »
I have been using Panasonic Eneloop for many years.  I have not experienced any battery leakage from Eneloop in the various remote controls.

(Audio)

+1

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #1214 on: June 29, 2020, 18:38 »

(Audio)

+1, same here on eneloop, 0 issues

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal