Author Topic: Oppo UDP 203 & 205 UHD players  (Read 166385 times)

Offline sje4182

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Oppo UDP 203 & 205 UHD players
« Reply #1095 on: January 03, 2019, 10:35 »
I do not own the 93. However my experience with 103 and 203 is that they run pretty cool. I have run them non stop for more than 2 days during run in and they are just slight warm to the touch.

Thanks! Now i am a bit concerned :(

Offline Audio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #1096 on: January 03, 2019, 10:41 »
Thanks! Now i am a bit concerned :(

Nothing to be concerned about.  How many years had this 93 had survived at this temperature?  It is still working now, isn't it? 

(Audio)

Offline sje4182

« Reply #1097 on: January 03, 2019, 11:56 »
Nothing to be concerned about.  How many years had this 93 had survived at this temperature?  It is still working now, isn't it? 

(Audio)

Well i got it from someone who rarely used it (the set is practically new) and even when he did he usually connected external storage devices and not play from disc.

Offline Audiolab

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #1098 on: January 03, 2019, 13:18 »
Just get it check to get a piece of mind if you are worried.

Well i got it from someone who rarely used it (the set is practically new) and even when he did he usually connected external storage devices and not play from disc.

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
« Reply #1099 on: January 03, 2019, 13:43 »
Took a look at the internals and the PSU is on the left side when looking at the front of the player. So not sure why you feel the heat is on the right side. If the heat is not really extreme, just leave it alone. Else pop the cover and check if anything is amiss.
Playback for a while and determine which part or component is generating the heat.

Anyway, just wanted to raise a small concern. When i picked up the player after the player was in use for about an hour, the player case was very warm! Esepcially the right side (when facing the player). The underneath was very hot (the kind where it's like when you touch a hot pan and recoil back in reflex). Even my Emotiva XPA 2 doesn't get near this hot! My other blu ray players were never even warm when in use.

I have since put some USB fan coolers over the case of the player but thought i should ask with OPPO experts whether this is normal?

"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #1100 on: January 03, 2019, 14:03 »
Just use it.  It is a pre-owned unit.

If you are concern, in the first place, you shouldn't be buying a pre-owned unit.  You shouldn't be buying concerns and worries into your life.

(Audio)

Offline sje4182

« Reply #1101 on: January 03, 2019, 14:21 »
Took a look at the internals and the PSU is on the left side when looking at the front of the player. So not sure why you feel the heat is on the right side. If the heat is not really extreme, just leave it alone. Else pop the cover and check if anything is amiss.
Playback for a while and determine which part or component is generating the heat.

Yep, will just leave it alone. Was just checking if this is a common issue.

Thanks!

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #1102 on: January 12, 2019, 18:53 »
Hi all,

My oppo 203 remote suddenly cannot work. So I follow the steps below & everything was working again.

Remove the batteries from the remote control:

1. Press and hold the POWER button on the remote control for 3 seconds. Release.
2. Press and hold the SOURCE button on the remote control for 3 seconds. Release.
3. Repeat until all the buttons on the remote control have been pressed and held, individually, for 3 seconds each.
4. Replace the batteries with new ones (note: we do not recommend using Lithium batteries with the OPPO Remote).
5. Rotate the batteries in their compartment to ensure proper contact with the metal leads.
6. Change the dip switch at the bottom of the battery compartment to II or III.
7. Press the OPEN button on the front panel of the player so the tray ejects.
8. Aim the remote control at the front panel of the player and press and hold the ENTER button on the remote for 5 seconds.
9. The front panel should show CODE 2 or CODE 3.
If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #1103 on: January 12, 2019, 19:08 »
Hi all,

My oppo 203 remote suddenly cannot work. So I follow the steps below & everything was working again.

1. Press and hold the POWER button on the remote control for 3 seconds. Release.
2. Press and hold the SOURCE button on the remote control for 3 seconds. Release.
3. Repeat until all the buttons on the remote control have been pressed and held, individually, for 3 seconds each.
4. Replace the batteries with new ones (note: we do not recommend using Lithium batteries with the OPPO Remote).
5. Rotate the batteries in their compartment to ensure proper contact with the metal leads.
8. Aim the remote control at the front panel of the player and press and hold the ENTER button on the remote for 5 seconds.

Yes, sometimes it does that...just changed dip switch from one code to another and go to the settings on the player accordingly.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #1104 on: January 13, 2019, 14:27 »
Hi all,

Wah so many steps... thanks for sharing, I’m sure it’s useful for someone out there who might need it

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #1105 on: February 09, 2019, 11:30 »
Saw this on the Oppo Digital Facebook Page

A new official firmware for UDP-20x has just been released.

Major features in 65-0131 include "HDMI IN BYPASS" mode for Dolby Vision passthrough via HDMI In.

For a full list of updates and bug fixes in this firmware, and for instructions on how to update your player, please click on the link below:

https://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/UDP203-firmware-65-0131.aspx

(Please note, this firmware version is for UDP-20x players sold in North America.  The same firmware for other regions will be available shortly.)
If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline Hero

« Reply #1106 on: March 03, 2019, 21:02 »
Hey for those who own the 205 and 203, do change out ur original remote batteries asap!

The original batteries that came with my 203 just started leaking. Luckily i caught it in time. Managed to save my remote after opening it up and wiping off the corrosive liquid immediately from the circuit board  ;D

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #1107 on: March 03, 2019, 21:36 »
Hey for those who own the 205 and 203, do change out ur original remote batteries asap!

The original batteries that came with my 203 just started leaking. Luckily i caught it in time. Managed to save my remote after opening it up and wiping off the corrosive liquid immediately from the circuit board  ;D

Hero, use rechargeable batteries for all your important remote controls. Wont have to worry about this issue. Thats what i do

Offline Hero

« Reply #1108 on: March 03, 2019, 22:01 »
Hero, use rechargeable batteries for all your important remote controls. Wont have to worry about this issue. Thats what i do

Good idea bro Ronil. I have not encountered rechargeable batteries that leak on me before  :)

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #1109 on: March 03, 2019, 22:05 »
Good idea bro Ronil. I have not encountered rechargeable batteries that leak on me before  :)

;)